In this Discussion

Complaints Thread

Comments

• QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 24 2009, 04:44 PM)
    addendum to my previous complaint... the taxi cab driver i had going TO the bar had them and was gracious enough to bring them to my apartment!! smile.gif

however, back to the topic @ hand...
    the girl who used to be my friend who is evil and mean and awful is being a borrowed in manager next week at my store... AGAIN. she was borrowed in last week too when our store manager was on vacay, and one of the assistant managers will be gone next week. FML.

Yay and... BOO!!

• Yay Katie! I'm glad to hear you got your keys back.

My complaint:
    I sit in my normal seat on the train and get comfy to take a nap into the city this morning. One stop later an old guy gets into the seat behind me and fluffs and re-fluffs his damn paper. Next stop, another old guy sits down next to first old guy. And then they talk. And talk. And talk. And talk. Like two little old ladies, about nothing. Then one says to the other, "Take out your cell phone, I need to give you a phone number." "No, I don't know how to do that stuff." "It's easy, you just need to hit contacts." "I can't find contacts. What are you talking about?" Blah, blah, blah.

Needless to say, I gathered my stuff and moved.

How rude are these two older "gentlemen" that they see someone sleeping on the train and decide to sit right behind them and start talking in their outside voices. Seriously? Then they bitch and moan when us "youngsters" don't have any manners.
  • Yay for your keys Katie!

I've been flip-flopping about going to a concert and I finally decided that I wanted to go, but tickets are sold out.
  • - term papers... TERM PAPERS!! especially if you have only 2 days left... sad.gif aaaaaaaaaaah, and especially if it's for the course you absolutely HATE! (theory and practises of cultural study research blaaaaaa)

- boyfriend who stays far too long and keeps me from work... ok, ...not really a complaint...

- rain... cold... meh

• - all the tickets for The Killers concerts are sold out
    - it's rainy and very cold here (like it's there where you live majo!)
    - I failed my history test because I learn something different :/
    - have to learn for the physics test tomorrow..and it's soo difficult!!
    - I have a tough cold
  • ICE! Walking to the train this morning I slipped and fell and landed on my right thigh. I'm probably gonna get a nice bruise from it though. Still, ow.
  • electronics breaking before they should!.. my cd player has stopped working, and i've only had it a few months...
  • OMG WHY ARE WE AT WORK TODAY??????? The courts are closed, all the government buildings are closed, WHY THE HELL ARE WE HERE???
  • im really groggy, and tired, and congested, and i think ill probably be raped on the train. cause ill probably fall asleep.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 2 2009, 11:16 AM)
    OMG WHY ARE WE AT WORK TODAY??????? The courts are closed, all the government buildings are closed, WHY THE HELL ARE WE HERE???

I think yesterday was the first snow day Smith College has ever had. Fr srs, I was impressed. I'm sorry you didn't get the day off, though =/ that sucks. How much snow did you get?
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Mar 3 2009, 05:38 PM)
    I think yesterday was the first snow day Smith College has ever had. Fr srs, I was impressed. I'm sorry you didn't get the day off, though =/ that sucks. How much snow did you get?

TBH I'm not entirely sure. I heard we'd gotten something like 6-7 inches in downtown Wilmington, but everyone else got more, and the roads don't get plowed and such in town. Plus all the courts and government buildings in the city were closed, so as a law office did we *really* need to be there?
  • One of my close friends' mum, one of the loveliest women I know, was diagnosed with cancer a while ago, but he insisted that she was responding well to treatment and that she was going to be fine. I don't think he ever really accepted it. Now he's gone home because the doctors say that she's got around two weeks left; I don't go home for another two or three weeks so the chances are I'll never get to see her again. It's awful, his dad walked out years ago so it'll just be him and his sister left. I hate not being able to help, and I hate that in the future I'm going to have to make the same prognosis for patients. Life is fucked.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 4 2009, 11:47 AM)
    One of my close friends' mum, one of the loveliest women I know, was diagnosed with cancer a while ago, but he insisted that she was responding well to treatment and that she was going to be fine. I don't think he ever really accepted it. Now he's gone home because the doctors say that she's got around two weeks left; I don't go home for another two or three weeks so the chances are I'll never get to see her again. It's awful, his dad walked out years ago so it'll just be him and his sister left. I hate not being able to help, and I hate that in the future I'm going to have to make the same prognosis for patients. Life is fucked.

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 4 2009, 11:47 AM)
    One of my close friends' mum, one of the loveliest women I know, was diagnosed with cancer a while ago, but he insisted that she was responding well to treatment and that she was going to be fine. I don't think he ever really accepted it. Now he's gone home because the doctors say that she's got around two weeks left; I don't go home for another two or three weeks so the chances are I'll never get to see her again. It's awful, his dad walked out years ago so it'll just be him and his sister left. I hate not being able to help, and I hate that in the future I'm going to have to make the same prognosis for patients. Life is fucked.

i'm sorry alice, i hope you get to see her before she passes...
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 4 2009, 05:47 PM)

I'm so sorry. Though I'm sure it hurts not to be able to help more, the fact that your thoughts are with him and his family does mean something.

(I'm sure you know this, but it bears repeating: just think of all the people you'll be able to help practicing medicine.)
  • I'm so sorry, Alice. I hope you get to see her or talk to her on the phone before she passes. I feel so sorry for your friend. My thoughts and prayers are with him and you.
  • i can't feel my face. i hate this cold.
  • it's actually comparatively warm here, but I feel your pain Katie.

My complaint is along the lines of not having enough time in the day to do everything I need to do today.
  • Spring Break went by way too fast. And my Birthday was pretty much cut in half since I had to drive all the way back to school dry.gif
  • Stupid freaking wet bus seats. Here's a thought, after cleaning the bus, wait until the carpeted* bus seats are dry BEFORE taking them to the streets where passengers are going to sit on the aforementioned WET seats.

* What numbskull thought it would be a good idea to have seats with carpet fabric on them? Not only will the gum never come out, but the bus rider does not have any indication that a seat might be wet before sitting down unless you do a hand check, which isn't always an option because people are pushing past and in a hurry and yeah.