In this Discussion

shut up and kiss me

Comments

• QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 28 2007, 02:40 PM)
    After not hearing the boy's voice for 10 days (due to his Norway excursion), I get a call and our first topic of conversation after the "I'm glad to hear your voice!" comments: poop and its regularity.

For some reason, it just made me happy.

What does one get one's boyfriend for his birthday?
    So far, I have: 1) a metal detector that should be on its way to his P.O. Box as I type, 2) a music box-ish thing (that plays Yellow Submarine since it's always stuck in his head) 3) I need to get boxes of Le Petit Ecolier chocolates since it's his favorite. I'm just going to put them all near the bed so when he wakes up, they're there and we can lounge and munch on them. 4) Another mix CD?

The problem is that his gifts to me are always so... perfect (example: the copy of "The Princess Bride" [novel, not movie] coming for me in the mail). It's tough to match.

DREAD PIRATE ROBERTS 4EVA

P.S.
    God: it honestly sounds like he's not even worth it. Unless she's drugging him with scopolomine, she seems to be a pretty bad reflection of him.

Oh you're completely right, I'm just an idiot.

Medanwhile the the metal detector sounds awesome. I want a metal detector. Where does one get one of those?
  • Amazon.com obviously! I got one for about $20 which had some good reviews. I'm hoping it works alright. If not: I'lljust pretend it works and make beeping noises when he uses it on the beach.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 28 2007, 11:11 PM)
    Amazon.com obviously! I got one for about $20 which had some good reviews. I'm hoping it works alright. If not: I'lljust pretend it works and make beeping noises when he uses it on the beach.

Of course! how could I ask such a stupid question.

Oh Amazon.com <3 How I love you for importing me all the shit I can't get in this country, including but not limited to OK Go.

Are you going to bury crap in the sand for him to find? Maybe if you're lucky a police officer will try and pick you up for littering and you can get him on the fun, too.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 25 2007, 11:08 AM)
    Spooning is the bomb. You enjoy your spooning.

I realize I'm a little late on this one but... I agree. I love cuddling more than anything.. especially when it's cold smile.gif

ohhh boys. wolfie... how are you holding up?
  • Well, I texted from the show Saturday night. I was pretty drunk and didn't have the sense not to. It was just about the band though, nothing personal. He never replied thank God.

I do wonder how he's doing though. Considering how he was when I left... it can't be good. I can't put myself back into that situation again, but my curiosity is rampant. I've contemplated emailing him, but I haven't and probably won't.
  • Aww, he just posted a myspace bulletin looking for a roommate again. This summer he had a roommate and two jobs and was barely getting by. Well he lost his second job (they started closing earlier eliminating his shift) and then this month his roommate moved out. He insisted that he could just barely make it. Which means he probably did his budget and forgot something like gas, or the fact that his kid needs things like a halloween costume and such.

And the whole time I'm thinking "Dude!! You were barely making it when you had these 2 other sources of income, how do you think you can barely make it now." Which I of course did not say cause he's a big boy right? He needs a friend, not a mother. But it's just so hard not to when he consistently makes bad choices like that.

See this is why i can't talk to him. If I get this annoyed over a freaking myspace bulletin.

mleh.
  • Wolfie, listen to your own advice, he isn't a little kid, he knows what he's doing, and maybe he's one of those people that need to figure things out on their own, and no matter what someone tells them, they won't figure it out until they do it on their own (that was a lot of commas, sorry about that).

Seriously though, I understand you're concerned for him, but if he isn't going to treat you with the respect that you deserve, then don't fret over him so much.

I know its hard, so good luck dear, and stay strong!

