In this Discussion

shut up and kiss me

Comments

• QUOTE (amberdino @ Oct 2 2007, 03:37 PM)
    sad.gif Sorry Emmett (damn I spelled your name wrong again, two Ms? two Ts? argghh)
    At least your sensible about the situation and are thinking rationally.
    I guess just hold out and see how things ago, and maybe after the concert if you think you've got a decent shot, you can ask her out?
    At least she most likely feels the same way, and you two are already good friends - things could be much worse.
    Ohhh snap!

Thanks, I guess, and you spelled my name right, lol
    I don't know, I'm hoping I meet some through student orgs and such, and that they aren't complete douchebags, because uni seems to be full of douches.

I'll ten-four with you on that. God, I can't believe the amount of complete idiots I meet there day in and day out.
  • QUOTE ("some idiot I know")
    fuck
    i really didn't want to get a second job
    but it's looking like i have to image

Well gee. I could've told you that 2 months ago.

I really wish we didn't share a board (even if it does have kick ass smilies)
    At least I'm not the poor schmuck who shares a kid with him... She's a horrid bitch though, she deserves worse.
  • sleep.gif
    This guy seems like he doesn't think rationally 95% of the time.
    I don't where that came from. I'm tired.
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Oct 2 2007, 08:03 PM)
    I don't where that came from. I'm tired.

Yeah, that's giving him a lot of credit!

Mean, but true.

*Sigh* I wish I didn't have this animosity for him. He really needs a friend.
    Can't do it.. sad.gif
  • The guy that I am pretty much in love with started going out with one of my friends a few weeks ago... Which you know, sucks, cos I have to see them all the time... But nobody knew I liked him so its my fault /sadness
  • Good news. The guy who I am unfortunately not going to Homecoming with (and he shall henceforth be referred to as Big since I love Sex and the City tongue.gif) is giving me a ride to the SATs on Saturday. Yay. biggrin.gif
  • yeaaaaah I think I'm starting to like him. sleep.gif
  • I have this problem with guys...
    when i get to meet them and we start like hanging out together and spending quality time this always ends up as "wow you're the best friend i've ever had..." and then goes to "what do you think of me making a move on that girl??". dry.gif i'm always the good friend, the one they call in the middle of the night whe they're depressed because some bitch ditched them or hurted they're feelings.
    And then i listen to stuff like this "Mia how come you haven't had any boyfriend for more than a year?you're great in many ways" the question that i never asked but really should is "why didn't EVER consider the chance that i could be YOUR girlfriend if you think i'm so awesome?"
    others say something like "Mia's one of the guys laugh.gif " (meaning they liked to go out with me and hang around and stuff...) which almost made me cry and think "but i put make up on everyday AND wash my hair and i'm a girlie girl!!!!!!!!".

Am I that much of a freak?? sad.gif
  • Mia... I'm in the same boat as you... My only advice is to keep doing what you're doing. You are NOT a freak... guys like a girl they can hang with, and I'm happy with being that until someone comes along and not only enjoys my company as a friend, but a GIRLfriend as well... It's completely frustrating, I know, and I've been in this position for as long as I can remember... It's okay though... you make a lot of really good guy friends in the process, and who knows what the future holds? smile.gif

On another note... boy I mentioned earlier on this page called AND texted me last night looking for "a place to crash" after the bar... my neighbors, his best friends, where he ALWAYS sleeps... wasn't good enough? too bad 10 mintues prior i CASHED out and was dead to the world by 3am... yes, he called at 3... i'm mad. ARRRGH
  • yeah katie i know that it's not all bad...at least i have lots of fun with the friends i make wink.gif thank's for the conforting words sweetie wink.gif
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Oct 12 2007, 02:19 AM)
    I have this problem with guys...
    when i get to meet them and we start like hanging out together and spending quality time this always ends up as "wow you're the best friend i've ever had..." and then goes to "what do you think of me making a move on that girl??". dry.gif i'm always the good friend, the one they call in the middle of the night whe they're depressed because some bitch ditched them or hurted they're feelings.
    And then i listen to stuff like this "Mia how come you haven't had any boyfriend for more than a year?you're great in many ways" the question that i never asked but really should is "why didn't EVER consider the chance that i could be YOUR girlfriend if you think i'm so awesome?"
    others say something like "Mia's one of the guys laugh.gif " (meaning they liked to go out with me and hang around and stuff...) which almost made me cry and think "but i put make up on everyday AND wash my hair and i'm a girlie girl!!!!!!!!".

