In this Discussion

shut up and kiss me

Comments

• ewh... aren't guys supposed to be all manly and not-intimidated?

in other news, canadians are yummy. And I totally sketched my friend out when she found out I thought her (canadian) friend was yummy. not really a problem, but I thought it was funny.
  • w00t! im canadian! and manly and butch, go me! this thread makes me sad... this is the last time ill read this! sleep.gif <<<< that face is me being smug. cause i dont think im smug enough... its a shame really.
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Apr 25 2007, 09:27 PM)
    sleep.gif <<<< that face is me being smug. cause i dont think im smug enough... its a shame really.

You could always change you screen name to "smugness" but that doesn't really suit you. Canadians don't do smug do they?
  • we can smug!
  • instead of smug, how bout a hug?

...Help, Barney the Dinosaur has invaded my brain. Time to set the self-destruct button!
  • hugs not drugs!
  • drugs to kill bugs!

then hugs....once the bugs are gone
  • QUOTE (CrashAndBurn @ Apr 25 2007, 12:35 PM)
    huh.gif huh.gif
    Most of the guys that i talk to all told me at first that they were intimidated by me, which i dont even get they all are like 6 ft tall and i'm only 5"8 . I think i'm pretty approachable I may keep to myself and not talk to anyone that much but i dont see the problem

I get told that. I'm short, so I know it's not a physical thing (though when guys piss me off, they do tend to cover their balls, just in case...). Perhaps it's just that you're a confident person. That's what I've been told - I'm very confident and self-assured, and I once intimidated a guy at a job interview because of it. I think it's brilliant biggrin.gif
    ewh... aren't guys supposed to be all manly and not-intimidated?
    thats what i thought

QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 26 2007, 10:54 AM)
    I get told that. I'm short, so I know it's not a physical thing (though when guys piss me off, they do tend to cover their balls, just in case...). Perhaps it's just that you're a confident person. That's what I've been told - I'm very confident and self-assured, and I once intimidated a guy at a job interview because of it. I think it's brilliant biggrin.gif

Some guy once told me it because i tend to challenge them mentally,physically and emotionally, come to think of it it is kinda true rolleyes.gif
  • interesting, i've been told similar things as well.. independence/confidence intimidates people..
    but then why do guys claim they like girls who are independent?
    i think they lie and just want to rescue that damsel in distress... and then their egos are even bigger. haha
  • Guys I highly recommend you take this quiz its on
    OkCupid.com I took it and here are my results

www.okcupid.com/online.dating.persona.test

The Priss
    Deliberate Brutal Love Dreamer (DBLDf)

Mature. Responsible. Aristocratic. Excuse me. The Priss.

Prisses are the smartest of all female types. You're highly perceptive, and confident in your judgements. You'd take brutal honesty over superficiality any time--your friends always know where they stand with you. You're completely unfake. Don't tell me that's not a word. You're also excellent at redirecting internal negative energy.

These facts indicate people are often intimidated by you. They also fall for you, hard. You have a distant, composed allure that many find irresistible. If only more of them lived up to your standards.

You were probably the last among your friends to have sex. And the first to pretend that you're pregnant. LOL. Though you're inclined to use sex as weapon, at least it's not as one of mass destruction. You're choosier than most about your partners. A supportive relationship is what you're really after. Whether you know it or not, you need something steady & long-term. And soothing.

ALWAYS AVOID: The Playboy, The Loverboy

CONSIDER: The Manchild

OMG that is so true
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 25 2007, 03:54 AM)
    QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Apr 24 2007, 12:25 AM)

To make you all feel better about your love lives, I'm almost 20 and I've never dated anyone. I've actually only ever been on 3 dates. I tend to fall for guys then find out that they're involved with someone else. It's fantastic dry.gif. Oh and I've also been told by multiple guy friends that they don't see me as a girl, so I guess that's part of the problem.

Whaaaaaaa? But you are teh gorgeous!
    More proof why men are stupid.
    (Edit: 3700??)

