In this Discussion

shut up and kiss me

Comments

• oh man this is an issue...
    uhhh well does bf know that you hate best friend?
  • Is he a twat in general, like to everyone else? Maybe he treats you badly because he's jealous that his friend is spending more time with you. If that's the case, confront him about it and assure him that you're not trying to steal his best friend. If he's just a prick for no reason, let your boyfriend know how you feel.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 9 2007, 05:49 PM)
    Is he a twat in general, like to everyone else? Maybe he treats you badly because he's jealous that his friend is spending more time with you. If that's the case, confront him about it and assure him that you're not trying to steal his best friend. If he's just a prick for no reason, let your boyfriend know how you feel.

well, it's not so much that he's consistently nasty to me or whatever. it's a pretty long story, but i heard - from my boyfriend himself, btw - that this guy has been saying stuff about my 8 year old brother, who he has never met and has absolutely no relation to at all. i dont really need to go into what exactly, but he heard from someone that my brother has some learning difficulties and apparently proceeded to think that i must be "weird" as i have an "autistic brother". while neither of those statements are actually true, i gotta think that even if there was something wrong with my brother, it has very little to do with this guy. i dont care if he thinks i'm weird, but it's out of line for him to talk about my brother.

argh. sorry. i didnt mean to rant so much there... wink.gif
  • So your boyfriend's just letting him talk about you and your family like that?
  • apparently so, yeah. well, i mean i dont know what he says in response, but what i do know is that he was too worried about what his best friend might think to tell him that we were going out for like a fortnight after we started. it's all a little weird..
  • don't worry about ranting dear - thats what we're here for!

okay uhh BF is being a bit of a jerk for like not being proud to be with you and such and able to tell his friends about it and such.
    BF's friend is just an asshole and you can tell BF you think so and that you feel friend is out of line for saying such things.
    this leads to two scenarios
    1. BF agrees with you - all is fine and dandy i suppose
    2. BF takes friend side - this is potentially problematic and you'll need to summon some good arguementative skills and try to get bf to see that what his friend is doing is wrong!

another thing is, its hard to know how serious this issue is - i mean like is it an ongoing thing, or is it just something you're picking up on? do you know what i mean? kinda hard to explain.. but basically its like you don't want to make something out of nothing, but at the same time, if there is an issue, it should be addressed or else it'll most likely lead to problems later.

sigh alright i hope that helps - i'm not sure if it will because all my advice is based on observation and not really experience.

good luck dear!
  • yeah, ive spoken to him about it. but he does that irritating non-commital thing - basically, not wanting to side with either of us. which is fine, but you'd think that he'd recognise that his friend has over-stepped the mark. but he totally doesnt seem to see how there is even an issue, which is a little annoying...

but i guess i'll never really know, 'cause i dont know how he responds when his friend says stuff like that to him.
    there's something in me that really wants to confront his friend, but i know that getting into an argument with some narrow-minded idiot is not really the best way to get things done.. wink.gif

sigh. i guess it'll just..sort itself out, hopefully.
    thanks for the advice! =]
  • Oh El!!!
    *hugs*
    Get Sophie to beat him up, she can be scarily fierce biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 9 2007, 09:36 PM)
    Oh El!!!
    *hugs*
    Get Sophie to beat him up, she can be scarily fierce biggrin.gif

haha, i might just do that.
    he should be afraid, very afraid...
  • QUOTE (crashtheparty @ Apr 9 2007, 10:02 PM)
    haha, i might just do that.
    he should be afraid, very afraid...

I could help?
    *looks hopeful*

Hehe smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 9 2007, 10:05 PM)
    I could help?
    *looks hopeful*

Hehe smile.gif

haha. everyone can help. we'll have an impressive gang together soon. he won't know what hit him biggrin.gif
  • Haha. Something incredibly straight. Umm.... *thinks*
  • oooh good plan.
    'cept last night he told me he was "kinda over girls".
    *gasp*
    but I know he's not gay.
    So I guess that makes him asexual.
    Isn't that just great.
  • haha its okay..
    i seem to notice that a lot people go into phases of asexuality..
    and then they stop..
    so its a phase!
    don't worry dear.. you shall lure him back to normal smile.gif
  • hahaha!!!
    Why thank you smile.gif
  • Oh man... less than a week ago I commented on how I never fall for anyone dry.gif *knock on wood*

So there's this guy in my night school class that I talked to briefly during class, and then added him on Facebook... I'm going out for bubble tea with him tomorrow to study wink.gif (I have a 107% in the course. How is that even possible? LOL)
  • the guy i like or used to like ( i dont kno anymore)
    is fucking his girlfriend..
    even tho his best friend tells me he talks about me all the time,
    we were always talking about dating.. i duno its a long story..
    i need a boyfriend.
    its been to long and im tired of it..
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Apr 12 2007, 07:45 PM)
    Oh man... less than a week ago I commented on how I never fall for anyone dry.gif *knock on wood*

So there's this guy in my night school class that I talked to briefly during class, and then added him on Facebook... I'm going out for bubble tea with him tomorrow to study wink.gif (I have a 107% in the course. How is that even possible? LOL)

oohhh SNAP!
    good luck with that dani!!
    let me know what happens smile.gif

QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Apr 12 2007, 07:59 PM)
    the guy i like or used to like ( i dont kno anymore)
    is fucking his girlfriend..
    even tho his best friend tells me he talks about me all the time,
    we were always talking about dating.. i duno its a long story..
    i need a boyfriend.
    its been to long and im tired of it..

aw sad.gif
    i need one too.. well actually i don't know.
    sigh please excuse this i'm going to vent for a bit and after this you guys are going to think i'm freaking lame.
    i've never had a bf in my freakin 18 years of existence.
    i've never been asked out.
    i don't know of any guy thats ever liked me.
    the one guy i really really like for like four years was never more than a friend.. and he never knew how i felt about him until about a month after graduation i told him because i really needed that closure and was never going to be completely over him until i got it out.
    i watched this guy go out with like three different girls, including a friend of mine who actually was like i'm sorry i know you like him too but.. and i'm like yeah okay its fine.
    sigh anyway, i know what you mean when you say you're tired of it.
    i find it fascinating when people are like i'm single and loving it! i'm like why? but then again the people i know who say that are like.. major flirts so it doesnt really matter anyway.
    and its kind of strange because on the one hand i really want to have a bf, but on the other, since i've never hand one, its made me much more independent.
    i'm already rather independent in nature, but having to do things alone has propelled that even more.
    whether is stupid little stuff like carrying heavy stuff and whatnot, to more emotional stuff like going to prom alone (that actually did a hurt a lot, especially when above mentioned boy went with this annoying girl who he doesnt even really like that much, but went with her because his gf at the time wasn't allowed to go because shes like three years younger than him.. and it killed me to be one of the very few who went alone in our group).
    so anyway, at this point, i know i can do things on my own, and i think in any future relationships this might be a bit of a problem, because i may not fit into that damsel in distress role, and if a guy tries to reach out and do something for me, i might be like hey no I CAN DO IT.
    because i know i can, and being able to is something that i can kind of take pride in.
    basically, i don't NEED a bf per se, but would LIKE one.
    sigh its rather difficult to explain, but i needed to get this out.
    thanks for reading if you made it thus far.
  • ^^

awww ambie, don't feel bad.

i haven't had a bf either and im just 2 years younger than u.
    (i guess we're just losers, hahaha, jk jk)

i really can't give u any advice, but i can give u a virtual hug

*hug*

*hug from julian*

*hug from paolo*