And the saga continues for my dilemma.. there doesn't seem to be a decent guy in all of UCSD.
    I think as much as I want a relationship, I also just want some guy friends.. I don't really have any at school.. and guy friends can be fun and just sort of lighten the mood you know..
  • Listen to Amber, Wolfie. She's so right. In fact, my brother's going through something almost similar. He just won't learn things unless he experiences them himself. And he's got a lot of experiencing to do. If you ever really need to email the guy or something, try just typing it all out and either posting it here or deleting it or something. Hopefully that'll help. It always does for me. smile.gif

I think as much as I want a relationship, I also just want some guy friends.. I don't really have any at school.. and guy friends can be fun and just sort of lighten the mood you know..

Ditto. I think I have only one real guy friend. Which sucks, because it's a lot easier to get into a relationship-y place if you're friends first. And just hanging out with all girls all the time can get annoying, know what I mean?

In other news, the guy I really wanted to go to Homecoming with told us yesterday that he was going to ask somebody else. *le sad* I'm telling myself it's okay, though, because I have a date now too. Which is great, but...still. Oh well, hopefully things won't work out with this other girl. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Sep 29 2007, 11:09 PM)
    Ditto. I think I have only one real guy friend. Which sucks, because it's a lot easier to get into a relationship-y place if you're friends first. And just hanging out with all girls all the time can get annoying, know what I mean?
    In other news, the guy I really wanted to go to Homecoming with told us yesterday that he was going to ask somebody else. *le sad* I'm telling myself it's okay, though, because I have a date now too. Which is great, but...still. Oh well, hopefully things won't work out with this other girl. tongue.gif

Aw sad.gif
    Well at least this is only homecoming, the first dance of the year..
    Hopefully by the time Winter Formal and Prom roll around he won't want to go with her to those, and he'll go with you instead!

Unfortunately, I have a few guy friends at uni, but none of them are close.. they aren't quite acquaintances, but they aren't people I hang out with all the time either. So yeah, it sucks.
  • I know I know. And I am taking my advice, but I still worry. I guess that will fade with time.
    But the thing about this guy is he DOESN'T learn from his mistakes. He does the same stupid shit over and over again. Which I guess I can relate to in way.
    I'm fine with it all really. I've moved on to feeling guilty in my sexy dreams about my married boss. laugh.gif
    That could've been such a great dream.

I'm glad you have a date Krista. And I totally understand being sad about the other guy asking someone else, but if he asked you now, would you ditch the other guy?? i mean I totally understand the other guy thing, but what do you do at that point ya know? Never been in that situation; I guess you're not either. Maybe that's a good thing.

and Amber (Ambaaaah laugh.gif ) I wish I knew what to tell you. I'm horrible at making friends. sad.gif
  • Good job wolfie!!
    I'm proud of you!
    smile.gif

I'm not too good at making friends either. I suck at small talk, and I generally get nervous around guys, even if I'm not attracted to them.. strange, I know.
  • If he did ask me now, Wolfie, I'd have to say no. I really don't think I could do that to my date. He's too nice of a guy. I'd just say something like "I really wish I could say yes, but I've got another date now. If things were different I'd definitely go with you." That would cover all my bases, if you catch my drift. Hehe.

Hopefully by the time Winter Formal and Prom roll around he won't want to go with her to those, and he'll go with you instead!

Dude. We don't even have a Winter Formal. How much does that suck? We've just got Homecoming, Sadie's, and Prom. Which is enough, I suppose, but I've always wanted a formal dance in winter. Of course...my image of that includes snow, and it doesn't snow here...So I suppose it doesn't matter either way. tongue.gif
  • I just found out that the kid that I've liked for awhile now has a girlfriend sad.gif

Me and some of my friends were hanging out with him and his friends yesterday. And when they all showed up, she was with them and we were all like "who is that?" And then he introduced us to her, and it was his girlfriend. She goes to another school and like none of us have ever met her. And they were all over eachother. Not like extremely, but enough. It was quite depressing sad.gif

And we all thought she was kinda weird. They just don't seem like they fit together, ya know? O man. Damnit!
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Sep 30 2007, 01:56 AM)
    And the saga continues for my dilemma.. there doesn't seem to be a decent guy in all of UCSD.

