In this Discussion

the strokes

Comments

• of course you'll have a good time! honey, it's Interpol! your babies! no dumb obnoxious little shit can ever spoil that.. and if they try to you can just punch them smile.gif
    that's so cute that Paul is excited! aww

hair is totally overrated. hairless, like Julian and Paul, is the only way to go. Is it just me or do Paul's attempts at facial hair make you laugh? He's got such a baby face... it just looks funny.
    Did we ever find a pic of Jules with facial hair? I know we tried to but I can't remember if we succeeded...

Haha cause Peter's the "exploding man" heheh "nuclear"

aww that sucks! It may also mean there will be pros taking shots so you can still get pictures later. But yeah, if you meet them it will be sad. Maybe they will draw a picture for you instead?
  • haha, i love it when you use "little shit." you sound so cool <3 hehe. yes, i'll have to punch them. NO ONE can ruin this for me!! mad.gif biggrin.gif
    omg, when isn't paul cute?!?! <3 ohmy.gif maybe i shouldn't talk about paul here...julian might get jealous rolleyes.gif

yes, hairless all the way!! omg, hahahaha, they do!! aww, those pictures where he has a "mustache," aww, it's just a little line of hair <3

i think you tried to find a picture but it didn't work out...its better that way biggrin.gif

i would have taken shitty pictures and i'm sure that they'll be photographers, so i guess it's not that bad.
    aw, i would die if they drew me a picture...that would be so adorable!! <3 i probably won't even see them though sad.gif
  • Haha "little shit" is my favourite expression, followed closely by "no worries" I say both of them far too often. I ran into this lady when I was walking the dog today and it was so emabarrassing. I must have said "no worries" at least 5x in say, 2 minutes? It's so aussie it makes me sick.

good call, Paul is always cute smile.gif hahaha aw. if julian ever saw this... oh dear. It might be cool though, what if we're the reason they're going to record so soon. They might have felt seriously threatened by our unstable mental conditions and rather than wait for us to explode they gave up having lives. I can totally see that happening!

It's like he's trying to copy Carlos' do! Awh!

You must take crayons with you, just in case! That really would be the most adorable thing! wub.gif
  • ^^
    haha, aww. don't worry, i bet you're awesomeness made that conversation totally sexy and not embarrassing. ah, and i love australian accents and phrases and junk. american accents are horrible! well, except the strokes' and interpol's of course!

i wonder if ok go knows what's going on here. don't they occassionally check the board? that would be totally crazy...omg, what if they told the strokes. ahh, man love between damian and julian ohmy.gif };] hahhaahh

oh dear, i hope he forgets about that mustache thing. i don't want another carlos.

i probably will take crayons! i'm going to be soo bored sad.gif omg omg omg <3 wub.gif
  • Hahahaha no. It was like,
    Lady "Do you mind if they say 'hello'?"
    Me, "No worries"
    Lady, "What breed is she?"
    Me, "No worries.. I mean Westie"
    etc.
    Lady, "Thanks for that!"
    Me, "Oh no worries" *smacks self on forehead*
    I cringe everytime I let those two stupid words slip.

American accents are alright too! Admittedly some are painful (just like aus ones) but others, like Interpol's and the Stroke's and yours are very sexy.

Do you think OK Go know the Strokes? I'm sorry but any man-love between OK Go feels icky to me. It's part of my "OK Go are family, not sex objects" theory. I don't know but that may actually be creepier than man-love laugh.gif

Get those twisty ones! they're the best ever!!
    The Strokes to work with Rick Rubin?
    Oct 3, 2007, 03:54 PM | by Shirley Halperin

Categories: Music Biz

Über-producer Rick Rubin may still be settling into his new, untitled gig as creative head of Columbia Records, but—not surprisingly—we hear that he's staying just as busy lining up studio projects outside of the label, too. Could The Strokes, whose last album, 2006's First Impressions of Earth, didn't make as much of an impression as their first two efforts, be his newest protégés? Nothing's certain yet, but according to a source at the band's label, their next album is expected no earlier than 2009.

ohmy.gif
  • OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

that seriously made my day!!

