In this Discussion

DAMIAN SPOTTING IN STARBUCKS PASADENA AT 2:00PM

14567810»

Comments

• heheh! a mom/son duo going to shows! that is too intense.

So would you say Ok go helps with your bonding experience?
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Feb 16 2007, 09:16 AM)
    heheh! a mom/son duo going to shows! that is too intense.

So would you say Ok go helps with your bonding experience?

Don't forget our lovely Liz (mum) and Hannah(daughter)!

A bunch of us grownups took Hannah and one of her friends to the London Gig at Koko 2 weeks ago!
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Feb 15 2007, 10:13 PM)
    Heh, I knew other people on here would know what I meant. Welcome to the board, btw smile.gif

I know what you mean about it keeping you young. In many ways I feel like I'm still 14. And that's why it's jarring when you see the numbers. I thought the other day about how I'm going to turn 34 this year, and it's not that I see the thirties as really old--it's that I don't feel like I'm that number. I guess it's always gonna be that way from here on out. Or at least I hope so--I hope I don't start feeling like the real number! smile.gif

And the other way the numbers jar you is you see the year someone who is in their mid-twenties was born, and it's--1981! 1982! I mean, I remember 1981 and 1982! What the hell? lol (Or you see the birth year of someone on the board and it's in the 1990s, and you have a heart attack.)

But nah, the age stuff doesn't worry me--it's just one of those things. One of those new-thing-I-have-to-wrap-my-head-around things. Which isn't all that new anymore--I'm used to it. A few years ago, though, it really weirded me out, though, and I felt like a dirty old lady at the age of 28. "Heath Ledger was born when?"
    biggrin.gif

I can relate to everything that you've said. I'm in my mid...ahem....thirties, and it does feel strange seeing how young some of the posters on this board are. At first, I thought it might be strange that I'm even on this board, and then I thought, who cares? Everyone here no matter what age, race, sex, etc. have one thing in common: we love Ok Go. That's all that matters. Rock music and rock fans shouldn't be dependent on age because any type of music can appeal to anyone who appreciates well-written songs. And fun videos. And cute guys....okay, sorry, I'm straying here.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only "old" soul on this board; we older fans should not have to feel weird or creepy. It's cool that we can still appreciate good rock.
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Feb 12 2007, 10:41 PM)
    I think I have to agree with the "Oh, Jesus," comment. laugh.gif You guys are too much. Thank you for my evening entertainment.
    Heehee, thanks, that was mine. smile.gif

QUOTE (sherib @ Feb 15 2007, 10:34 PM)
    It's weird when I remember I'm older than him.
    Yeah, me too. I also go back and forth between being totally attracted to him and feeling the pride and support that a big sister feels for her little brother.

QUOTE (Brunonianne @ Feb 15 2007, 10:44 PM)
    ...being a rock music fan never gets old. It actually keeps me young at heart. And so do the lovely guys who make the music. Puts a spring in my step.
    Amen to that.

QUOTE (rocksugar @ Feb 16 2007, 12:25 AM)
    Somehow, I think OK Go is beyond age. Their music is so cleverly written and they are just AWESOME. Obsessed is such a strong word, I respect and love the music they make no matter how old they are or I am.
    Amen, again.

QUOTE (keaton @ Feb 16 2007, 01:21 AM)
    B) OK Go is a four quadrant band. blink.gif
    That's a happy thought!

QUOTE (Little_cat_feet @ Feb 18 2007, 01:00 AM)
    I can relate to everything that you've said. I'm in my mid...ahem....thirties, and it does feel strange seeing how young some of the posters on this board are. At first, I thought it might be strange that I'm even on this board, and then I thought, who cares? Everyone here no matter what age, race, sex, etc. have one thing in common: we love Ok Go. That's all that matters. Rock music and rock fans shouldn't be dependent on age because any type of music can appeal to anyone who appreciates well-written songs. And fun videos. And cute guys....okay, sorry, I'm straying here.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only "old" soul on this board; we older fans should not have to feel weird or creepy. It's cool that we can still appreciate good rock.
    My thoughts exactly. I also felt strange joining the board, but I'm so glad I didn't let that stop me. Hanging out with all of you is so much fun! And we rock!
  • If you think about it, you're a lot closer to the band's ages than most of us young'uns... we're the creepy ones. I'm 17 but I am still convinced that the 14 year age gap between me and Damian can be overcome - that's a little odd, surely?

Also, I love this thread because it makes me feel better about my own obsessive tendencies. There are others who take it just as far as I do, and for that, I thank you smile.gif
  • How did this thread get to 7 pages? I haven't been paying attention...
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 20 2007, 02:59 PM)
    How did this thread get to 7 pages? I haven't been paying attention...

Haha, apparently the whole JC is over here now.
  • Those dirty rotten JC people. How I love them. But these board thingies are obviously better and more pwnsome.
  • QUOTE (Little_cat_feet @ Feb 18 2007, 06:00 AM)

I like the way you think! I'm only 14 so I'm looking at this whole thing form a much diferent point of view, but I couldn't agree with you more.
  • QUOTE (mundum @ Feb 27 2007, 10:43 AM)
    I like the way you think! I'm only 14 so I'm looking at this whole thing form a much diferent point of view, but I couldn't agree with you more.

I like looking at things from another person's point of view, so to me the more diversity the better.
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Feb 27 2007, 04:56 PM)
    I like looking at things from another person's point of view, so to me the more diversity the better.

too damn true my friend smile.gif
  • HHERE IT IS smile.gif

lol

yeap, months later, i still go to that starbucks and choke back a sob. am i crazy or what xD
  • hahaha aw its okay dear.
    one day.. you never know!
  • hahah, no worries if I was you I would probally go in every day just for the chance of seeing him. And I agree, one day, it will happen again!
  • Hey freehugs, I have a Free Hugs shirt smile.gif I love hugging people smile.gif IE Damian