In this Discussion

are you an artist?

Comments

• We had to do clay in Art and make a pot. So I started out just making a coil pot, but then I decided it kinda looked like a hunny jar, so I painted it a dark yellow and wrote "hunny" on it like Winnie the Pooh

• HUNNY!!!
    that is sooo awesome

here is a drawing i did tonight

I scanned all the pages im finished in my moleskine so far... if you guys want to see. http://www.flickr.com/groups/melissabdrawings/

and that drawing is pretty rad hot shot!
  • ah, mel, I want to buy your stuff and decorate everything! You should make wallets and handbags.
  • and canoe paddles

Davy Jones This looks a lot better in person

Elizabeth Swan, also looks better in person

I did both of these about 2 years ago
  • Those are pretty awesome, although I think that the Elizabeth picture looks more like Emma Watson than Kiera Knightly. Just a thought.
  • Whoa, you all are such amazing artists!! *falls back in shock* ohmy.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jul 8 2008, 11:47 AM)
    Those are pretty awesome, although I think that the Elizabeth picture looks more like Emma Watson than Kiera Knightly. Just a thought.

I thought so too!! I couldn't figure out who I thought it looked like, but yes, Hermione is the one wink.gif

Amazing, nonetheless though Rebekker!!! Your detail in Davy Jones is ridiculous!! biggrin.gif Nice work!!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jul 8 2008, 11:47 AM)
    Those are pretty awesome, although I think that the Elizabeth picture looks more like Emma Watson than Kiera Knightly. Just a thought.

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jul 8 2008, 07:58 PM)
    I thought so too!! I couldn't figure out who I thought it looked like, but yes, Hermione is the one wink.gif

Haha, It kinda does. That's not one of my best portrait drawings
  • I hate that that movie makes it hard to search for pics of Monkee Davy Jones without getting squidman Davy Jones. But me likes those drawings very much. The girl's face is lovely. Such good shadowing in both pics.
  • QUOTE (hensocks @ Jul 20 2008, 09:37 PM)

^^ woah, how do you do that with the shadowing?
  • QUOTE (hensocks @ Jul 20 2008, 11:37 PM)

Ms. Lena, you are quite the skilled sketcher!
  • QUOTE (hensocks @ Jul 21 2008, 12:37 AM)

wow, that's pretty good! Awesome job
  • hensocks! insanely rad!

i just watched the new indiana jones today... it wasn't that great... i suspect its due to the lack of connery.
  • Thanks everybody! biggrin.gif
    QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jul 20 2008, 11:20 PM)
    ^^ woah, how do you do that with the shadowing?

Lotsa time and looking at my DVD cover box. tongue.gif

QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jul 21 2008, 04:47 PM)
    i just watched the new indiana jones today... it wasn't that great... i suspect its due to the lack of connery.

I agree. The lack of connery was a sad loss.
    and the end was just a bit too out there for my tastes.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jul 21 2008, 04:47 PM)

QUOTE (hensocks @ Jul 22 2008, 10:44 PM)
    I agree. The lack of connery was a sad loss.

Off topic, but perhaps this will feed your need for Connery (my fav scene of any James Bond film):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1TmeBd9338
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jul 24 2008, 01:58 AM)
    Off topic, but perhaps this will feed your need for Connery (my fav scene of any James Bond film):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1TmeBd9338

laugh.gif I love that line...
    "Do you expect me to talk?"
    "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to DIE!"
  • hensocks and rebekker, omg- you're both amazing!
    I'm jealous of your skills.

I'm not an artist by any definition, but I made a few nonokgo animations this summer and this one's got the best nonokgo song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlS0znUr1C8