In this Discussion

Tour with Snow Patrol in Spring 2007?

Comments

• Did you go to the Sacramento show on the 3rd?
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 25 2006, 01:06 AM)
    Did you go to the Sacramento show on the 3rd?

Yes! I went to that show....but I almost didn't go. up to that point I had only known about OK Go for about two weeks, so I was not that familiar with them. But I'm so glad I went. I had the best time ever! I took tons of pics, but most of them are blurry. I did get some pretty good ones though, maybe I'll post them later.

BTW, I was sooo not prepared for QYDJ. Their show was different from anything I had seen, but I enjoyed their music.

Where you at the Sacramento show?!
  • I was there. I was standing in front of Tim. Second or third row, but me and my sister left during Neat, Neat, Neat and moved to the back so we could be next to the little stage for the acoustic set.

It took me forever to get there though. Bascially, I didn't go to school that day. Me and my sister tried to take a train at 1 to get to Sacramento, but we missed it, so we had to wait for one at 2:30. Then we got to Sacramento at 5, but we had to walk almost two miles to get from the train station to the venue, so we got there at about 5:45 and doors were supposed to open at 6, so we were freaking out, but the line wasn't too long and they opened doors really late. Then, after the show was over, we missed the last train out of Sacramento, so we had to stay in a motel overnight and then take a train in the morning. My dad was surprisingly okay about this whole thing. Except with the missing school part. I didn't tell him about that.

That show wins the award for the farthest I have ever traveled for OK Go and for the largest amount of crazyness I have done for OK Go.
  • WOW! I don't think I'd have the guts to go on a trip like that. But thats cuz I've never been on a bus or train, anywhere. Im from a little town outside sacramento and dont really go anywhere dry.gif
    I went with my friend (I dragged her to the show cuz she'd never heard of OK Go! ohmy.gif ) We got there about 5 minutes after you cuz she had to go home to change after work. And I was suprised the line wasnt that long.
    We were standing in front of Andy, but we were in about the 6th row. I bet you got some good pics of Tim; I didn't. he was just too far away and my camera sucks at concerts! It's so funny that we were at the same place, yet this is where we meet! did you meet any of the guys after the show? I know Dan came out but I really wanted to buy a tshirt and they were going fast. so I decided to get the shirt 1st, then go meet Dan cuz he was so busy with other people anyways. But when I got my shirt, he was gone sad.gif

Hey do you remember when Damian hugged Tim? I can't remember why he hugged him, do you?

QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 25 2006, 03:20 PM)
    I was there. I was standing in front of Tim. Second or third row, but me and my sister left during Neat, Neat, Neat and moved to the back so we could be next to the little stage for the acoustic set.

It took me forever to get there though. Bascially, I didn't go to school that day. Me and my sister tried to take a train at 1 to get to Sacramento, but we missed it, so we had to wait for one at 2:30. Then we got to Sacramento at 5, but we had to walk almost two miles to get from the train station to the venue, so we got there at about 5:45 and doors were supposed to open at 6, so we were freaking out, but the line wasn't too long and they opened doors really late. Then, after the show was over, we missed the last train out of Sacramento, so we had to stay in a motel overnight and then take a train in the morning. My dad was surprisingly okay about this whole thing. Except with the missing school part. I didn't tell him about that.

That show wins the award for the farthest I have ever traveled for OK Go and for the largest amount of crazyness I have done for OK Go.
  • I probably wouldn't have taken the trip either, but my sister was with me (she's 21). I saw all the guys. I got to talk to all of them for a little bit, which is pretty rare. Usually I only get to talk to one or two of them and I barely even see the others, but I was pretty lucky with this show.

I kind of remember the hug, but I don't remember why.

Do you remember when that ball hit Damian's crotch? Because that was my sister. She meant to throw it onto the stage, but she missed.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 25 2006, 08:08 PM)
    Do you remember when that ball hit Damian's crotch? Because that was my sister. She meant to throw it onto the stage, but she missed.

I just spit on my screen, thanks. biggrin.gif
  • haha.

My sister bought this little ball that lights up when you hit it and she wanted to throw it onto the stage, but she missed and it landed on the ground. Then she got someone to pick it up and she tried to throw it again and it hit Damian instead. Then Damian threw it back into the crowd.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 25 2006, 05:35 PM)
    haha.

My sister bought this little ball that lights up when you hit it and she wanted to throw it onto the stage, but she missed and it landed on the ground. Then she got someone to pick it up and she tried to throw it again and it hit Damian instead. Then Damian threw it back into the crowd.

