In this Discussion

Complaints Thread

Comments

• QUOTE (beckysioux @ Mar 18 2009, 09:06 AM)
    Stupid freaking wet bus seats. Here's a thought, after cleaning the bus, wait until the carpeted* bus seats are dry BEFORE taking them to the streets where passengers are going to sit on the aforementioned WET seats.

* What numbskull thought it would be a good idea to have seats with carpet fabric on them? Not only will the gum never come out, but the bus rider does not have any indication that a seat might be wet before sitting down unless you do a hand check, which isn't always an option because people are pushing past and in a hurry and yeah.

a guy threw up behind me on the bus once. on a capretty seat. it STUUUUUUUNK. buses suck.
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Mar 19 2009, 03:52 AM)
    a guy threw up behind me on the bus once. on a capretty seat. it STUUUUUUUNK. buses suck.

HAH. When I was visiting my roommate during the summer, we were on the Lightrail and some drunk guy threw up right next to us. My friend turned to me and said, "Welcome to Baltimore!"

I got a 39 on my linear algebra midterm (as in, 39 out of 100). This seems terrible until you take into account that the class average was about a 36. And my professor isn't curving the grade. Apparently we just need to "work harder" next time. What the hell?
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Mar 19 2009, 04:25 PM)
    "

I got a 39 on my linear algebra midterm (as in, 39 out of 100). This seems terrible until you take into account that the class average was about a 36. And my professor isn't curving the grade. Apparently we just need to "work harder" next time. What the hell?

Aren't there certain rules, that if, I dunno, 50 percent of the class fail, the grades are changed or something? ... I know we have those, cause several friends wrote horrible exams were the professors had to bend the grades ... or maybe it's just cause they're too lazy to check those second-try tests? (probably that)
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Mar 19 2009, 11:25 AM)

I'm glad to know this doesn't just happen at MSU... Angie (beasle) had a prof like this... where the majority of the students failed her exams but it was their fault because they didn't work hard/show up for class... only Angie and my other friends DID... this particular teacher took her powerpoint lectures from someone online... meaning, she didn't write the material she was presenting, meaning if you asked her a question re: the lesson, she didn't know... yeah. thanks MSU. glad my tuition dollars WERE spent paying dipshits like this.
    Tone... you should take it up with the chairperson of the dept or something... that's ridiculous. If EVERYONE does that poorly, it's not you guys, it's your teacher.

Edit:
    I completely forgot to pay on one of my credit cards... I never carry the damn thing around, I only got it for an emergency situation and now I owe $63 in a couple weeks. I'm annoyed.
  • Thanks for the sympathy (most of my friends have had similar "WHAT?" responses). The guy teaching our class is definitely incredibly smart, he just doesn't seem to understand that his method of teaching doesn't really work... and so blames it on us. I definitely need to talk to somebody, as any attempt to talk to him seems to be ineffective. I know that he has no obligation to curve the midterm (he just needs to curve the final grade), but it seems unfair to have us go into the final with such a crippling grade.
  • I haz the plague. sad.gif I so didn't need to be sick this weekend.
  • this single thing isnt going to work out. i need to meet women. i need to meet women now. fuck this!

and my neck hurts. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR i hate that.
  • Concordia University is taking too long to determine my future.
  • F-ing anal TA. Ass. Seriously.

+

Shoulder... hurting... a lottttttt. Ow.
  • WHERE THE FARK IS MY COMPUTER YOU SAID IT WOULD BE IN BY FRIDAY EEW THIS SUCKS I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW BARF!
  • To self: Let it go, this too shall pass.
  • (maybe) mono has me feeling blue

BUT I JUST EAT ICE CREAM INSTEAD
  • God makes me like guys that I've never said more than 3 sentences to, so it'd be weird if I just up and suddenly tried to make conversation.

aka IT'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE. sad.gif
  • i did some drawing from around 2pm to around 11pm, my hand is pretty crampy, and im not sure ive gotten any better. damn... will keep working on it once my hand isnt cramped
  • my damn driveway is flooded again... i really oughta invest in some rainboots...
  • Valentine's Day has never made me feel down, so the world gave me my junior prom. I've never felt so undesirable. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Apr 6 2009, 06:03 PM)
    Valentine's Day has never made me feel down, so the world gave me my junior prom. I've never felt so undesirable. sad.gif

Hey, hey, hey, don't do that! Don't let junior prom let you down! Boys can be real a-holes sometimes, especially in high school. You're probably just wayyy too awesome for those bums. Plus, some boys are really scared to ask amazing girls out, because they feel insignificant and undesirable enough for you. So, stay positive, smile, and keep your head high, because you don't need 'em and you're amazing! Goooooo you! smile.gif
  • I CAN'T FIGURE OUT THE CHORD PROGRESSION TO "SHOOTING THE MOON" AND IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS. IT STARTS WITH B FLAT AND THAT'S ALL I KNOW.
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Apr 7 2009, 12:03 AM)
    Valentine's Day has never made me feel down, so the world gave me my junior prom. I've never felt so undesirable. sad.gif

QUOTE (YoDoofball! @ Apr 9 2009, 01:10 AM)
    Hey, hey, hey, don't do that! Don't let junior prom let you down! Boys can be real a-holes sometimes, especially in high school. You're probably just wayyy too awesome for those bums. Plus, some boys are really scared to ask amazing girls out, because they feel insignificant and undesirable enough for you. So, stay positive, smile, and keep your head high, because you don't need 'em and you're amazing! Goooooo you! smile.gif

Agreed. Don't let it get you down AT ALL. Prom is fantastic, but it is just as fantastic to go without a date. I went with a whole group of people (and, honestly, I thought that hanging out and dressing up beforehand was so much more fun than actually being there). You're an awesome person. No one will remember if you had a date to prom or not years from now, but they will know that you're fantastic.
  • QUOTE (YoDoofball! @ Apr 8 2009, 07:10 PM)
    QUOTE (tonetoile @ Apr 8 2009, 09:18 PM)
    Agreed. Don't let it get you down AT ALL. Prom is fantastic, but it is just as fantastic to go without a date. I went with a whole group of people (and, honestly, I thought that hanging out and dressing up beforehand was so much more fun than actually being there). You're an awesome person. No one will remember if you had a date to prom or not years from now, but they will know that you're fantastic.

Thanks guys. But I still don't think I'm going unless I find a group to go with - and a dress. But it's a bit late, it's less than 3 weeks way. Eee! And like 2 days after my birthday, so yay, happy birthday to me...

QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 8 2009, 09:14 PM)
    I CAN'T FIGURE OUT THE CHORD PROGRESSION TO "SHOOTING THE MOON" AND IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS. IT STARTS WITH B FLAT AND THAT'S ALL I KNOW.

Oh at least you know something, my friend. I don't do the whole music theory whatever thing. Is this for the guitar or something?