I find it's kind of difficult to make good guy friends when you get to college... I'm a senior, so I've had some time (I'm not sure how old you are Ambs) but most of my guy friends, I have thanks to the manthrax that was in my life... so, basically, all he was good for, was the great boys I'm friends with today. When I spent time with him, I got to spend more time with his buddies, and I think thats why he never saw me as a "real girlfriend" because I was always just "one of the guys" which has its perks, but it also kinda sucks. However, my only advice to meeting fellas at school, is, meeting them in class by asking for notes/study buddy, or unfortunately, at the bar sad.gif BUT!!! I lied, I have a lot of great guy friends from work... and I work in retail. smile.gif

QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Sep 30 2007, 02:09 AM)

Awww! What a bummer!! But then, as, I believe Wolfie said, what would you do if he DID ask you now? And I'm glad you wouldn't ditch your other date... so you MAY get another chance with the other dances!! Sadies... that's all in YOUR hands smile.gif and well, prom. Is a HUGE deal... haha so you never know wink.gif But you're going to have so much fun smile.gif dates w/ big groups of friends is awesome!

QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Sep 30 2007, 03:34 AM)
    I know I know. And I am taking my advice, but I still worry. I guess that will fade with time.

It will. I promise. Shawn, guy I mentioned above about helping me find some great guy friends... I slowly care less and less about him, and while that's a bit harsh, I'm SOOOO fucking glad.
  • QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Sep 30 2007, 10:50 AM)
    Dude. We don't even have a Winter Formal. How much does that suck? We've just got Homecoming, Sadie's, and Prom. Which is enough, I suppose, but I've always wanted a formal dance in winter. Of course...my image of that includes snow, and it doesn't snow here...So I suppose it doesn't matter either way. tongue.gif

How strange! At least you save money?
    I know, it doesn't snow here either, so winter formals were never that wintery at all haha.
    Where do you live?

QUOTE (porifera @ Sep 30 2007, 11:20 AM)
    I just found out that the kid that I've liked for awhile now has a girlfriend sad.gif

Me and some of my friends were hanging out with him and his friends yesterday. And when they all showed up, she was with them and we were all like "who is that?" And then he introduced us to her, and it was his girlfriend. She goes to another school and like none of us have ever met her. And they were all over eachother. Not like extremely, but enough. It was quite depressing sad.gif

And we all thought she was kinda weird. They just don't seem like they fit together, ya know? O man. Damnit!

sad.gif I hate when that happens!! They don't seem to make a good couple, but you can't really say anything either. Ugh.

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Sep 30 2007, 02:19 PM)
    I find it's kind of difficult to make good guy friends when you get to college... I'm a senior, so I've had some time (I'm not sure how old you are Ambs) but most of my guy friends, I have thanks to the manthrax that was in my life... so, basically, all he was good for, was the great boys I'm friends with today. When I spent time with him, I got to spend more time with his buddies, and I think thats why he never saw me as a "real girlfriend" because I was always just "one of the guys" which has its perks, but it also kinda sucks. However, my only advice to meeting fellas at school, is, meeting them in class by asking for notes/study buddy, or unfortunately, at the bar sad.gif BUT!!! I lied, I have a lot of great guy friends from work... and I work in retail. smile.gif

Hmm yeah that makes sense. (I'm a second year by the way). Unfortunately, I'm not 21, so I can't go to a bar, but I'm not sure if that would even be my type of scene you know.. I think I'm more of a coffee shop girl haha.
    I don't know, I'm hoping I meet some through student orgs and such, and that they aren't complete douchebags, because uni seems to be full of douches.
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Sep 30 2007, 05:31 PM)
    Where do you live?

Southern Nevada
  • Ugh. I like her, and I'm pretty damn sure she likes me too, but I'm afraid that if we go out it will ruin the friendship and we're going to a concert in November as friends and I don't want to ask her out or anything yet in case we break up before the concert 'cause then it will be all awkward at the concert.

