In this Discussion

the strokes

Comments

• ^^
    haha, i saw this website a while ago and it said that the strokes were around 250k or something...interpol a little less than 200k...
    QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Oct 12 2007, 11:49 AM)
    Your sexy jams sound amazing but, unfortunately, I have to go by volumes because titles describing sexiness would be false and misleading.
    The reason for this un-sexiness is that everyone's different tastes have to be taken into account so the finished product, while still including a few of my sexy tracks, as a whole, is crap.

random: awww my bare necessities ringtone just went off wub.gif i keep missing calls because i refuse to answer and stop the }:] music

haha, they are wub.gif
    aww, well that sucks. you should make a really sexy one and call it "in transit" omg...*love*

i still haven't made it my ringtone. people are really weirded out by that now. its the best biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Oct 13 2007, 09:46 AM)
    Haha aw thanks!
    I mentioned it in the Random Stuff thread too, but I'll repeat it again because its so much fun. Garrett gave me the username and password for pollstarpro.com, where you can look up how much it is to book bands for gigs, links to their agencies, etc. Oh the benefits of joining AS Programming! yay!
    I seriously just keep searching everyone and I'm like OMG you cost THAT MUCH!! and OMG you're cheap! hahaha

Oooh wow! that sounds like excellent fun!
    um sorry but I don't know who Garrett is? should I?

QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Oct 13 2007, 02:46 PM)
    haha, they are wub.gif
    aww, well that sucks. you should make a really sexy one and call it "in transit" omg...*love*

i still haven't made it my ringtone. people are really weirded out by that now. its the best biggrin.gif

Oh yes! My friend requested a Car CD the other day and I am sooo calling it "In Transit" now! Thank you muchly for the idea! biggrin.gif

Aw you have to have it as your ringtone cause then they'll be even more weirded out! I love it when it goes off in public and people look around, expecting to see a 5 year old and instead i'm there giggling.

hehe, i should teach some course about punching then? i am really good at it

Yes you should, and you are! I'd definitely attend!

That is a good feeling! My father got his camera out and took pictures of me when I found out about OK Go laugh.gif He thought my happiness was that amusing! They're awful pictures. I'm crying and jumping on top of things and my sister is laughing her ass of in the background.

Haha, that's hilarious! You have one awesome family!

aww, yeah...he's on a diet for the interpol concert cuz he wants to look sexy and wear something interpol-esque...aww, such a little loser.

That...is not a half bad idea. I think I should go on an Interpol diet for when they finally get down here. I'll follow their lead and only smoke and drink with the occasional vitamin on the side laugh.gif

Haha, "Sexy Jams" That's brilliant.

It costs more to get the Strokes than Interpol? Uh oh, I don't think I should've said that. Ambie, can't wait for all of us to work at the sexiest label EVAH!

Thanks for the JuJu spam!
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Oct 13 2007, 10:14 AM)
    Oh yes! My friend requested a Car CD the other day and I am sooo calling it "In Transit" now! Thank you muchly for the idea! biggrin.gif

Aw you have to have it as your ringtone cause then they'll be even more weirded out! I love it when it goes off in public and people look around, expecting to see a 5 year old and instead i'm there giggling.

haha, awww, no problem!! <3
    i don't even use my phone much (cuz it really sucks, like all i can do is call someone. that's it sad.gif ) i guess i'm going to have to now biggrin.gif

ahhhh!! thanks for the pics!! omg, i didn't have/hadn't seen any of those ohmy.gif i feel like a bad fan...i have to go searching!!!!

QUOTE (LolaBert @ Oct 13 2007, 11:06 AM)
    Yes you should, and you are! I'd definitely attend!

That...is not a half bad idea. I think I should go on an Interpol diet for when they finally get down here. I'll follow their lead and only smoke and drink with the occasional vitamin on the side laugh.gif

It costs more to get the Strokes than Interpol? Uh oh, I don't think I should've said that. Ambie, can't wait for all of us to work at the sexiest label EVAH!

awww <3 we should have some type of boardie conference and i'll have a "punching 101" seminar ;] hehe.

hahah!! i think you'd be dead by the time they get there =/ but i should prob get on diet, just in case the squirrel costume and the ringtone don't get his attention ohmy.gif hehe

aren't the strokes more popular than interpol? i think so...well, maybe not now, cuz it seems like they've a exploded a bit, but during antics......idk what i'm talking about sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Oct 13 2007, 03:14 AM)
    Oooh wow! that sounds like excellent fun!
    um sorry but I don't know who Garrett is? should I?

