In this Discussion

happy b'day Temple Arizona

Comments

• tempe old bean youre my favorite arizonite, im sure youll do well. im sure theyll give you a nice set of grillz after. and happy birthday?
  • Tempe, I'm sure you are going to do awesome! You are going to kick that test's butt! Good luck, even though I'm sure you won't need it wink.gif
  • Rose, you're a fabulous dentist and an even more fabulous person and you're going to be amazing. smile.gif
    Tell those patients that they're rich with dental history to charm the pants off them and it'll all be easy riding!!

Good luck my lovely,

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • ^^ you guys are awesome. wub.gif I'm going to print this out and keep it in my pocket for luck.
  • rose, just think of sir fergal

• You'll PWN the test.
  • Psh, you don't need luck, luck needs you!

You're gonna rock this exam so hard it'll be smokin' by the time you're done with it. And if you're working on teeth at the time, well, don't teeth always smoke when you work on them?

Kick that exam's ass, Rose!!
  • Rose, you are the most awesome dentist I know.
    It's impossible for you NOT to pass.
    I'm positive you'll ace the test, and become the most awesome LICENSED dentist I know, too.
    smile.gif
  • I sent this to your myspace, but at the risk you might not check your myspace very often, I thought I'd post it here as well:

Dear Rose,
    I came to you for advice less than a month back because I thought you seemed like a really nice person... and the coolest cat in the bunch. At that moment, I was just guessing. Turns out... I was absolutely right! You're intelligent, kind, and an all around amazing person, so don't stress about your exam. You have the well wishes of not only me but anyone who has the fortune of having any acquaintance with you [which, btw, includes all of OK Go].

So, relax, take a deep breathe, and go into that test as if you're INVINCIBLE! [oh, oh, oh]

Love,
    Nance

• girl you gonna wipe this test up so tuff that they will be asking you to WRITE the next one!!!

yeay!!! You're getting your license! it's all $$$$$$$$$$$$$ from here on out!! laugh.gif
  • i wish i could give you drunk props, girlfriend!! but alas, i am sober. however... i may not be tomorrow. wink.gif

YOU'RE GONNA DO FAAAABULOUSLY!
  • Darling Rose, I am as sure of you doing awesome on your exam as I am of me eating food tomorrow. I am seriously, 100% certain that you will come back and tell us how you aced it smile.gif I won't even wish you luck because I know you don't need it, Dr. Rose, DMD!
  • Tempe, you're the most amazing and awesome dental student I know (and it's not because you're the only one I know. I actually know another who is not amazing and that's why I totally forgot about her until now) and you're going to be the most amazing and awesome dentist I know. You're going to kick that licensing exam's ass!! I'm going to send you a ton of good luck vibes even though you don't need them. wink.gif
  • TEMPE!

you're probably rocking that tests cover page right off as we speak eh?!!!!!!!

EEE! you rule!

BREAK THAT TEST IN HALF!

• you'll do great in the exame Rose, I'm sure of it! wink.gif just believe in yourself because you can do it wink.gif

you rock biggrin.gif
  • So my dearl lovely of a Rose, how was the test... sorry I wasn't here to wish you luck on the exam, but I'm hoping you have good news for us all. We love you babe, I'm sure you did just fine wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Pearl @ Jun 8 2008, 12:12 PM)
    So my dearl lovely of a Rose, how was the test... sorry I wasn't here to wish you luck on the exam, but I'm hoping you have good news for us all. We love you babe, I'm sure you did just fine wink.gif

Thank you so much for the wonderful well wishes!!! I really really appreciate it and really really needed it to get thru the exam. I printed out all your good thoughts and kept it in my pocket. My goodness, it was the most intense stressful two days I have ever been thru. Here's what the exam was like...

You have to find your own patients months ahead of time. You have to do a deep cleaning on a patient, two fillings on patient(s), two root canals on extracted teeth that are mounted into a dummy's head to simulate a real patient, and then two paper tests. In a way, it is a good exam to test whether you have the skills to be an entry level dentist. The paper tests were too bad. One stressful thing about it is making sure you did the root canals carefully enough that the dried out extracted teeth don't fracture. But the absolute most stressful thing is before you can begin treatment on the real patient, they have to be taken to another room and approved by graders that you will never see. Those moments of waiting for your patient to come back with the ok or the no way pink slip are terrifying. The next stressful thing is after you drill the tooth, the patient has to be taken to the graders and they grade how ideal the tooth has been cut. You cannot possibley cut a real tooth to ideal when it's a human body and biology and decay that you need to chase. You have to get permission each time you want to change the shape of the cutting from ideal. Waiting to have the prep graded is terrifying. Finally, you fill the tooth and the patient is taken to the graders. They grade how ideal your filling is. Now I have to wait 4 weeks for my results.

Yesterday, after the test, one of the oral surgery teachers had a graduation party at his house. He lives in the most beautiful swankiest area of town. I felt like I was in Beverly Hills. I wanted to take a pic of his house, but if anyone saw, they'd think I was nuts.

It was so strange to be being congradulated. Finally, it's all over. And now, a new sort of feeling is setting in. A week from now I will be a graduate. I realized leaving the test, that this week, we're all going to be doing our own thing. We'll only get together for awards ceremonies, a gala banquet at a swank hotel, and the graduation ceremony. Soon, all these people I have come to know as family for 4 years, will disperse, and I will be left alone in Arizona. No more crazy happy hours, getting together for little events, or hearing the silly things my classmates come up with. Even though I've had many complaints about the stress of the past 2 months, I can only remember now all the happy times over the last 4 years, and part of me does not want it to end. There are people I don't want to say goodbye too. I'm falling into that graduation shock.
  • ^^^

Ditto-ing what Pearl said. I haven't been reading, so I didn't realize your test was this weekend, but you're going to ROCK IT!!
  • Oh Rose that must have been some 2 days of exams! We will all be waiting PATIENTly wink.gif for your results, but we know you aced it love smile.gif cuz you are the bestest dentist wub.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jun 5 2008, 01:03 PM)
    I don't mean to bump my own birthday thread, but I didn't really want to start a new thread for this...

Tomorrow and Saturday I am taking my licensing exam. I am scared shitless. My stomach has never hurt so bad. Please show me some love. Tell me I'm awesome. Tell me I'll rock it. With your confidence behind me, I'll be able to smile my way thru the whole thing.

Ok, ok, go!

Just got my results back today: I passed I passed!!!! tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
    Thank you for all your wonderful thoughts and getting me through those two dreadful days.