In this Discussion

shut up and kiss me

Comments

That's awesome.

AGREED!!! I believe that qualifies as the definition of Stallowned!!

HAHAHAHA Lola that's brilliant!!!

Awww, shucks you guys, thanks!

Coffee has been postponed to next week and has transformed into dinner.

Now I'm REALLY freaked out.

Heeeelp!
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Oct 17 2007, 09:01 PM)
    Wolf, as tough as it is, this is not your responsibility. It sucks to be so close to someone and to feel like you should help. But you need to remember that it's separate from you. The most you can really do is listen and try not to get too frustrated.

I know. I did offer help, but he declined. I'm glad. He got help somewhere else. I'm glad.

His kid gets to see the ocean for the first time, and I'm not going to be banging my head over money I knew I shouldn't have parted with. It's all good for me.

QUOTE (LolaBert)
    Coffee has been postponed to next week and has transformed into dinner.

Now I'm REALLY freaked out.

Heeeelp!

A couple days before go play outside with a bunch of kids. Then don't wash your hands before you eat dinner. Maybe share a sucker with the kids, or at least a soda or something.

That should work.
  • AAHHHHHHHH I could've gone to lunch with him today!! Instead, I went to class like a good student. I did the right thing!...................... right?!
    YES.
  • Oh it was absolutely the right thing to do. Why is the right thing so hard to do sometimes? I'm proud of you.

Is this the guy you like? Make sure he knows you'd like to reschedule!!!
  • Sigh, yeah its the guy I like.
    I think we might be going sometime this weekend, but its going to be like in a small group of people (as it would have been had i gone to lunch), not a date or anything.
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't like me (AS USUAL), so I'm trying not to get all head over heels. However, I love hanging out with him even though its so bittersweet when I do.
    I know in all these situations its partially my fault that feelings are never reciprocated, but I'm just not a flirty type, and don't want to force anything - I want it to be natural, and I don't want to make the first move.
    Sigh, as I said, we might be going sometime this weekend *crossing fingers* so I'll let you all know how that goes.

Edit: We're going in about an hour! haha wooooo.

Edit 2: There's no potential for anything. I'll leave it at friendship (as always).
    A couple days before go play outside with a bunch of kids. Then don't wash your hands before you eat dinner. Maybe share a sucker with the kids, or at least a soda or something.

That should work.

Bahahaha! I likee that!

Sigh, yeah its the guy I like.
    I think we might be going sometime this weekend, but its going to be like in a small group of people (as it would have been had i gone to lunch), not a date or anything.
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't like me (AS USUAL), so I'm trying not to get all head over heels. However, I love hanging out with him even though its so bittersweet when I do.
    I know in all these situations its partially my fault that feelings are never reciprocated, but I'm just not a flirty type, and don't want to force anything - I want it to be natural, and I don't want to make the first move.
    Sigh, as I said, we might be going sometime this weekend *crossing fingers* so I'll let you all know how that goes.

Edit: We're going in about an hour! haha wooooo.

Edit 2: There's no potential for anything. I'll leave it at friendship (as always).

Oh no Ambie! That sucks sad.gif
    I'll send Imaginary!Paul over with some muffins shall I? *hugs*
  • So this is adorable. Friday, after we found out my dog has diabetes and I posted about how I was upset on MySpace, I got this text from the kid that I may like: "Are you ok, I just got on myspace?" and later he sent "so no being sad tears." Then last night (while I was at Homecoming, haha), he sent "How are you?" I told him "okay-ish" and he sent back "I feel so bad, I want to help, but there is nothing I can do."

So sweet. wub.gif
  • QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Oct 21 2007, 11:14 PM)
    So this is adorable. Friday, after we found out my dog has diabetes and I posted about how I was upset on MySpace, I got this text from the kid that I may like: "Are you ok, I just got on myspace?" and later he sent "so no being sad tears." Then last night (while I was at Homecoming, haha), he sent "How are you?" I told him "okay-ish" and he sent back "I feel so bad, I want to help, but there is nothing I can do."

