In this Discussion

Tour with Snow Patrol in Spring 2007?

Comments

• Well, I guess I'm going to go see them in Washington now. Aces!
  • With any luck I'll be to Washington's as well. Gotta get 2 shows, dontcha know. It's just a matter of convincing my parents to let me take a train up there for the night and taking a red eye vehicle trip back :/ Any suggestions?
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Dec 5 2006, 07:19 AM)
    With any luck I'll be to Washington's as well. Gotta get 2 shows, dontcha know. It's just a matter of convincing my parents to let me take a train up there for the night and taking a red eye vehicle trip back :/ Any suggestions?

Desperately searching the streets for a look-a-like that would be willing to pose as you for a couple of days, for a small price. Food and room is provided.
  • Snagged tickets to the DC show. Rock on! Oops, sorry ushies, should have said DC instead of Washington. I will be doing double shows as well - DC and Camden, NJ.

I know there is something wrong about this reaction, but the first thing I thought of when I saw the presale time and date was, "Oh CRAP, I'll be at the hospital checking in for my surgery. Who do I know that can get the tickets for me?" Yes, I was more worried about getting OK Go tickets than about the fact that I was going to be checking in for surgery. (sigh) In fact, I was standing in the hospital lobby at 9:59 a.m. making frantic phone calls to be sure my cousin had gotten my message about the tickets. I'm sick in more ways than one.

Surgery went fine, by the way. I'm home now and my cousin bought us the tickets, so all is well in my skewed little universe.
  • What were you in for? sad.gif

There IS going to be a Washington state show eventually. I've seen the date. It was posted on the SP site a while back, when they also had a date up for Portland and everything before they were announced. They say "These shows just announced!" but we all know better. They havn't said anything about the WS show yet, but I know it's there. It's supposed to be Feb 27th.
    My OK Go fanatic friend is going to try to talk her parents into going up with us. We'll see what happens there... And we'll also have to wait and see when the presale for the WS show will start too. I figure soon though since this Portland one was just started because supposedly SP had a great show here on Saturday (that I missed tongue.gif ) so they have decided to come back. They'll be in Washington within the next few days, so I'm sure they'll do the same thing with that one. Gotta start convincing those parents fast!
    I like the idea of a double. Very nice. All I need is someone to site here in this room with the light on for a while, and then quietly go upstairs after midnight and watch movies on my little DVD player. Then if they drive they can pick Em and I up from the train station and we'll take over from there. It's brilliant, I say! MUAHAHA!!! If only that were realistic sleep.gif
  • How big is the venue in Chicago that they're performing at?

I'm debating on if I should buy tickets or not . . .

Edit:
    Before I even ask that, are they even playing in Chicago? pollstar doesn't say so.

Double Edit:
    sad.gif Nevermind, I think OK Go keeps track of where I live and decides not to play there.

Oh well, I'll see Of Montreal and Jim Gaffigan to make up for it. smile.gif
  • !
    Me too, I was really sad that OK Go was never ever coming near here and then I saw that Of Montreal is coming so now I'm excited again.
    :] February 12. gaaaah long time though
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Dec 5 2006, 07:54 PM)
    How big is the venue in Chicago that they're performing at?

I'm debating on if I should buy tickets or not . . .

Edit:
    Before I even ask that, are they even playing in Chicago? pollstar doesn't say so.

Double Edit:
    sad.gif Nevermind, I think OK Go keeps track of where I live and decides not to play there.

Oh well, I'll see Of Montreal and Jim Gaffigan to make up for it. smile.gif

They're playing in Chicago. Nothing is really keeping up with the tour dates. The tickets that are on sale now are on this page:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/903408
  • QUOTE (terren @ Dec 6 2006, 12:56 AM)
    !
    Me too, I was really sad that OK Go was never ever coming near here and then I saw that Of Montreal is coming so now I'm excited again.
    :] February 12. gaaaah long time though

It will be here quickly. I'm moving to Chicago towards the end of January. A few months ago, it seemed like that was a long time away, but now it's about a month and a half away and when I look back, it seems that the time has gone by so fast . . .

I feel all nostalgic now. smile.gif

But I'm really anxious and excited about moving.

I'm getting off-topic ohmy.gif

Edit:

and for some reason, terren, I thought you lived in Chicago. I must be getting sleepy . . .

They're playing in Chicago. Nothing is really keeping up with the tour dates. The tickets that are on sale now are on this page:

I looked up tickets for the Chicago date and they were sold out already . . . or so tickmaster says. Hmmmm.