Am I that much of a freak?? sad.gif

Aw Mia, I totally understand what you mean as well. I somehow end up in the "friend" category unintentionally as well, and I'm definitely girlie too. I know how heartbreaking it is to listen to the guy vent about his relationship troubles and all that and you're thinking, well if you would go out with me you wouldn't have all these issues, but at the same time you can't blow them off either because you're a good friend and you'll always be there to support them and such. Sigh, yeah its a really frustrating position to be in.
    I think my problem is that I usually start to like someone I'm friends with, but I don't have the courage to be flirty or try to show that I'm interested in them as more than friends. I'm realistic, so I'm like.. well I'm pretty sure they don't like me, so why would I set myself up for rejection, and then afterwards it would be awkward too. So, instead I just be their good friend and wish I were something more.
    Sigh, why is this so difficult?!?

Sorry, that wasn't very comforting or anything.. but all of this gets me worked up as well.
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Oct 12 2007, 01:05 PM)
    yeah katie i know that it's not all bad...at least i have lots of fun with the friends i make wink.gif thank's for the conforting words sweetie wink.gif

haha i try... i've been "that friend" seriously since high school, and i'm a senior in college now and i'm still the same person to all the boys in my life. it's silly, but fun. i wasn't implying you were complaining, but it's just something you'll come to accept someday wink.gif i swear
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Oct 12 2007, 06:53 PM)
    Aw Mia, I totally understand what you mean as well. I somehow end up in the "friend" category unintentionally as well, and I'm definitely girlie too. I know how heartbreaking it is to listen to the guy vent about his relationship troubles and all that and you're thinking, well if you would go out with me you wouldn't have all these issues, but at the same time you can't blow them off either because you're a good friend and you'll always be there to support them and such. Sigh, yeah its a really frustrating position to be in.
    I think my problem is that I usually start to like someone I'm friends with, but I don't have the courage to be flirty or try to show that I'm interested in them as more than friends. I'm realistic, so I'm like.. well I'm pretty sure they don't like me, so why would I set myself up for rejection, and then afterwards it would be awkward too. So, instead I just be their good friend and wish I were something more.
    Sigh, why is this so difficult?!?

Sorry, that wasn't very comforting or anything.. but all of this gets me worked up as well.

it's always conforting to see that there's also someone out there that just like me, puts on an extra splash of perfume when she goes out with THAT friend and never gets more then confessions about other relationships...

thank you Ambie wink.gif

the tough thing about everything nowadays is that no matter how hard you try to keep your self esteem up and think that you're actually not that bad, you'll always see that hot chick has started dating the guy you liked. And puuuuuuuuuuuuuf there goes the self esteem...(and i eat chocolate...damned callories...)
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Oct 12 2007, 04:13 PM)
    it's always conforting to see that there's also someone out there that just like me, puts on an extra splash of perfume when she goes out with THAT friend and never gets more then confessions about other relationships...

thank you Ambie wink.gif

the tough thing about everything nowadays is that no matter how hard you try to keep your self esteem up and think that you're actually not that bad, you'll always see that hot chick has started dating the guy you liked. And puuuuuuuuuuuuuf there goes the self esteem...(and i eat chocolate...damned callories...)

Hahahah omg Mia I laughed so hard when I read the first line, because I seriously do that.. I'm like ohh he's gonna be there eh? Time for my favorite perfume! And then yeah nothing ugh.
    I definitely try to keep my self esteem up too, but just like you, the efforts seem futile. I really don't think i'm THAT bad you know, but I guess I somehow unintentionally emanate that I'm not girlfriend material.

Ohhh well, hopefully something will work out for us.
  • So I screwed up and replied to one of his myspace bulletins. I made a stupid joke in response to a stupid joke he made and it went from there. It went on on myspace for a few days. But it was cool. Kept it to myspace and I can't get on myspace at work so it wasn't like we were talking all day long like before.

Well then he emails me. He'd let slip that he was making me a cook book for my birthday, cause I was always asking him for recipes and stuff cause he's a really good cook, and I'm pitiful. So my birthday was at the end of August. I expected to get the cook book when I was at his house before the Vegas trip because that was like 3 days after my birthday. Well that came and went and I was wondering and at some point before I quit talking to him I asked him about it and he said he'd written one out but it was crappy (duh) and he didn't wanna give me crap so he was working on it and typing it up and trying out recipes with his daughter and stuff. So we're myspacing and he tells me he's still working on it. He didn't want me to think he'd forgotten. And I admitted I did think he'd forgotten or just didn't care anymore. He replies that he does care and that's why I didn't have it already because he wanted to be special and meaningful. And I'm kinda thinking, well it's a month and a half too late for that!!! But anyway. He emails it to me. At this point I think he's gotten a binder and decorated it because he made such a big deal about telling me how it's special and all that, but no. He just emails me the file.