Garrett is one of the staffmembers of AS Programming, and he's adorable and fun and I think I have a crush on him. -___________-

QUOTE (LolaBert @ Oct 13 2007, 04:06 AM)

Yeah! My label is going to be the best ever - with the best cleaning staff ever imaginable.
    }:]
    hahah!! i think you'd be dead by the time they get there =/ but i should prob get on diet, just in case the squirrel costume and the ringtone don't get his attention hehe

aren't the strokes more popular than interpol? i think so...well, maybe not now, cuz it seems like they've a exploded a bit, but during antics......idk what i'm talking about

Really? Well I reckon if Paul can survive on smokes and drinks, I CAN DO IT TOO!!! Hahahaha, squirrel costume? Does Paulita have a 'thing' for squirrels?

I have no idea who's more popular than who. I'm so behind and out of sync with all of this cool people news laugh.gif

Ambie, what is AS programming?
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Oct 14 2007, 04:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=148594
    Garrett is one of the staffmembers of AS Programming, and he's adorable and fun and I think I have a crush on him. -___________-
    Yeah! My label is going to be the best ever - with the best cleaning staff ever imaginable.

aww he sounds awesome! Not only is he a cool person but he also has access to TOP SECRET information!
    Oh Ambie, I will be so honoured to be part of your "cleaning" staff wub.gif
    Speaking of "cleaning"! I thought of you guys when I was watching Leon The Professional cause they kept referring to being a hitman as "cleaning" hehe

QUOTE (LolaBert @ Oct 14 2007, 08:35 PM)

^^That was gonna be my next question
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Oct 13 2007, 07:37 PM)

hehehe wub.gif

QUOTE (LolaBert @ Oct 14 2007, 10:35 AM)
    Really? Well I reckon if Paul can survive on smokes and drinks, I CAN DO IT TOO!!! Hahahaha, squirrel costume? Does Paulita have a 'thing' for squirrels?

I have no idea who's more popular than who. I'm so behind and out of sync with all of this cool people news laugh.gif

haha, aw. doesn't he say something about "little creatures that run around" or something like that. idk.

QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Oct 14 2007, 11:55 AM)
    aww you're not a bad fan! I post the pictures pretty much as soon as I find them. Which means I didn't have them either and I don't think I'm a bad fan, therefore making you a good fan.
    I also thought the Strokes were more popular than Interpol. They're probably almost equal now because not only have Interpol exploded, as you said, but the Strokes have at the same time, fizzled out of existence; leading many loyal fans to wonder it they're even alive sad.gif
    The Strokes also got big before Interpol so they've had a longer time to build their fanbase

Speaking of "cleaning"! I thought of you guys when I was watching Leon The Professional cause they kept referring to being a hitman as "cleaning" hehe

aw, ok. well i don't even bother to look for pics anymore sad.gif i always say i will but then i don't =/ omg, today i will! biggrin.gif hah...i really am!!

omg...yeah...all we get is not-as sexy pictures of people with really long hair sad.gif and yeah the strokes released their first cd almost a year before interpol and there was all that hype/buzz around them.

aw!! <3 hehe.

ok, the pics i found..some aren't really new and most are small but it's so hard to find good pics sad.gif

• ahh!! i don't know why i never bothered with flickr!!!! omg...jackpot *cha-ching**cha-ching*

• julian!!

(yes, i have no life sad.gif)
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Oct 14 2007, 03:35 AM)

Sorry I didn't explain things very well guys!
    So AS = Associated Students, which is like the general student leadership type of stuff at our campus. The Programming division is the student run organization that puts on all the on-campus concerts and festivals and such. We do about two major concerts per quarter, and in addition we do some comedy shows and such. Thats why I got access to pollstarpro.com, where I can find out how much on average a band costs to book, links to the agencies, etc. The staffmembers are also current undergraduate students, but they are paid.
    Garrett is one of the staff members and he is in charge of all the festivals, so he organizes the three largest shows of the year in addition to helping out everything else. He is a film major and econ minor, currently a fourth year student, but its going to take him a fifth year to finish, which is fine because then I can graduate with him haha. Uhmm he's from New York! He's reallllly cute and sooo much fun to be around! Aaah I'm kinda smitten, can you tell? ha.
    I'm already friends with him and I've only known him for two weeks, but I'm going to try to be closer friends at least so he can put me on staff next year, which he already mentioned he'd like to do.

Lots of pics! Yay!
  • Is it just me or does JuJu look like Paolo Nutini is some of those pics?