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!

awww, my babies!!! MY BABIES ARE BACK!!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • awwwwwwww wub.gif

That's all I have. You summed up my feelings exactly!
    I've got nothing to say, I've got nothing to say

Actually, I have pictures... to say:

• ^^
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

that's the best way to start off a good day biggrin.gif

oh, look at me...rhyming and junk

those pictures are sooo sexy. ahh, i can't wait until all the new pictures start piling up, ahhhh!!
  • hahaha we must have some sort of psychic sexy connection because i totally just rhymed in the word association thread!
    awww wub.gif

omg new pictures with haircuts and stylists! biggrin.gif sexiness!
  • ^^
    awww, yes!! they should have plenty of $$ that they can give to stylist.

Oh my JESUS! a new picture
    the hair!! the haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrr!!! he has to do something about that hair. i don't want another nick incident.

hmm, im a little bored and terribly worried about a test i have to tomorrow so i'm going to post julian pics to feel better (all of them have probably already been posted =/)
    i think i'll do it by "eras"

is this it era:

• room on fire era:

• first impressions of earth era:

i might have gotten a little carried away =/
  • Vinnnnnniiiiiie and other Strokes people...

We were lookng at other people's work in my computer graphics class and and and....

SOMEBODY MADE A STROKES ANIMATION TIHNGY! It was so cool.

(And I was like, "Hey! I know those guys!" *excited*

Girl: Who are they? The Jonas Brothers?

Me: *ears perk up* Did you say Jonas Brothers? You don't listen to the Jonas Brothers, do you? And no, they're not, they're the Strokes.

Girl: No.

Me: Neither do I.)

Anyways, yeah, it was so cool and I thought of you guys.
  • ^^
    haha, awwww...courtney, baby, haven't "seen" you in a while!

so nice of you to think of us!! omg, but what re-re what confuse the strokes with the jonas brothers?!?! the strokes are so much sexier/cooler (no offense tongue.gif)

whoever made that gif is pretty sexy ;]
  • 1, I know! I missed you! I read over some of our messages the other day and I was cracking up. We are so funny. wub.gif

2. Um.........I'd say that why would you confuse 3 people with 5 people? Plus the Strokes are so much OLDER. *evil little smiley thingey*

3. Yep. It was me!!!!! (jk, I wish)
  • ^
    awww, i missed you too!! we're totally sexy together wub.gif

ohmy.gif how dare you?!!?! mad.gif i'll let it go this time, but you better watch yourself dry.gif hehe

haha, i'm sure you could have made an even sexier one! biggrin.gif
  • 1. I know. I don't think people can stand our seixness!

2. Haha, okay, as long as you watch YOURself. OMG, so they came out with a Bonus Jonas edition of their 2nd album on Tuesday, and I just listened to one of the new songs they put on there; it's so good, I mean, it's poetic, which is unlike them. I wonder who wrote it....

3. Psh, yeah. I made one with George W. Bush.
  • ^^
    i know! how can they not see it? we totally ooze sexiness ;]

pssh, i don't needs to watch myself ohmy.gif hehe
    dude, i've been seeing pics of the jonas brothers all over the place! aw, it always reminds me of you wub.gif

omg, that's gross. you should have totally made a strokes one. or interpol. or paolo........
  • 1. Like a boil! Ew...Except sexy!

2. YES YOU NEED TO WATCH YOURSELF, B! Aw...Jonas Brothers pictures. But at the same time, I'M JEALOUS! (I told you about that, right?) But...I've got a surprise to tell you...mydadboughtaLesPaultheotherday!!! AAAAHHHH! I've been playing it too.

3. I should've, but I'm afraid of whatr people might think of my choices. (Sounds like that came from a Health textbook, and the other day we girls had to watch this breast self examination video, and lemme tell you, it was not pretty.)