So sweet. wub.gif

Awwww, that is so sweet!!!

And just to check, Krista - your dog isn't being put down, is he/she? Because diabetes is easy enough to treat... smile.gif
  • We don't know for sure yet. So far, she's been responding well to her insulin, it just comes down to a question of whether or not we can afford to keep treating her. We're having some really icky money issues right now.
  • Wow, I'm actually giving him advice on how to hit it off with the girl he's taking to his holiday party.

And I'm ok with it! happy.gif
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Nov 6 2007, 09:33 AM)
    Wow, I'm actually giving him advice on how to hit it off with the girl he's taking to his holiday party.

And I'm ok with it! happy.gif

Yay!! I'm glad you're over it dear smile.gif Seriously though, that's really good.

Uhh having a 21st birthday party at his house on Friday...
    It sucks because I think he is interested in someone else sad.gif Why does this always happen?
    I hope he doesn't hook up with her at the party like I think he might have done the last time he had a party at his house. By hooking up, I don't know what I'm implying.. I don't know how far they may or may not have gone. Either way, I'm pretty sure something happened.
    I hope he isn't a touchy feely drunk because then he'll be all touchy feely towards me too, and thats really bittersweet.. emphasis on the bitter, not so much sweet.
    Anyway, thats enough on him.
    Oh wait, anyone have any suggestions on what to bake him? He apparently doesn't like chocolate cupcakes.. thats all I know.
  • Umm... Pecan Pie? Cheesecake? yeah, Cheesecake!!!

And thank you. I'm really glad about it. Kind of surprised, but glad! biggrin.gif
  • Since everyone's kind of on edge, here's my favorite story from today:

In my Econometrics class, my professor is super sweet (which is partially why I'm taking econometrics 2 next semester). From time to time, he gets a little off-topic, which is great for us.
    Today, while explaining Newton's Method, he was sidetracked by the story of a young mathematician. This mathematician was a genius and only 20 years old. Due to something or another, he ended up in a duel over his love. The night before the duel, realizing he could very well be dead the next day, he wrote down all of his theories and ideas. The next day, as my professor put it, "he was a genius, but a terrible shot." So, people went to his house and found his notes. Amid all of these complex, revolutionary theories he had jotted down were doodles of his love's name in the margins or around his various equations.

AWWWWW

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Oct 18 2007, 02:10 AM)
    i like your last bet the best, tone wink.gif

Oh and I just lost the toonie again.

The bet? Whether or not badgers lived in the United States. Turns out that they do. Damn it badgers, I used to find you cute.

jk jk badgers; you're still cute.
  • Wooo, I dunno if anyone remembers the cute guy from the diabetic clinic where I work who said I was hot...? Well he's taking me out to dinner on saturday. His treat, apparently. Eeee I'm rather excited!
  • awww yayyyy!!!

hope you have fun electra!!

sooo

today was amazing because of this one boy :]

he is so much different then all the others. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Nov 15 2007, 05:44 PM)
    Wooo, I dunno if anyone remembers the cute guy from the diabetic clinic where I work who said I was hot...? Well he's taking me out to dinner on saturday. His treat, apparently. Eeee I'm rather excited!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! smile.gif at least someone is lucky in love wink.gif
  • So the boy I went to dinner with?
    Turned out to be a complete weirdo. And don't get me wrong, I love me some random, weird people - but this guy is just so...argh...cringeworthy.
    So I finally get a guy that's interested in me, that's great isn't it? Well, not when he turns out to want to make you THROW UP IN HIS FACE.
    Gah, I so want to erase that ... experience I just had with him. Horrifying.
  • lb... i hate awkward/weird dates as much as the next person, but your description of the situation really made me chuckle

*sigh* there is only ONE person that makes me all nervous and blush and i'm pretty sure he doesn't know that's the case. he's dumb. well, not really.
  • my love life can offically be classifiedy as 'alive' now!

a step up from 'dead'
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jan 17 2008, 10:12 PM)
    my love life can offically be classifiedy as 'alive' now!

a step up from 'dead'

this is wonderful news!

please explain!