So AS = Associated Students, which is like the general student leadership type of stuff at our campus. The Programming division is the student run organization that puts on all the on-campus concerts and festivals and such. We do about two major concerts per quarter, and in addition we do some comedy shows and such. Thats why I got access to pollstarpro.com, where I can find out how much on average a band costs to book, links to the agencies, etc. The staffmembers are also current undergraduate students, but they are paid.
    Garrett is one of the staff members and he is in charge of all the festivals, so he organizes the three largest shows of the year in addition to helping out everything else. He is a film major and econ minor, currently a fourth year student, but its going to take him a fifth year to finish, which is fine because then I can graduate with him haha. Uhmm he's from New York! He's reallllly cute and sooo much fun to be around! Aaah I'm kinda smitten, can you tell? ha.
    I'm already friends with him and I've only known him for two weeks, but I'm going to try to be closer friends at least so he can put me on staff next year, which he already mentioned he'd like to do.

Oooh kick ass! That sounds like such an amazing thing to be a part of! And it'll give you good experience for your label!
    Oooh this guy sounds like a cutie! Awww Ambie!
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Oct 15 2007, 02:28 AM)
    omg...yeah...all we get is not-as sexy pictures of people with really long hair sad.gif and yeah the strokes released their first cd almost a year before interpol and there was all that hype/buzz around them.

aw!! <3 hehe.

ok, the pics i found..some aren't really new and most are small but it's so hard to find good pics sad.gif
    http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/vin..._47f9557323.jpg
    http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/vin...087996327_l.jpg

arrgh the long hair is the worst part! yuck. I really despise the unkept look, in fact I would even say I prefer the druggie look!

I guess Julian looks a bit like Paolo in those two but I can't see it in any others. Plus, Julian doesn't have posture issues which, for me, sets those two far apart.

QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Oct 15 2007, 09:59 AM)
    julian!!

OMG that spam was pure sexiness. Thank you! I really needed it <3

QUOTE (amberdino @ Oct 15 2007, 02:19 PM)
    Sorry I didn't explain things very well guys!

Lots of pics! Yay!

Thanks for the explanation. And I agree with Jodie, it sounds likel very good experience!
    Aww good luck with Garrett!!! Not that you need it as I don't see how he'll possibly be able to resist you. I know Imaginary!Sam simply raves about you!
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Oct 15 2007, 04:19 AM)
    He is a film major and econ minor, currently a fourth year student, but its going to take him a fifth year to finish, which is fine because then I can graduate with him haha.

ohmy.gif your graduating in three years? omg, you're so smart ambie!! ah, your gonna have your sexy label in no time! oh! and we'll have jobs soon too!! yay!!!

QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Oct 15 2007, 06:45 AM)
    arrgh the long hair is the worst part! yuck. I really despise the unkept look, in fact I would even say I prefer the druggie look to it!

I guess Julian looks a bit like Paolo in those two but I can't see it in any others. Plus, Julian doesn't have posture issues which, for me, sets those two far apart.
    OMG that spam was pure sexiness. Thank you! I really needed it <3

yeah...i don't really like the long long hair...but wub.gif julian always looks nice

hahah!! i don't see it...sad.gif

aw, you're welcome...it was my pleasure }:]
  • Yes, Julian always manages to look pretty, even beneath all that slimy hair wub.gif

You can only see it in pictures where you can't see Julian's face laugh.gif I think their hair is just similar.

hmm... if }:] = youknowwhat, then what does };] = ?
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Oct 14 2007, 10:11 PM)
    Oooh kick ass! That sounds like such an amazing thing to be a part of! And it'll give you good experience for your label!
    Oooh this guy sounds like a cutie! Awww Ambie!

QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Oct 14 2007, 11:45 PM)
    Thanks for the explanation. And I agree with Jodie, it sounds likel very good experience!
    Aww good luck with Garrett!!! Not that you need it as I don't see how he'll possibly be able to resist you. I know Imaginary!Sam simply raves about you!

QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Oct 15 2007, 03:35 PM)
    ohmy.gif your graduating in three years? omg, you're so smart ambie!! ah, your gonna have your sexy label in no time! oh! and we'll have jobs soon too!! yay!!!

