In this Discussion

shut up and kiss me

Comments

• QUOTE (katieyellow @ Oct 15 2007, 11:39 PM)
    is this the one you were telling me about? wink.gif

Yeah, lol.

He's getting better.
    Said that red hair was sexy. Wooo!
  • Why am I only attractive to creepy old middle aged men w/ no money or prospects!? Where are all the 20 and 30 something normal/cute/Jewish boys! My greatest groupies are middle aged losers. mad.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Oct 15 2007, 02:59 PM)
    Eurgh. I hate cocky guys who say outright "I know I'm good looking, and smart, and brilliant. I know girls want me" and are right. And put all of their effort into annoying you as much as they can.

And yet you still find attractive. It shouldn't work like that!!

I know exactly what you mean.

My current boy annoyance: If he really likes me (certain people assure me he does), then why doesn't he just ask me out already? Gah, it's so frustrating.
  • Oh Krista. He's nervous!! Asking someone out is horrendously nerve wracking!! At least for some. I know it is for me. But if you're so sure he likes you, why don't you make the first move?

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 15 2007, 07:41 PM)
    Why am I only attractive to creepy old middle aged men w/ no money or prospects!? Where are all the 20 and 30 something normal/cute/Jewish boys! My greatest groupies are middle aged losers. mad.gif

I. HEAR. THIS!!!! They don't even have to be Jewish, or cute really. I'll be fine with "not butt-ugly." But normalish would be good. But all I get is twice my age, or gross or CREE-PY!!

I also have a tendency to be attracted to losers. Ya know, normal, close to my age losers. And I recognize it from the beginning, but that doesn't stop the attraction for some reason. My feelings are so illogical. If you followed my Tempe boy saga you know what I mean.

Now there's this guy I met here. He's got it together even less than the Tempe idio-- err. boy. But I find myself thinking of him more and more. Why do I do this to myself.

Just get me drunk, I'll tell you way more about him than you ever wanted to know. Oh, but I can't, cause I fucked up my laptop last time I was drunk. mad.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Oct 15 2007, 06:54 PM)
    Said that red hair was sexy. Wooo!

That's a plus my dear wink.gif It's not that uncommon here though, in the States. Most boys I've met LOOOOVE redheads... we're firey/feisty wink.gif Which, you and I both know is true.

Anywho...

I'll never figure out the logic some guys use, I really won't.
  • Guys, I know what you mean - I'm so sick of losers. Oy!

And Katie - in England, red hair means you get teased, not admired.
    Except by 40-something year old women.
    But I think that's slowly changing, yay!
  • Is it possible for a boy to ask you to coffee and only want to be friends?
    I sure hope so.

I'm really nervous about this today....

Eurgh. I hate cocky guys who say outright "I know I'm good looking, and smart, and brilliant. I know girls want me" and are right. And put all of their effort into annoying you as much as they can.

And yet you still find attractive. It shouldn't work like that!!!

Dude. Dude. I so know what you mean.
    True story: I once went to school with one of these guys who pretty much made my life hell for the past 12 years of my schooling time. In our last year, when he was trying to talk to me, pretending to ask me out in front of his friends to ostensibly humiliate me, I turned to him and said in the flattest voice I could manage without breaking "your arrogance repulses me" and left. Christ, that felt good.
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Oct 16 2007, 07:15 AM)
    Oh Krista. He's nervous!! Asking someone out is horrendously nerve wracking!! At least for some. I know it is for me. But if you're so sure he likes you, why don't you make the first move?

Yeah, I know. I was incredibly nervous back when I thought I might have to ask someone to Homecoming, so I totally understand his position. It just sucks, you know? My plan is to wait for sadie's and ask him to that if nothing has happened by then.

QUOTE (LolaBert @ Oct 16 2007, 03:32 PM)
    True story: I once went to school with one of these guys who pretty much made my life hell for the past 12 years of my schooling time. In our last year, when he was trying to talk to me, pretending to ask me out in front of his friends to ostensibly humiliate me, I turned to him and said in the flattest voice I could manage without breaking "your arrogance repulses me" and left. Christ, that felt good.

That's awesome. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Oct 16 2007, 05:32 PM)

QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Oct 16 2007, 07:26 PM)
    That's awesome. laugh.gif

AGREED!!! I believe that qualifies as the definition of Stallowned!!

