In this Discussion

are you an artist?

12345679»

Comments

• I haven't posted any photography here in a while, so I thought I'd share. 

• I'm bumping this thread because y'all are amazing artists and I want to see more! I used to draw when I was a kid (I also designed and set up elaborate tableax vivants, when drawing wouldn't cut it), but most physical forms of art went the way of the wind for me several years ago. Now I mostly write. Or attempt to write. Or avoid writing. Although I do still sometimes make things...my sister decoupages lighters or small containers for her friends as "I-know-and-love-you" gifts (one box she made is Capt. Kirk on the exterior and Thomas the Tank Engine inside, one lighter is Iggy Pop's torso from Raw Power), and I've started doing the same with USB drives lately just for fun.

I really wish I had a talent for visual art. It would make all of my humorous pieces and my mock rock graphic novels easier to convey. But mainly my contribution to visual and textile art is to offer my opinions and suggestions about, or just support of other peoples' work. Recently, I did get to help refine the design elements that went into an upcoming album cover (it's a clay golem costume and it's fantastic! I can't wait for the world to see it!), and this weekend I'm hoping to check out the proposed new T-shirt designs for the next leg of the Doolittle tour (for free, because the artists behind both of those projects are friends of mine. I only get paid when the creativity is mine, like when I do PR or something) . What was my point?

Oh yeah. Maybe it's the impending summer that's inspiring me (that or after 6 months, OTBCOTS has finally found its way into my DNA!), or maybe my brain is searching for a new direction and a new artistic community, but I'd love to see more. The people on this board are phenomenal. I can plainly see many of you are fearless with your creative expression (the video threads prove that!), and I think that's wonderful. Maybe I'm looking for a little more fearlessness in my life!

(Sorry for the ramble. Allergies, heat and headache are making sleep impossible this morning.)