In this Discussion

happy b'day Temple Arizona

Comments

• happy birthday.. may it be... dental?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 22 2007, 06:23 AM)
    I have shook Davy Jones' hand. I was cheek to cheek w/ him. He gave me a huge hug....I will never again take a bath.

Wait, wait, did that really happen *faints...dies*

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 22 2007, 06:23 AM)
    Famous mouths I have looked into: Damian Kulash, Tim Nordwind, Davy Jones.......this will all be going onto my job resume laugh.gif

Upon reading those, I took a sudden, sharp intake of breath
    My mother asked what the matter was
    All I could do was whisper "Davy... Davy Jones.... Tempe... lucky. fucking. cow....."

*catches. again.*
  • OH NOES I AM LATE!

It is small, but here you go:

biggrin.gif Happy Day of Birth a day late!
  • Lol, jedi_grrlie, that cake is amazing. Wow. Never saw such a thing.

Sweetness, yes, my day was dental.

Best part of the nite:
    When a crazy hippie guy dragged me out of my seat and over to the stage below Davy.
    Then Davy says on stage "Hi, Rose! She's a hygienist."
    "I'm a dental student"
    "Oh, whatever, " he says with a wink
    Crazy hippie guy points at me and shouts: "It's her birthday"
    Davy: "So what should I do, shall I give her a crown?"
    Crazy hippie guy: "Give her a kiss!"
    Davy: "If I were down there I would be kissing her right now."

^^*Fainting...swooning...dead*
  • this soudns an amazing b'day!
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Apr 22 2007, 12:49 PM)
    this soudns an amazing b'day!

Aww, thank you pandy! wub.gif

Well, I owe it all to you guys. I've learned so much from you all on how to approach a celebrity and how to be brave and cute about it. I'm writing up about the concert. But it'll probably take me awhile to get it posted as I keep mulling over every detail in my head. Pics will come soon. They should be back from the developer on Wednesday.
  • how did crazy hippy guy know it was your b'day?
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Apr 22 2007, 12:54 PM)
    how did crazy hippy guy know it was your b'day?

Before the show, I got to know crazy hippie guy and his wife pretty well. Also, I made a shirt with big letters on the front that said "Davy, I'm here for my birthday kiss" and on the back it said "Davy Jones It's my birthday." There were a few people who were sort of jealous. They said their birthdays were coming and they wish they had thought of that idea. After the show, I suddenly had very smiley lady's wishing me a happy birthday after Davy and crazy hippie guy had done it so publicly.

I called my mom and sis and left my cell phone on so that they could listen to the entire concert. My mom said, "Did he mention you during the show?!" I said yeah and explained to her what happened. She said she nearly had a a heart attack laugh.gif
  • aww wow this is amazing =D
  • So my tshirt idea helped, in part, to get Davy Jones to talk to you from the stage?

My eyes are welling up. Tempe I'm so happy for you. rolleyes.gif
  • sad.gif I was out of town all yesterday!! I got on for like 2 seconds to leave a msg on your profile but it looks like it didn't send... Happy late birthday love, I hope it was awesome <3
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Apr 22 2007, 01:12 PM)
    sad.gif I was out of town all yesterday!! I got on for like 2 seconds to leave a msg on your profile but it looks like it didn't send... Happy late birthday love, I hope it was awesome <3

Thanks Claret! You're a darling. Yes it was super awesome and amazing.

Yes, Allie, your shirt idea worked wonders! Everyone I met was asking about it. It got me so much attention. The radio station sponsoring the conert kept taking my pic. You had to actually win tickets to a private meet and greet w/ Davy a week before on the radio. But thanks to that t-shirt they let me come up to the private meet and greet anyway. Davy was so nice, after the show, he ran into the audience to sign autographs. He was swarmed, but he signed everything people gave him and was very chatty. The private meet and greet was so awesome, just him and me and a handful of other people in a private room together. It was so much easier to have one on one attention that way.

I've never seen one man make so many people so happy at the same time. It was surreal.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 22 2007, 01:06 PM)
    So my tshirt idea helped, in part, to get Davy Jones to talk to you from the stage?

My eyes are welling up. Tempe I'm so happy for you. rolleyes.gif

You're awesome, Alice! I was sort of the focal point of the stage. I could tell because when the people from the radio station came on stage, they saw me right away and waved. During the whole show, I was right in the line of sight of Davy. biggrin.gif
  • No problem smile.gif

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 22 2007, 04:25 PM)
    But thanks to that t-shirt they let me come up to the private meet and greet anyway.

ohmy.gif You met him??
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Apr 22 2007, 01:33 PM)
    No problem smile.gif
    ohmy.gif You met him??

Met him, discussed dentistry w/ him, told him I want to be his dentist in AZ. He showed me his dental work. He signed things for me, he posed cheek to cheek w/ me and arm around my waist, and he gave me a great big hug. For the rest of the nite, he knew my name. He mentioned me during the show. After the show, I gave him another thing to sign, and he said, "Oh, hello again, Rose." Gah!! *XX Dead XX*

People were in such awe, they were kind of speechless during the private meet and greet. At first I was, but then I realized, I have to make conversation with him! I must, and so I did. And it went really well.

. blink.gif Wait, did this really happen??.....Tempe is now dead
  • omg ohmy.gif ohmy.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif

I'm so happy for you!!
  • Fucking nora, Tempe!!!
    You got to meet him and chat to him and everything... That's so amazing!
    I'm glad the tshirt helped biggrin.gif

Once you've graduated, he'll be begging for you to be his dentist
    And you shall be inside his mouth on a regular basis.
    This shall get you through exams, my love

You're awesome too wub.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 22 2007, 01:46 PM)
    Lol, jedi_grrlie, that cake is amazing. Wow. Never saw such a thing.

Best part of the nite:
    When a crazy hippie guy dragged me out of my seat and over to the stage below Davy.
    "I'm a dental student"

davy's the man. quite the smooth talker
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 22 2007, 01:23 AM)
    I have shook Davy Jones' hand. I was cheek to cheek w/ him. He gave me a huge hug....I will never again take a bath.

Wait, wait, did that really happen *faints...dies*

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 22 2007, 03:46 PM)
    Lol, jedi_grrlie, that cake is amazing. Wow. Never saw such a thing.

Best part of the nite:
    "I'm a dental student"

ekkkkk!!!!!!!!

im so late... but .... wow!
    i know you had a great birthday Tempe, so ill just give you late wishes for a great year. tongue.gif
  • it's that time of year again... happy birthday!!!