Ok this guy is notorious for his spelling mistakes. And it's not that he doesn't know how to spell, he just doesn't know how to type. He just kinda bangs at the keyboard and doesn't bother to correct his mistakes. So in the damn cookbook he goes on about how he used spell check and shit cause it's special right? But the file totally has mistakes like "pre heart over to 350" So yeah, he used spell check, but he didn't proof read it at all!! So whatever.

Ok what's my point. Oh yeah, he emails me the cookbook, and we start talking again via email. all day long, but with 1-2 hours between emails (at the height of it it was 6-7 minutes!!) and that goes on a few days. And he bitches about baby momma like he alwasy does (she's a huge fucking vindictive bitch) He's supposed to watch her so momma can go out with boyfriend on birthday and he asks momma to watch her earlier in the week so he can work overtime, but she says no she has to study, but she finally gives in (aren't midterms over??) and he thinks that she's realized that she needs to step up and do her part, and i tell him that she probably realizes that if he works overtime that's less money for the kid she has to spend, but he says she figured out she needs to do her part and I tell him i think that's naive.

Yeah, he didn't respond to that one.

So now I'm drunk... not that that has anything to do with him, but it does have to do with the length and coherence of this post.

Well, my favorite band, Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers plays a concert in Mexico twice a year (incidentally I met him through their message board) and it's next weekend. They've been doing this for... Geez, 7 years now?? The first was in 2000 or 2001. Anyway, every time he says he's going to go, but he never does. The first one his daughter was due like the week after, and after that, well the momma's a vindictive bitch, and finances and such. So he says everytime he's going and he never does. So finally in May he makes it. I was going down and renting a car and a condo anyway, so I told the dude, these are my plans, you're welcome to tag along. My trip was in no way dependent on him. i was doing it anyway, if he showed up. Sweet, I had company, if not? Oh well, trip continues as planned. So time comes, I'm on the plane, he calls me, he's going, then he's not going cause momma won't watch her, then he is going ahhhh!!! Well he goes. We hook up... whatever.

God I'm off topic again. what is my point.

I think it's that he thinks he's taking his daughter to show in Mexico. It's Oct. 20th. I'm not going; I haven't paid off Vegas yet. But he's driving. he's driving his car that he got pulled over in a week ago because his head light is busted. yeah, the federales are going to be okay with that.... sure. He has the time off work, he says he's driving, but he has no place to stay... with his 6 year old daughter... the concert is in 8 days. Good fucking luck dude.

I dunno. i hope he does make it... I hope he doesn't. That's bad isn't it?? I dunno. I wish I were going so I could give his daughter a place to stay. I know she's pumped as hell about it. he posted for a place to stay like 3 days ago, no one responded. It's 8 days away. She's going to be crushed if she doesn't go.

At any rate, I called him naive and he didn't respond. So I'm off the hook talking to him. The rest I caught through the board... I need to leave that board. Soo addicted...

Sooo drunk....
  • wolf...can i say, so in love? (will you kill me for that?hope not... huh.gif )

that's an awfully complicated "relationship" isn't it?jeez i hate when guys are so complicated, WE are supposed to be complicated, THEY are supposed to be clear as water...

why is everything so damned complicated?
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Oct 13 2007, 12:35 AM)
    Hahahah omg Mia I laughed so hard when I read the first line, because I seriously do that.. I'm like ohh he's gonna be there eh? Time for my favorite perfume! And then yeah nothing ugh.
    I definitely try to keep my self esteem up too, but just like you, the efforts seem futile. I really don't think i'm THAT bad you know, but I guess I somehow unintentionally emanate that I'm not girlfriend material.

Ohhh well, hopefully something will work out for us.

we have to have confidence that we're the kind of girl that when gets a guy, is a really awesome one, because we'll love us for our amazing character and strenght (yeha i do read way too romances laugh.gif )
  • Eurgh. I hate cocky guys who say outright "I know I'm good looking, and smart, and brilliant. I know girls want me" and are right. And put all of their effort into annoying you as much as they can.

And yet you still find attractive. It shouldn't work like that!!!

AND he's got a girlfriend.
    And just asked for my number.

GRRRRRRRRRR
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Oct 15 2007, 05:59 PM)
    Eurgh. I hate cocky guys who say outright "I know I'm good looking, and smart, and brilliant. I know girls want me" and are right. And put all of their effort into annoying you as much as they can.

And yet you still find attractive. It shouldn't work like that!!!

AND he's got a girlfriend.
    And just asked for my number.

GRRRRRRRRRR

is this the one you were telling me about? wink.gif