In this Discussion

Tour with Snow Patrol in Spring 2007?

edited November -1 in OK Go
So, I was searching on Ebay, and usually tickets sales don't catch my eye, but I didn't remember ever hearing of a show with OK Go and Snow Patrol.

Is this true?

If it is, that's going to be a pretty awesome tour, but I foresee it selling out fast.

Comments

• OMG. THAT MEANS OK GO AND MARTHA WAINWRIGHT MIGHT BE LIKE...CLOSE TO EACH OTHER.
  • holy shit that would izzle my fo'shizzle...or not
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Nov 12 2006, 08:57 PM)
    OMG. THAT MEANS OK GO AND MARTHA WAINWRIGHT MIGHT BE LIKE...CLOSE TO EACH OTHER.

Wha.....?
  • Martha Wainwright has a song with Snow Patrol and usually shows up when they play..
  • that would be amazing. i like snow patrol, i liek that snow patrol mentions sufjan stevens in one of their songs. i like martha wainwright, i love her brother. and i love ok go, so that sounds fantastic because by then i will already officially be in a college!
  • I think it'll be a good show because it'll be a more mellow crowd. Of course, what do I know? I always think crowds are too rambunkcious (sp?).
  • Anything that has to do with OK Go and a Wainwright sibling in the same building is wonderful.

I've never listened to Snow Patrol, though.
  • I'm pretty sure that it's going to happen. Mike Kent told me, but he said that only him and the band knew about it, so I didn't know if I was allowed to say anything, but if someone is selling tickets on ebay, then I guess I can talk about it now.

But he told me that it was going to be in February and this show is in March. Maybe it's late February into March.
  • Gah, it'd be AWESOME if these shows happened to correspond with my Spring Break again. Seeing them 3 times in one week was the best EVER.
  • they sing the song "Chasing Cars" and they've got a new video for their song with Martha Wainwright called "Set the Fire to the third Bar" their new album is Eyes Open but i like Final Straw better.
  • ah. I'm not aware of that song, either.

But if they have connections with a Wainwright sibling, then they are worthy of being checked out.
  • Whoa, that would be awesome! I'm a huge fan of both bands! smile.gif But nah... there's no way I can check them out. Bleh.
  • UHBUH???

mad.gif

Incidentally, I'm listening to "Chasing Cars" right this very second....and hey, look, "Oh Lately" just came on....
  • Did anyone else notice that they are going to be playing at MADISON SQUARE GARDEN??

That scares me to no end.
  • I guess it's official, you guys.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/903408

Presale tickets for Orlando go on sale tomorrow.
  • *hopes*

any boston shows?

because if it's snow patrol, then there's a greater chance of it being all ages, right? especially if its a big tour, cause snow patrol's all fancy now?

but anywho... what happened to their recording more in the new year?

oh well.

edit: hmm... agganis arena.

not bad- its the BC football stadium, but it'll be okay.

now to figure out if Ok Go will be there...
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Nov 13 2006, 02:17 AM)
    their new album is Eyes Open but i like Final Straw better.

Me, too. Eyes Open sounds a little too big to me.
    Speaking of big, Snow Patrol is big enough to fill stadiums in the US?

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Nov 14 2006, 03:14 AM)
    but anywho... what happened to their recording more in the new year?

If you're talking about OK Go, they might be planning the recording new stuff but Oh No became an unexpectedly belated hit, so they got to have extra tour dates to satisfy people who bought the album, I guess.
  • QUOTE (setsumi @ Nov 14 2006, 01:44 AM)
    Speaking of big, Snow Patrol is big enough to fill stadiums in the US?

I don't really think so....I know they're popular and maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think they are that big. But maybe between the two of them they can sell out stadiums.

"Chasing Cars" is ridiculously overplayed.

I don't think I would ever go see Ok Go in a stadium. I hate big venue shows, especially with bands like Ok Go who are so amazing in small places.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 14 2006, 02:40 AM)
    Did anyone else notice that they are going to be playing at MADISON SQUARE GARDEN??

That scares me to no end.

That scares me, too, but you have to remember two things:

1) The reason they're in an arena is because of Snow Patrol, not OK Go. Snow Patrol just did (is still doing?) a European tour that was all in arenas, basically. If OK Go was headlining, they probably wouldn't be there.

2) They're playing at The Theater at MSG, NOT the arena. I saw Franz in The Theater back in October 2005, and it's actually pretty nice. I mean, yeah, it's big, significantly bigger than where OK Go has been playing, but it's not huge by any means. Probably around the same capacity as the Hammerstein. If you're fast enough and get their early enough, you can grab floor tickets and get pretty close to the bands onstage. It's still possible. And even if you're not, I sat about halfway back in the seated area and still had a great view of the stage. I wasn't close, no, but it wasn't horrible or anything.