Fuck, I hate being 15.
  • lol, don't worry. You're only 15 for a year.
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Sep 30 2007, 08:31 PM)
    Hmm yeah that makes sense. (I'm a second year by the way). Unfortunately, I'm not 21, so I can't go to a bar, but I'm not sure if that would even be my type of scene you know.. I think I'm more of a coffee shop girl haha.
    I don't know, I'm hoping I meet some through student orgs and such, and that they aren't complete douchebags, because uni seems to be full of douches.

I couldn't remember how old you were, but I was pretty sure you weren't 21 yet... and I will agree, meeting boys at the bar isn't really my scene either. But seriously, every once in a great while, you do meet a nice boy there... the key is getting them to remember who you are after you exchange numbers wink.gif

QUOTE (God @ Oct 1 2007, 01:09 PM)
    lol, don't worry. You're only 15 for a year.

It's true. And thank God (haha) for that

the boy i like works at the most popular bar in my town... it has its ups and downs... he's let me in before without having to pay cover (so nice of him) and every time I see him walking around cleaning shit up, he always nods or smiles at me. i get a wave if his hands aren't full of empty cups and pitchers... problem is... i think he's afraid of girls... he'll be 22 in nov, so he's been around the bar scene for awhile, and everytime i see him out, when he's not working he's surrounded by dudes and a few girls... and everytime he's talking to one, he just looks awkward, it's totally hilarious and kind of cute... he's even bought me drinks at the bar too... i dunno where i'm going with this buuuuut. yes. i've had a giant crush on him for over a year... he's good friends with my neighbors and he basically lives there.... so, living next to 6 boys DOES have its up sides haha
  • QUOTE (giggleguy @ Oct 1 2007, 06:25 AM)
    Ugh. I like her, and I'm pretty damn sure she likes me too, but I'm afraid that if we go out it will ruin the friendship and we're going to a concert in November as friends and I don't want to ask her out or anything yet in case we break up before the concert 'cause then it will be all awkward at the concert.

Fuck, I hate being 15.

sad.gif Sorry Emmett (damn I spelled your name wrong again, two Ms? two Ts? argghh)
    At least your sensible about the situation and are thinking rationally.
    I guess just hold out and see how things ago, and maybe after the concert if you think you've got a decent shot, you can ask her out?
    At least she most likely feels the same way, and you two are already good friends - things could be much worse.

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Oct 1 2007, 10:16 PM)
    I couldn't remember how old you were, but I was pretty sure you weren't 21 yet... and I will agree, meeting boys at the bar isn't really my scene either. But seriously, every once in a great while, you do meet a nice boy there... the key is getting them to remember who you are after you exchange numbers wink.gif
    It's true. And thank God (haha) for that
    the boy i like works at the most popular bar in my town... it has its ups and downs... he's let me in before without having to pay cover (so nice of him) and every time I see him walking around cleaning shit up, he always nods or smiles at me. i get a wave if his hands aren't full of empty cups and pitchers... problem is... i think he's afraid of girls... he'll be 22 in nov, so he's been around the bar scene for awhile, and everytime i see him out, when he's not working he's surrounded by dudes and a few girls... and everytime he's talking to one, he just looks awkward, it's totally hilarious and kind of cute... he's even bought me drinks at the bar too... i dunno where i'm going with this buuuuut. yes. i've had a giant crush on him for over a year... he's good friends with my neighbors and he basically lives there.... so, living next to 6 boys DOES have its up sides haha

Ohhh snap!
    Make a move Katie!!!!
    haha jk jk, but you should consider it?
    I'm not very good with relationship advice, but it seems like there's a possibility for something here, so maybe try dropping hints and such first? I don't really know..

I found two cute guys today! In a student org I joined! Hmm maybe I'll bump that school thread. Ah, that was a good ending to an uber long day.