Thanks guys1 Seriously, I only joined this organization like less than three weeks ago, and I already love it so much and made a bunch of new friends and such, it's awesome! I think its the best thing I've done/will do in my time at ucsd - its going to be fun and educational, and if/when I'm on staff, I'd get paid for doing something I love. woooo
    Thanks for the good luck on Garrett - I'll keep you all updated if anything happens, though its doubtful.
    Aw JB, Imaginary!Sam is such a lovely fellow smile.gif
    Oh Vinnie - yes I am planning to graduate in three years! In fact, when I graduate, I won't even be 21 yet hahaha. And then yes, the kickass record label will begin! }:]

QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Oct 16 2007, 01:01 AM)

I've been wondering the same time, because a lot of times I accidentally type };] and then fix it..
    I think we should let Vinnie answer this one..
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Oct 16 2007, 08:01 AM)
    Yes, Julian always manages to look pretty, even beneath all that slimy hair wub.gif

You can only see it in pictures where you can't see Julian's face laugh.gif I think their hair is just similar.

mhmm! awww...i need news. i almost broke down a couple of days ago when i was listening to is this it...it broke my little heart </3

QUOTE (amberdino @ Oct 16 2007, 11:18 PM)
    Oh Vinnie - yes I am planning to graduate in three years! In fact, when I graduate, I won't even be 21 yet hahaha. And then yes, the kickass record label will begin! }:]

ohmy.gif dude!! look at you! omg...that amazing. ambie, your too sexy ;] if i can manage to get into a school in ny i can run one of your offices from there ;] biggrin.gif you're going to be all over the place!! yes!

QUOTE (amberdino @ Oct 16 2007, 11:18 PM)
    I've been wondering the same time, because a lot of times I accidentally type };] and then fix it..

QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Oct 16 2007, 08:01 AM)

ohmy.gif i don't know!! umm...ahh!! i can't think of anything sad.gif
  • Ooo yay a NY office would be excellent!
    Ahem.. a certain someone is from NY... haha maybe he can be in on this label }:] what would his position be? haha who cares.. oh yeah, you all ought to know that he has excellent hair. smile.gif omg I could post a picture.. maybe I will.. haha oh man.
  • ^^
    haha!! aww...i was totally confused for a while...but i get you cool.gif

ooo..sexy hair? i like this guy ;] maybe he "cleans" offices...like yours ohmy.gif }:]

ahhh!!! the strokes are in this microsoft ad sad.gif
    http://www.syncmyride.com/#/home/
    aw, they look so sexy...but...i don't know about this. i don't like it very much.
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Oct 17 2007, 09:18 AM)
    Thanks guys1 Seriously, I only joined this organization like less than three weeks ago, and I already love it so much and made a bunch of new friends and such, it's awesome! I think its the best thing I've done/will do in my time at ucsd - its going to be fun and educational, and if/when I'm on staff, I'd get paid for doing something I love. woooo
    Thanks for the good luck on Garrett - I'll keep you all updated if anything happens, though its doubtful.
    Aw JB, Imaginary!Sam is such a lovely fellow smile.gif

That is so great! Oooh I'm really happy for you.. and a little jealous ;] How exciting!!
    Haha, you don't need our luck! If you want it to happen, then it will. 'Cause you're on fiiire! woo!
    Imaginary!Sam totally blushed just then, awww

QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Oct 17 2007, 09:35 AM)
    mhmm! awww...i need news. i almost broke down a couple of days ago when i was listening to is this it...it broke my little heart </3
    ohmy.gif dude!! look at you! omg...that amazing. ambie, your too sexy ;] if i can manage to get into a school in ny i can run one of your offices from there ;] biggrin.gif you're going to be all over the place!! yes!
    ohmy.gif i don't know!! umm...ahh!! i can't think of anything sad.gif

aw no! how can they do this?! They need to make a new album soon so they can mend all these poor people's broken hearts. For Pete's sake guys!! This is an emergency!!

Oh Oh! Can Jodie and I run the Australian head office... haha remember word association? head }:]

Can };] = }:] + *maniacal laughter*? cause }:] is more *hehe* than *muahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAbasementrapebahahahaha*

QUOTE (amberdino @ Oct 17 2007, 09:44 AM)
    Ooo yay a NY office would be excellent!
    Ahem.. a certain someone is from NY... haha maybe he can be in on this label }:] what would his position be? haha who cares.. oh yeah, you all ought to know that he has excellent hair. smile.gif omg I could post a picture.. maybe I will.. haha oh man.

eeee yes pic please!!! <3 excellent hair <3

QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Oct 17 2007, 09:56 AM)
    ^^
    haha!! aww...i was totally confused for a while...but i get you cool.gif

ooo..sexy hair? i like this guy ;] maybe he "cleans" offices...like yours ohmy.gif }:]

ahhh!!! the strokes are in this microsoft ad sad.gif
    http://www.syncmyride.com/#/home/
    aw, they look so sexy...but...i don't know about this. i don't like it very much.

aww nick looks funny
    don't worry love, it's not that bad and anyway this sort of love and recognition may be just the thing to lure them out of hiding...
    well... we can hope