I still have Of Montreal and Jim Gaffigan to look forward too. And if I can somehow get an OK Go ticket . . . that would make my life.
  • I should go home in March for my mom's birthday--which just happens to be the date of the show in DC....hmmm.....

OMG I'm home that weekend for spring break!!! I'm off to join the Snow Patrol fan club to get tickets.
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Dec 5 2006, 10:30 PM)
    I looked up tickets for the Chicago date and they were sold out already . . . or so tickmaster says. Hmmmm.

I still have Of Montreal and Jim Gaffigan to look forward too. And if I can somehow get an OK Go ticket . . . that would make my life.

That's too bad. I posted the pre-sale link about a week ago. I guess it sold out in a few days. But Of Montreal and Jim Gaffigan are awesome. That reminds me. I need to get Of Montreal tickets.
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Dec 5 2006, 08:59 PM)
    What were you in for? sad.gif

I had to get my gallbladder out. They did it laparoscopically, and I went home the same day. I'm still sore, but I'm rocking the Percocet, and I'll be fine by Saturday. I'm already well enough that my husband drove me to pick up my tickets today for this Saturday's show in DC!

I should probably go over to the "You know you're obsessed" thread and post about the surgery/buying tickets thing. Even I can't believe I went that hardcore. My cousin was like, "Uh...yeah. I'll get the tickets for the DC show in March. Calm down." I was concerned because I thought they might have set up seating on the floor, and I wanted to be sure we got as far forward as possible, but she said the tickets were gen admission, so I guess I didn't have to worry. Looks like I'll be leaving work early to stand in line for a prime spot at that show, though.
  • I was freaking out over my tickets. I was stuck at school, and I was sitting in English class when I looked at the clock and it was exactly 10 on the dot. It was kinda freaky, actually. And I knew that right that second tickets had gone on sale and with any luck my dad was on the site getting them for me right then. But I didn't know for a long time. And then the next period I was in math when suddenly I realized the only thing I'd forgotten to tell my parents- have them SEND the tickets, don't just print them out. I despise those home print out tickets! Part of the fun is having the ticket stub after the show to treasure. I had no way I could make sure, and it was already 11 and I figured it was too late. Luckily it didn't cost any extra to have them mailed, so my dad had them do that. But he told me that if there had been an extra fee then I'd be all pissed right now because I had those icky big printed ones. Later when I asked my dad about the tickets he tried to be funny and said "I know you said floor tickets, and that's what I got. But I wasn't sure because there was this pass where if you got bowl tickets and were the first to do that then you'd get free back stage passes. I went ahead and got the floor ones though *chuckle*". That SO wasn't funny. If that had been real, I may have chosen bowl seats just so I'd have a better chance of meeting all of OK Go and then Snow Patrol as well. That would have rocked!
  • The pre-sale for the Seattle and Universal City shows starts on Monday.

So all of the shows are either on sale or going to be on sale EXCEPT FOR MY SHOW! sad.gif It should be soon though, unless they decide to skip over San Francisco.
  • Alrighty. So looks like I've got 2 days to change my parent's minds. Thanks for that! I've been checking the site (like before) and havn't seen any info on that date. Strange.
    I guess I better start convincing!
  • No, no no. They cannot and will not skip Sf.
    Ihope.
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Dec 9 2006, 10:49 AM)
    Alrighty. So looks like I've got 2 days to change my parent's minds. Thanks for that! I've been checking the site (like before) and havn't seen any info on that date. Strange.
    I guess I better start convincing!

Good luck with that! Sometimes Snow Patrol's site updates first and other times Ticketmaster is first. It's weird. I basically check about four different sites each day for updates.

QUOTE (terren @ Dec 9 2006, 12:36 PM)
    No, no no. They cannot and will not skip Sf.
    Ihope.

I will kick their asses if they skip over San Francisco. Well, I guess I can't if they don't come, but I can get my friend to do it for me because she lives in so-cal and is going to see them.
  • I checked the Snow Patrol site today and on the pre-sale page, it says this:

"We will be announcing details of three new shows for the West Coast of USA on Monday 11th December (PST), please log back in then for full infrormation."

Which means they're definitely playing in San Francisco because it's one of three west coast dates they haven't announced. Yay!
  • AaahhahhhhhhH!
    Yay! I wonder what the other two shows are?
  • Ticketmaster added Universal City on March 2nd

That wasnt there before right?

I just want the SF show tickets!!!!