HAHA!! I totally remember that! It would have been cool if he threw it back at your sister though.

How long did you have to wait before the rest of the guys came out. I would have stayed but my friend had to work early the next morning, and it wouldn't have been fair if I asked her to stay until the guys decided to come out. If I would have known you, and known you were there, I totally would have waited with you guys!
  • *does jig*

there's no way my parents are saying no to this.

there's no way anything will stop me from being at the Agganis Arena March 28.

specially since a bunch of my friends wanna go anyways to see snow patrol.

I don't even care that it's an arena, now. I really don't. I just wanna see Ok GO live at least once in my life.
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Nov 25 2006, 06:26 PM)
    HAHA!! I totally remember that! It would have been cool if he threw it back at your sister though.

How long did you have to wait before the rest of the guys came out. I would have stayed but my friend had to work early the next morning, and it wouldn't have been fair if I asked her to stay until the guys decided to come out. If I would have known you, and known you were there, I totally would have waited with you guys!

I was pointing at her after he picked it up, but he didn't see.

I saw Dan when he was inside and then we had to wait maybe 10-20 minutes outside? You should have waited with us. There were a few other girls, but not a lot of people stayed after.

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Nov 25 2006, 06:33 PM)
    *does jig*

there's no way my parents are saying no to this.

there's no way anything will stop me from being at the Agganis Arena March 28.

specially since a bunch of my friends wanna go anyways to see snow patrol.

I don't even care that it's an arena, now. I really don't. I just wanna see Ok GO live at least once in my life.

You should go! It's really unfair that OK Go keeps doing age restricted shows near you. I'll yell at them next time I see them.
  • Hey! I was at the Sacramento show too. Several rows back in the middle-ish, but closer to Andy.
    How long did you have to wait afterwards to see the guys?
    I should have done that.
    Any updates on the SF show with Snow Patrol???
  • They put the dates back up on Snow Patrol's site, but still no info on tickets. Of course I'll let everyone know if I find out anything.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 27 2006, 03:04 PM)
    They put the dates back up on Snow Patrol's site, but still no info on tickets. Of course I'll let everyone know if I find out anything.

Why must they toy with my emotions this way! I am a fragil person....I just hope those dates stay on tongue.gif

Thanks smile.gif
  • The combination of this and writing college essays is driving me insane. More insane than I already am.
  • QUOTE (terren @ Nov 25 2006, 07:43 PM)
    Hey! I was at the Sacramento show too. Several rows back in the middle-ish, but closer to Andy.

Cool! I was in front of Andy, around the 5th or 6th row

QUOTE (terren @ Nov 25 2006, 07:43 PM)
    Any updates on the SF show with Snow Patrol???

Well, as of now, it's happening. But who knows if they take the dates off again. I think we should all cross our fingers hoping they have tickets available soon!

QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 27 2006, 03:15 PM)
    The combination of this and writing college essays is driving me insane. More insane than I already am.

I've been insane for a while, so there's no real effect on me...
  • Chicago people! Pre-sale started already. Probably early today. Here's the link:

http://www.snowpatrol.com/members/pre_sale.aspx

I'm kind of sad that I missed this because I was up until 3 AM last night writing essays and I checked the site before I went to sleep and they didn't announce it at all. Oh yeah, they also took down some of the dates like they did before, but they'll put them back up.
  • I already got tickets for the show in San Diego on March 3. They aren't that great of tickets, but we kind of plan to leave when OK Go is done to try to catch them when they leave.
  • !!!

Thank you!

I was up until... I think it was 5:30am...And I literally could not even start this one essay. Nor complete the other assignment due. And then I didn't even go to class this morning. Probably the most frustrating/ disappointing thing ever. I think I've a screw loose in my head >.>

Anywho! I hope you get some rest ^^

//Edit: I changed it to "I hope you" because before I thought it sounded too demanding/ nagging. Minor technicality. Sorry. I'm weird XD
  • QUOTE (nati_face @ Nov 28 2006, 04:55 PM)
    !!!

Thank you!

I was up until... I think it was 5:30am...And I literally could not even start this one essay. Nor complete the other assignment due. And then I didn't even go to class this morning. Probably the most frustrating/ disappointing thing ever. I think I've a screw loose in my head >.>

Anywho! Get some rest ^^

No problem. I think the tickets went on sale at about 10 in the morning.

I've had a few days like that. We should both take naps, but the boards are so addicting.
  • ezorvera,
    Thank you so much for the tip about the Chicago presale! I'm sending you "good essay" vibes in gratitude.