In this Discussion

are you an artist?

Comments

• yeh this thread is pretty good, i dont think anting i do is good enough to post though haha plus its hard to get pictures of when its at school! haha

but at school they kind of tell you what to do untill next year, but somtimes the teachers choose some pretty cool stuff. at teh moment were making sculptures out of soap! pretty cool
  • last semester we almost made life size tape sculptures...i don't know what happened...we never did any sculptures...

she let me down.
  • haha well our teacher ahs REALLY let us down! she's making us do a wall mosaque for one of the buildings! i have quite teh fear of mosaquing, i pretty much cut a massive chunk out of my left index finger.. teh scar still tells the tale.
  • My art teacher is so cool, but her ideas are just so boring. And she doesn't really teach you. One day, I asked her, "Mrs. Pierce, could you teach me how to improve my pencil drawings of teeth?" And she ust grabbed my project and drew the teeth for me. Arggh! And my favorite medium is paint, but more specifically: gouache.
  • i've never used 'gouache' before...i was just reading something and it said that word..

what exactly is it?

i feel like an idiot for not knowing this..
  • its an acrylic water colour paint
  • ok, thanks. =D

dry.gif i still feel like an idiot for not knowing that in the first place though..
  • you shouldnt, alot of people dont know what it is. smile.gif
  • I love saying it...GOO-AWSH...huh.gif I think that's how you say it.
  • My friend and I made this video for school. We wrote it together, I directed and edited it. Film is art, no?

Our assignment was to make a film version of either Macbeth or Death of a Salesman, which were the last two books we had read. We decided to shake things up and combine the two.

Macbeth + Death of a Salesman = Macdeath of a Salesman

It's really only funny if you've read both plays. And um... recently. Heh. Well, watch it anyway. I worked very hard editing it and we're both very proud of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O18DO02L8E

Oh and tell me what you think!
  • Macdeath? I love you people.
  • i do graphic design but i have to email the file home from school until then heres a shitty picture of my last project, a CD cover design. I'm not a photographer for sure, heh.
    heres the really crap picture to show what the colors are suppose to look like:

heres a close up, the came out looking weird because of the shine:

front

back
  • You did an awesome job, that's really fucking cool.
  • thank you smile.gif, it took forever to get that picture link of the back cover to work, jeez.
  • I only work in Photoshop and Flash, and most of you have seen my work.
  • i drew some weird stuff today.

oh, and my fingers are cold.

woo
  • When the heck is my art teacher going to let me take home the art that is rightfully mine?
  • i don't know, ask her.

biggrin.gif