• HAHAHAHA Lola that's brilliant!!!

I did something similar to a teacher once. He's so lovely to me now tongue.gif
  • there's a mind blowing amazingling hot guy at my college (and he's the president of the studets association). Yesterday the guy was at the coffe machine at the same time as me...what a vision!! AND he's nice, he smilled and said "hi" even though hee barely knew me laugh.gif what a hottie...

I just hoooooope so bad that tomorrow he won't be one of the judges that's going to see me sing...i couldn't bare it
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 in her stupidly stupid drunkness @ Oct 12 2007, 09:48 PM)
    I think it's that he thinks he's taking his daughter to show in Mexico. It's Oct. 20th. I'm not going; I haven't paid off Vegas yet. But he's driving. he's driving his car that he got pulled over in a week ago because his head light is busted. yeah, the federales are going to be okay with that.... sure. He has the time off work, he says he's driving, but he has no place to stay... with his 6 year old daughter... the concert is in 8 days. Good fucking luck dude.

Well he found a place to stay. 2 places actually, someone offered to let him stay with him, and he also found a cheap motel for the night. And he's posting how excited his daughter is and she made a calendar and put it on the fridge and all that jazz.

Well some of his checks got stolen and now there's a hold on his account. So he effectively has no money. Or he has it he just can't get to it. I'm not real sure what's going on. But I'm pretty sure he can't go.

So why am I going to offer him a loan? That's fucking stupid right?? Like hard core retarded??
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Oct 17 2007, 12:43 PM)
    So why am I going to offer him a loan? That's fucking stupid right?? Like hard core retarded??

Half of me wants to say, well, he seems trustworthy and sweet, b/c otherwise you wouldn't care abuot him, even if he hasn't been ideal.
    The other half of me wants to say, "No! Never put money into the friendship/love equation!"
  • There's no love in the equation. It might've been going down that road at one point, but it most certainly is not.

It's not so much for him. If it was just him going I would laugh at him right now. It's the little girl. I know how pissed off I was when I had to cancel my vacation and I was 24. She's 6, I don't want her to have to go through that dissappointment because her dad can't keep track of his checks.

I made the offer, but I made it very very clear that I would absolutely have to have the money back by the end of the month.

Ahh... he wrote back... load you stupid email, load!!!!

Ok, he's going to ask her gramma for the money. Cool. I knew that was dumb, but I just did it anyway. Story of my dumb life really.
  • Aw, that was very sweet of you to think of her! You're so nice!
    All's well that ends well, I guess.
  • Yeah, that poor girl doesn't have a chance.

I want to kidnap her and teach her how to read!!!
  • Wow, I guess the bank's not being terribly helpful. They're not going to give him provisional credit for the money stolen from him, and he had 3 checks out that are going to bounce. So that's like a minimum $20 fee from the bank, and then whatever the payees charge.

He's freaking screwed.
  • Ugh, poor guy! I hope he can find a way out of that mess soon. He could try those debt-consolidating companies that are all over the tv? But I don't know if that would even apply here.
  • Wolf, as tough as it is, this is not your responsibility. It sucks to be so close to someone and to feel like you should help. But you need to remember that it's separate from you. The most you can really do is listen and try not to get too frustrated.

My boyfriend and I make stupid bets. All the time. So much so that it's our running thing to "bet a toonie" on whatever. We managed to keep passing back and forth the same toonie too. As of now, it's in my possession. The line of bets goes as follows (as far as I can remember):

Betting on the cost of going to NYU for a semester (He wins)
    Betting on which city is more expensive to live in: Paris or New York (I win)
    Betting on who will get to 100 first in a midnight game of Scrabble (He wins)
    Betting on whether or not rhythmic gymnasts can throw their baton-things into the air while performing (I win)
  • i like your last bet the best, tone wink.gif

i haven't talked to, or seen the boy i like in about a week. which is kind of good b/c the last "exchange" of texts we had was a BIT awkward... mostly because he was "looking for a place to crash" when all his best friends are my neighbors... and i didn't get it til' the next morning but, all our talks and whatnot seem to always be drunken. THAT needs to stop. Seriously.