In this Discussion

Complaints Thread

Comments

• There are no spoons in the office. None. Some spoon-centric must have taken them all.
  • ^ oops, that was me, i used them to decorate my birthday cake, since i couldn't find any candles...
    tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jun 8 2009, 01:26 AM)
    Haha, yay! Facebook Addicts Anonymous!

Oh, that sounds HORRIBLE!
    I'm sorry, I hope it gets better soon.
    That not-being-able-to-sleep thing sounds mega-awful.
    sad.gif

woo
    you should make a group.
    haha

QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Jun 8 2009, 02:46 PM)
    this stuff is the best ever for soothing skin after a sunburn:
    http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/face/...rs/cosmetic-lad

oo thanks!
    that looks pretty sweet
  • while i enjoy my new job... i feel like the rest of my life is at a standstill. i'm incredibly unhappy.
  • ^ your unhappiness makes me sad sad.gif

and now for my complaint of the day: people who pass you then go slower than you once in front... today's instance of this comes from a truck passing me as i was doing the 60mph speed limit, who then slowed down to under 55mph once in front... did i mention they were hauling gravel and it was flying off the truck and hitting my windshield as well?!? and i was stuck behind them for several miles before i got a chance to pass...
  • katie, the glass is half full!
  • I suck at driving...it makes me feel kind of worthless.
  • So I have a high school best friend and a college best friend and my college best friend was a total asshole at my 21st birthday party that she was supposed to throw for me because the guy she liked was coming so she made everything about her. Which I let her know publicly in front of everyone. Then I left. Then everyone left. Needless to say, it doesn't going to look like we're going to be friends anymore. Fortunately, a lot of my other friends were there for me and made it a fun night. And her house was trashed after the party ha.
  • leaving the house for, oh, 6 hours only to return and find 30+ spam threads!!! that jakx sure was a busy beaver...
  • ^^^ OMG I saw that! I salute you for eliminating the enemy.

My complaint:
    Where are all my other board buddies?!
  • I probably complain so much you guys are sick of it, but I'm really quite confused right now.

I don't know what to do with myself. I want to be a singer/dancer on a cruise ship. (Rachel is probably going to laugh at me. rolleyes.gif)

I love singing and dancing. Trouble is, I have never been a good singer and I've never taken a dance class, nor will I ever be able to afford lessons. And what's worse, I can't even tell my family about it because I've always been the academic type to them. But I don't really care about school. For once in my life I want to be good at something I actually want to be good at and that I actually care about. But I can't do anything about it. They will all just laugh at me.
  • My Aerosmith concert that I was going to is canceled sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif Cuz Steven Tyler fell off the stage at one of the concerts and broke his shoulder and had to get stitches in his head sad.gif sad.gif I'm so upset. I was really looking forward to seeing them.
  • theyre building houses right next to mine. its really annoying and loud. and disrupts my view.

FUCK THE MAN.

also i want pizza.
  • I haven't been on the boards for a while, but I need to vent a little.
    Gah! There's this really cute guy in Wind Ensemble but I don't really know him sad.gif I've never talked to him. And he's back in percussion and I'm over in the trumpet section. So, he's definitely not in talking distance sad.gif And I have like no opportunities to talk to him casually. And that's the only place I see him

I am definitely too shy to just go up to him sometime and start talking to him. That would just be awkward. And I don't want to be a creep. He's caught me looking at him a couple times, but I don't want to like keep making eye contact with him cuz that'll probably just creep him out sad.gif

• I wish I could bring sweetness some pizza. And I wish I could sneak into Rebekker's band practice and casually force the dude to make a move. *hugs to you both*
  • Ugh. Smith is SUCH a buzzkill about some things.
    The reasoning they give for not being able to go to the UK for more than the spring semester:

Most British universities are on a three-term system that does not correspond to the American semester system: students can go either for the full year or for the two terms running from January to June. Because the fall term is significantly shorter than Smith’s fall semester, fall enrollment is approved only at the institutions indicated.

Now I'm sorry, but that's mostly bullshit. Smith's semesters go from Beginning Sept.-Middle Dec. and Beginning Feb.-Beginning May.

I looked up University of Manchester's dates for this year, and while they're on a different schedule than we are, the time is definitely comparable:
    http://www.manchester.ac.uk/aboutus/dates/

It even says, in that quote, "..students can go either for the full year...". And yet out of the 30 or so schools in the UK/Ireland that are approved by Smith, only two are approved for the full year- School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London; and London School of Economics.

I can see why they don't let us go for just the fall, that pretty much makes sense- you can't finish a full semester before you have to be home for Smith's spring semester. But they won't let you go to Manchester or Cardiff or Bristol or anywhere for a full year and I just don't understand whyyyy.

I want to go for a whole year so fucking badly D:
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 25 2009, 07:53 PM)
    I wish I could bring sweetness some pizza. And I wish I could sneak into Rebekker's band practice and casually force the dude to make a move. *hugs to you both*

aw, thanks Tempe smile.gif I'm still not sure what I'm going to do. I'm thinking about maybe being daring and next time I make eye contact with him, keep looking just a little bit longer and smile. Maybe that'll give him the idea that I'm actually looking at him instead of just happening to look over there or something
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Sep 25 2009, 12:54 PM)
    I haven't been on the boards for a while, but I need to vent a little.
    Gah! There's this really cute guy in Wind Ensemble but I don't really know him sad.gif I've never talked to him. And he's back in percussion and I'm over in the trumpet section. So, he's definitely not in talking distance sad.gif And I have like no opportunities to talk to him casually. And that's the only place I see him

I am definitely too shy to just go up to him sometime and start talking to him. That would just be awkward. And I don't want to be a creep. He's caught me looking at him a couple times, but I don't want to like keep making eye contact with him cuz that'll probably just creep him out sad.gif

OMG
    I just read this now, but I feel the exact same way you do with your guy - about a TRUMPET guy!
    Yay, I love trumpet players even more now that I know you play one.
    wub.gif
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Sep 27 2009, 09:53 PM)
    OMG
    I just read this now, but I feel the exact same way you do with your guy - about a TRUMPET guy!
    Yay, I love trumpet players even more now that I know you play one.
    wub.gif

aw, that's awesome! biggrin.gif Good luck with your trumpet guy!! smile.gif
  • Aw, young love. Good luck girls. Wear low cut shirts but don't compromise your morals. That's my advice.

Complaint: I'm sitting up at night thinking about two douchers who used to be my friends and wondering what when wrong when I really shouldn't waste energy caring because I can't stand the two of them!