In this Discussion

Tour with Snow Patrol in Spring 2007?

Comments

• yeah, I'm not very worried, just preparing for the worst, haha.

I, too, have been periodically checking Snow Patrol's website, so I knew that much.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 30 2006, 04:57 PM)
    For the San Francisco show, I heard a rumor that tickets aren't going on sale until January. By heard, I mean that someone said that on Snow Patrol's board, but I don't know how reliable he is.

January!? I heard december.....so who knows.
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Nov 30 2006, 09:17 PM)
    January!? I heard december.....so who knows.

Really? I'm really tired with all this wondering. I've been worrying about this show for almost a month now.
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Nov 29 2006, 08:12 AM)
    Ha, there should be a forum with just these inside jokes!

"OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK...go!"

"I'm not your fucking monkey!"

"You know who made this stroganoff so back the hell up, Damian, Damian."

Is there one?

I was watching this show in spanish and the guy was talking about cacti (cactuses? whatever..)
    I started laughing histerically, I mean seriously, it was out of control.
    My mom was like "what the hell is wrong with you, are you crazy." I tried to explain it to her, but she remained clueless.
    Do moments like these happen to anyone else?

BTW, I got an email today from Snow Patrol because I had written them asking about the San Francisco date. This is what it said:

"The San Fran show will be announced in the coming weeks, most likely on pre-sale date is Tuesday 12th December."

So.....WOO HOO! We can all officially get excited!
  • That happens to me all the time. Or I'm sitting in class with my best friend (also OK Go crazed), and then the teacher will say "OK" or at one point the word "venetian" came up in our conversation and we looked at eachother and started laughing (this was ceramics though. Any other class we would have had to hold it all in). The people at our table give us strange looks. And when my friend and I randomly say a line from the DVD or something we'll burst into a laughing fit and someone always asks "what's so funny?" and we always go "Trust me... you don't even want to get us started" and they trust us and leave it be. Everyone thinks we're crazy. And we pry are sometimes... I feel like I've gotten brainwashed by them. I can relate most anything to OK Go somehow. I have all these trigger words that cause my head to spin in that direction. Others are Johnny Depp, Pirates, U2... Just things that I really like. And now it's all of OK Go's names and song titles and things. Ugh. I'm constantly whipping my head around trying to figure out what people are talking about
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Dec 1 2006, 01:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=87334

I have moments like that all the time. Most of my friends get them, but when I start cracking up about something they don't know about, like u tilize, all I have to say is OK Go and then they understand.
  • YES! Thank you.
    I am really really really excited.
  • I met a kid who was (is? blink.gif ) addicted to klonopin today.... and I almost started singing... but then I realized that would be wicked tactless.

twas interesting, though. I've been having a very Ok Go-filled day.

and... my friends still don't know if they can go or not. heck, I still haven't asked my parents... I prolly should, haha.
    but I'm not relly worried, I'd just like to get the tix sooner rather than later.
  • okay, so.

dilemma.

floor tickets for the boston show are sold out already (they've been on sale since Nov. 17, silly me)
    there's some on ebay, in pairs. Now- I could get the really expensive front row seats (which I'd be willing to buy),
    OR I could get the floor seats which are towards the back, and hope that there're seats free to move up into during Ok GO's set.
    OR I could get front row arena seats, right near the stage.
    OR, finally, I could give up on it and get whichever arena seats are left.

the other thing is, they all come in pairs, but with the front row arena seats the highest bidder has the option of buying two more seats, right near it, @ the price of the final bid. I've already asked two friends to come with me, I don't know if either of them can, and I'm sure I could find a third person to take the last ticket if they both can.

so which should I do?
  • Hmm. That's a confusing situation. It sucks that there's no general admission.

If you want to have a good view of the guys, I think you should get front row floor or arena. Because if you get floor seats in the back, there's a possibilty that you could move up all the way to the front, but I don't think that will happen. If the arena seats are front row and you can be in a section that's close to the stage, I think you'll be able to get a good view. You probably won't be able to yell at them or anything, but you should get a good view. I don't really know though because I've never been to the venue, so I don't really have any experience with shows there. If you're willing and have the means to get the expensive front row ones, then you should go for it. Even if your friends don't come, you should be able to sell the tickets pretty easily.
  • tell me about it.

Right now I'm leaning towards the front-row arena seats. They're literally right next to the stage, so we'll have a very very good view of andy. there'll be the option of buying the other two if we have to. and, bidding doesn't stop for another four days, so we still have time to figure it out haha.

and as much as I want the front floor seats, they're way expensive and I'd only be able to take one friend. they're still an option, but only if someone can't go.

I'ma talk to them, and see what we can figure out.
  • The front row arena seats sound good. I hope it all works out!
  • FROM SNOW PATROL WEBSITE:

NEW CHICAGO SHOW ADDED TO NORTH AMERICAN TOUR!
    [indent]
    A new show at Aragon Ballroom in Chicago has been added to Snow Patrol's 2007 North American tour.

Tickets for the show, that takes place on April 2nd 2007, go on sale on Saturday 2nd December 2006 at 12:00PM (CST) via www.ticketmaster.com.

Tickets have been available all week to registered SnowPatrol.com fans, via an exclusive pre-sale in the Members Area. To be informed first of tour announcements and pre-sale opportunities, sign up for the members area by clicking here.
  • I thought I would bump this for people going to the Houston and Denver shows. Houston pre-sale starts tomorrow and Denver is on Tuesday.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/4ny4ur
  • I should totally blow off my final semester of college and follow OK Go to each of their gigs. That is worth so much more than a degree in English. smile.gif
  • Pre-sale for the Portland and D. C. shows starts tomorrow as well as the Denver show. The Portland and D. C. shows aren't on the ticketmaster pre-sale page, but they'll put the link on Snow Patrol's site here:

http://www.snowpatrol.com/members/pre_sale.aspx

The password is headlights.
  • I forgot to add that the D. C. show is at Bender Arena and not at the D.A.R. Hall or whatever.
  • Hey all!

I just saw last night that they NYC - 26th show is sold out, but they've added another night.

And, I got tix! They're far back, but it's a small theater that it shouldn't be too bad.

Wheeee!
  • REALLY??? PORTLAND?? EEEEEEEEK!!! Thank you sooooo soooo much! Why havn't I heard a single darned thing about this? Even the people on the forums don't know about it. Where do you get this info from? Gosh. I'm like, on the mailing list and I check every day and all. But thank you SO SO SOOOOO much!
  • I'm magic. Didn't you know? biggrin.gif

The Snow Patrol forum is pretty dead. No one seems to know much about the shows. Hopefully they'll anounce San Francisco soon.