In this Discussion

Tour with Snow Patrol in Spring 2007?

Comments

• weeeeeeee, i just bought my ticket for the detroit show...
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Nov 14 2006, 03:42 PM)

#%$%^ that says there's a chicago show, i bought tickets to detroit since there wasn't a chicago date listed on snow patrols site, haha, maybe i'll end up going to two shows?..
  • I'm wondering though if both the supporting acts will be there for the entire Snow Patrol tour or if it will be split with one band for the first part, then the other band opens for the next bunch of shows.
  • Hey Darbie - I would like to buy tickets for the Detroit show on 4/1, but I don't know the code for the Ticketmaster presale. Can you tell me, please?! Thanks!
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Nov 14 2006, 04:02 PM)
    I'm wondering though if both the supporting acts will be there for the entire Snow Patrol tour or if it will be split with one band for the first part, then the other band opens for the next bunch of shows.

snow patrols site lists both bands as opening on all the dates...
  • Thank you, Darbie!!
  • how do you get a presale code? i'm so excited about the boys finally playing in miami for once (even if they're supporting). i'll still drive the four hours to the orlando show, though. ok go twice in a week? best birthday present ever!

ps: oh hi everyone! i usually lurk, but this news is too awesome not to comment on.
  • These aren't really huge concerts, they're playing at the usual venues for my area.

And guess what? They'll be playing during my spring break again!!! WOOO!!! ROAD TRIP!
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Nov 14 2006, 01:42 PM)

Thanks for posting that because I was freaking out last night when I got my Snow Patrol email about pre-sales and it didn't list the San Francisco show. I thought that maybe they weren't coming or maybe that OK Go wasn't going to open for my show.

QUOTE (sprechysang @ Nov 14 2006, 04:03 PM)
    how do you get a presale code? i'm so excited about the boys finally playing in miami for once (even if they're supporting). i'll still drive the four hours to the orlando show, though. ok go twice in a week? best birthday present ever!

ps: oh hi everyone! i usually lurk, but this news is too awesome not to comment on.

Well, when they guys told me that they were coming with Snow Patrol, I signed up for the their email list and last night it gave me a list of all the pre-sale shows and a link to go buy them. You have to sign-up on their site to become a member and then you can access it, but it's really quick.
  • How fast would these sell out?
    Theres a date scheduled for Austin in March, but it's way too far ahead to tell. I hate that I keep on making plans to see them and I've failed so many times. I think I'm gonna buy the tickets and then when the time comes, my mom will be forced to take me. Oh how it sucks to be a minor.
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Nov 14 2006, 03:09 PM)
    snow patrols site lists both bands as opening on all the dates...

Anyone know if there are any Phoenix dates planned? I looked at the link ihave7stars posted. I didn't see any Snow Patrol shows for Phoenix. Anybody else know for sure (perhaps darbs, my dear queen might know)?
    Well, when they guys told me that they were coming with Snow Patrol, I signed up for the their email list and last night it gave me a list of all the pre-sale shows and a link to go buy them. You have to sign-up on their site to become a member and then you can access it, but it's really quick.

i eventually found it listed on the website. no email sign up required.here and woah crazy envy at you actually talking to the guys. the closest i've come is smiling at dan as he walked past me once. i hate being shy!
  • QUOTE (sprechysang @ Nov 14 2006, 08:55 PM)
    i eventually found it listed on the website. no email sign up required.here and woah crazy envy at you actually talking to the guys. the closest i've come is smiling at dan as he walked past me once. i hate being shy!

I guess I didn't have to sign up for the mailing list.

I'm pretty shy too and the first few times I saw them, my sister had to come with me and start talking and then I would eventually say something. You should just go up to Dan because he's awesome and so nice.
  • I'm so excited because I like OK Go and Snow Patrol, and I think I might get to go!
  • Just bought a ticket for Milwaukee. And signed up on Snow Patrol's site--hopefully they'll send out an email when there's ticket info for the Chicago show listed on LiveDaily.

Whee!
  • ...They're playing in Chicago on my birthday.

You'd better believe I'm going to abuse that. "Hug me, it's my birthday! [doesn't let go]" Haha.

(Thank you for posty mcpostin' that link, ihave7stars!)
  • QUOTE (nati_face @ Nov 15 2006, 09:11 PM)
    ...They're playing in Chicago on my birthday.

You'd better believe I'm going to abuse that. "Hug me, it's my birthday! [doesn't let go]" Haha.

That's so awesome. You should definitely abuse the hell out of that. They played two shows that were within a week of my birthday, but never on my birthday. My sister got them to sign a birthday card for me, but I never remembered to mention it to them.
  • Am I the only one here who wishes the band would stop touring long enough so they can write some more songs, make some more videos and put out another CD? First CD in 2002, second in 2005, third in...2008? unsure.gif BTW, I don't know how they do it -- I'd go bonkers living out of a suitcase for that long.
  • QUOTE (nati_face @ Nov 16 2006, 12:11 AM)
    ...They're playing in Chicago on my birthday.

(Thank you for posty mcpostin' that link, ihave7stars!)

The Snow Patrol article lists April 2 @ Aragon Ballroom, but the OK Go myspace actually skips that date, going from Detroit on the 1st to St. Louis on the 4th. I hope this is just a clerical error.

QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Nov 16 2006, 09:14 AM)
    Am I the only one here who wishes the band would stop touring long enough so they can write some more songs, make some more videos and put out another CD? First CD in 2002, second in 2005, third in...2008? unsure.gif BTW, I don't know how they do it -- I'd go bonkers living out of a suitcase for that long.

A new album would be so cool! It looks like they have a break from mid-Dec. to March. Enough time?