In this Discussion

Complaints Thread

Comments

• QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Apr 9 2009, 03:22 AM)
    Thanks guys. But I still don't think I'm going unless I find a group to go with - and a dress. But it's a bit late, it's less than 3 weeks way. Eee! And like 2 days after my birthday, so yay, happy birthday to me...

Honestly, I think that prom is overrated. I know this isn't great advice as (I assume your high school is like mine) prom is advertised as being the biggest thing EVER. It's nice and all, but really, I think I would have felt just as good NOT going. Are there any alt-proms or whatnot that your school offers?
    (Also, if you are looking for a dress, I highly recommend scouring thrift stores. They're cheap, often have really fantastic dresses, and you don't feel bad if they get a bit beat up. Also, then you can spend the money you were planning to use to buy a dress on something more fun, like going to the roller rink)
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Apr 8 2009, 10:22 PM)
    Oh at least you know something, my friend. I don't do the whole music theory whatever thing. Is this for the guitar or something?

YES. I tried watching the video of it to see what chords Damian's playing, but the camera isn't close enough. I'm pretty sure it's in the key of F and it starts with B flat and there's four more chords in the progression after that, but I can't figure them out and it's driving me mad.
  • I thought prom was pretty awkward, to be honest.
  • I didn't bother with my junior prom at all. It was in the school cafeteria, like all the other sucky high school dances, and honestly I didn't think it was worth it. I don't regret not going at all.
    Senior prom was fun, but I asked a friend from another high school to come with me. And honestly, most of my friends just went with other friends, and as just friends- the only people who really went as couples were those who were already dating. It was a bit awkward at times, but it was still nice to just get all dressed up and look pretty and dance with my friends.

But yeah, I agree with Amy, overall prom is overrated. It was fun, but it wasn't the be all and end all, and I would have had just as much fun doing a myriad of other cool things with friends.
  • I didn't got to either of my proms...didn't see the point.
  • I actually enjoyed junior prom more, I think. My dates for both were extremely nice, but I think I enjoyed junior prom more because it didn't have all the fake buildup that senior prom did; I wasn't expecting much and it was relaxed and in the gym and I just wanted to dance.
  • Thanks girls for all the prom advice!

I'm still trying to decided whether to go or not.
    I've found a group to go with, but I'm only really close to one of the girls.

I might go.

(But I'm definitely going next year.)

I'm kind of thinking though that there will be funner things to do on the Saturday after my birthday than dress up and barely satisfy my hunger at some fondue place. But I want to go in case I miss something.

unsure.gif
  • i ran for an exec position in my college sga and won by a landslide... but lost a lot of friends in the process. politics is not for me!
  • Oh update on the prom thing, I tried to go dress shopping yesterday but could not find a dress I liked for the life of me.

So I am not going.

QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Apr 11 2009, 10:09 PM)
    i ran for an exec position in my college sga and won by a landslide... but lost a lot of friends in the process. politics is not for me!

Aww, congrats, but on the subject of those friends you lost - maybe they weren't your friends in the first place? Either way, you rock. Your name says it all. (And apparently, you are a lot of people's favorite person!)
  • Leighton Meester is singing. Why is she singing? This cover is terrible.

http://that1popgem.blogspot.com/2009/04/ma...s-leighton.html
  • WHY DID I DO THAT?!
  • QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Apr 11 2009, 11:09 PM)
    i ran for an exec position in my college sga and won by a landslide... but lost a lot of friends in the process. politics is not for me!

stfu... congrats!! but... wtf mate?? i hope i get a little explanation via snail mail soon, yase? wink.gif

my complaint...
    chronic stomach issues. i randomly get horrible stomach pangs and most of the time, it's for good reason... like too much coffee on an empty stomach sort of thing, but right now?! i just double over in pain and in a few minutes it's gone. and then it comes back again... UGH.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Apr 14 2009, 06:39 PM)
    stfu... congrats!! but... wtf mate?? i hope i get a little explanation via snail mail soon, yase? wink.gif

my complaint...
    chronic stomach issues. i randomly get horrible stomach pangs and most of the time, it's for good reason... like too much coffee on an empty stomach sort of thing, but right now?! i just double over in pain and in a few minutes it's gone. and then it comes back again... UGH.

will do! and please go get an appointment with a doctor! you're worrying me!
  • my friend bob is leaving calgary at the end of the month first to toronto then to japan for at least a year. im happy for him! so he brought us all gifts today, i got a pretty cool airgun because my old one had broken... sadly the airgun didnt last the day it broke, so im kinda bummed about that. it really sucks i named it sweet p justice.
  • oh man oh man oh man
  • My first ever Cubs/Cards game was supposed to be this evening and it got rained out. Sure, it's been rescheduled, but I already have plans for that date. Fuck-a-duck.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Apr 19 2009, 03:40 PM)
    My first ever Cubs/Cards game was supposed to be this evening and it got rained out. Sure, it's been rescheduled, but I already have plans for that date. Fuck-a-duck.

baaah! Becky, I hope the rescheduled date also gets rained out so you'll be able to go to the reschedule after that!
  • Whilst shopping in a used book store today, I perused a book about fashion trends in rock music. I've heard some gross inaccuracies in my day, but the author had the nerve to say that all of Marc Bolan's songs were written by professional musicians, thus rocketing him to fame.--Frpt! Flup! Bhuh? Zaaa! MARC BOLAN WROTE ALL OF HIS SONGS!!! The man was prolific! No one else could possibley come up with guitar riffs and lyrics like that! The author was a fashion expert and knew nothing of music, but talk about sloppy. Do your research woman! How dare you even have a book! I'd be ashamed if I were you to write a book with inaccuracies!

Then she labeled a pic of Ziggy Stardust with some dancers as "Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars" just cause the dancers were wearing spider webbed outfits. The Spiders from Mars are Ziggy's MUSICIANS not DANCERS!

But that Marc thing made me drop the book. Should've asked for the manager and the paramedics. blink.gif
  • oh my goodness
    how could they tempe!
    here would be the face of disgust smiley if there ever was one.
  • The bedbugs are back in my room.