Uhh, look who's talking. ;-)
  • QUOTE (CrashAndBurn @ Apr 26 2007, 08:25 PM)
    Guys I highly recommend you take this quiz its on
    OkCupid.com I took it and here are my results

www.okcupid.com/online.dating.persona.test

OMG that is so true

i got boy next door...
  • I'm always convinced that I don't deserve what I have. When dating my first boyfriend, for about the first week, I thought it was some cruel prank.

I'm neurotic and sometimes I worry that it's going to not only affect my relationship with my boyfriend, but my relationships with my friends (the mark of a true neurotic, no?). [Like, I'm normally pretty level-headed, but I manage to freak out about small things like the fact that we were out of eggs when I was trying to make meatloaf. I stood, rumaging in the fridge, as my boyfriend tried to find a way to get me to relax. My stress about big things manifests itself in little things. How does one go about fixing that? Take yoga?]

P.S. You're all beautiful and I mean that in the most honest, non-creepy way. Yes, I don't know you all in person, but you're all funny and witty and amazing and any boy who doesn't want to spend all of his time with you is obviously delirious.
    [Like, I'm normally pretty level-headed, but I manage to freak out about small things like the fact that we were out of eggs when I was trying to make meatloaf. I stood, rumaging in the fridge, as my boyfriend tried to find a way to get me to relax. My stress about big things manifests itself in little things. How does one go about fixing that? Take yoga?]

Yoga cures everything and chocolate smile.gif

I try not to let anything bother me much I think life is too short to be stressed, so Tonetoile when you feel like your heads gonna explode do something for me :

Stop, take a deep breath,count to ten, look at whatever is stressing you out and say "I'm not gonna let you ruin my beautiful day" (even if its not)

If that doesnt work Go See A Shrink!! smile.gif

just kidding
  • im fucking lonely.
    im so lonely.
    just about everyone i know has a boyfriend or girlfriend.
    im so bored with everything.
    they way life is goin right now.
    theres nothing exciting for me.
    for the past year everything has been exactly the same for me.
    nothing has changed.
    theres no excitement.
    i dont do much cause theres not much to do around here.
    im just so incredibly lonely.
    and dont think im depressed cause im not.
    but im not like extremely happy either.
  • QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Apr 26 2007, 10:36 PM)
    im fucking lonely.
    im so lonely.
    nothing has changed.
    theres no excitement.

I know how you feel.
    u know what makes it all better?
    A little TLC from OK GO
  • QUOTE (CrashAndBurn @ Apr 27 2007, 06:43 AM)
    u know what makes it all better?
    A little TLC from OK GO

and pie...
  • Is it wrong that I shivered (in the nice way) when my biology teacher put his arm around me and winked at me today?
    He's engaged and a fair amount older than I am....
    blink.gif huh.gif

He's just so lovely!
  • QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Apr 26 2007, 07:36 PM)
    im fucking lonely.
    im so lonely.
    nothing has changed.
    theres no excitement.

sad.gif
    i know how you feel dear. the only advice i can offer you is to try to stay busy so you don't think about it.. i know its not gonna change the situation much, but its a temporary solution i suppose. thats what i try to do, and it makes things a little bit better.. and then yeah theres chocolate for the days it really gets to you.

QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 27 2007, 08:45 AM)
    Is it wrong that I shivered (in the nice way) when my biology teacher put his arm around me and winked at me today?
    He's engaged and a fair amount older than I am....
    blink.gif huh.gif

He's just so lovely!

hahahaha
    dude so yesterday for discussion section for one of my classes we had to go to a different one because my TA was gone right.. and so this quarter i always see this guy in lecture and he intrigues me because he always wears like blazers and scarves and has a messenger bag and stuff.. but he doesn't look gay right (okay he might be i'm not sure but i hope not, and in my book you are straight until proven gay, and even then i'll deny it for a long time haha)... sooo turns out he's another TA! and i got to go to his section! and omg i finally get to see him like his whole face instead of a side profile and damn he is HOT. and he seems amazing... he talked about love and politics and how the two more closely related than we think and then he tied it back to the stuff we were learning. ahhh hes so awesome i wish i were in his section..
    mmk thats my random story of the day. smile.gif
    but this guy is only 22.. not old like mr. bio guy hahaha jk electra mectra i still love you!