In this Discussion

Complaints Thread

Comments

• Good luck Kay!!
  • this makes me want to throw up:

http://blog.oregonlive.com/sportsupdates/2...connection.html

The kid that got the shit beat out of him is a friend of ours.
  • I'm so upset! My good friend that I was going to room with in college has now all of a sudden decided to go to a different college. She changed her mind cuz she's getting more money to go to the other college so I would feel bad if I tear at her like I want to. But I wouldn't feel so uterly pissed if it wasn't her in the first place that begged and pleaded for me to go there with her instead of this other college that I really liked. The other college is an Art Institute and the one I'm going to is just a "standard" ,I guess that's the word, college.

And my mom thought that I should go to a normal college first with my friends anyway so I can have a fun typical college experience for a year or two and take the standard classes that are required pretty much everywhere. Like a math class, english, etc. stuff like that, before I go off to the Art Institute where I'll be all alone, because I live in Indiana and the college is in Illinois and no one else is going there. So I figured, what the heck, I'll go for a year and have a blast with my friend since she was begging me to go with her. But now, she's changed her plans and it's the end of the school year, so I'm stuck there! I'm so upset! I don't even really like this college. And all my friends are going to different colleges. So my first year of college is pretty much going to be Hell and I'm pretty upset about it
  • I don't think you should "tear at" your friend, but I do think you have a right to say you're hurt. If she begged you to go with her and then changed her mind, well, she's left you in quite a lurch. HOWEVER, I don't think your first year of school will be so bad. You'll have an opportunity to go meet all new people, make all new friends, learn all new things. It will be a completely fresh start for you. Good luck, Rebekker! biggrin.gif
  • I GOT IN I GOT IN I GOT IN I GO IN I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm positive it was all because of you lovelies and your good vibes! biggrin.gif

I'll tell you aaaall about it after the show!
  • Yey, mixtape. Awesome and fantastic. tongue.gif

Why won't this week end!!?? mad.gif

• ack, thanks you guyses!! I guess this year is all screwed up for college admissions, so I'm not feeling so bad about it now. Like, all my friends' options were messed up too. which, while sucky, isn't so bad if we're all in it together.
    And I know I'll do fine whereever I go, and I got into good colleges, and a waitlist is not NEARLY as bad as a rejection (I got rejected from Brown, but that's it, and I wasn't expecting to get in there anyways cause they never accept kids from my school...)

QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 1 2008, 09:24 AM)
    Tufts? Who wants to go to Tufts? That's practically your backyard. Go AWAY to college.

butbutbut sad.gif I like Tufts. Like, REALLY like Tufts.
    And it doesnt't bother me that it's only 20 minutes away.
    Honestly.
    My mom doesn't want me to go there cause she thinks I'll bring home all my dirty laundry all the time mad.gif
    I mean, I'm pretty sure she's joking, but she still wants me to be further away anyways.
    And I'm 95% sure that, if I did go to Tufts, I would definitely act as though I was going AWAY for college. Like, I wouldn't come home often at all. (except for like, MICCA Wakefield, stuff like that haha)
    I'd probably have to forbid my Dad from coming to see me, but that wouldn't be too bad. I think he'd expect it.
    And it's not much further away than any other college around Boston.
    And I really, REALLY do like it.

I'm debating whether it's worth staying on the waitlist.

yeah still can't freaking decideeee.
  • Awww, Poor Meg. ::HUGS:: I don't mean to put Tufts down, it's a good school! I just think they're idiots for waitlisting you. Don't worry, you've got other schools that actually want you. As for going to school in Boston, I had no idea that you were specifically close to Tufts, I would just generally advise against staying in one's hometown for college, unless you were going to Harvard or Yale or something like that. It's a little too much like 13th grade. Being close to home it's way too tempting to go home for laundry and whatnot - I was 3 hours away and I still brought laundry home on every break!
  • Yeah, I know what you mean Rachel... which is part of why I still have to think about it.

seriously, though, everything this year is messed up.

Like, one of my friends got into Tufts, but rejected from Harvard, and I got waitlisted at both.
    He got waitlisted at Cornell and into Tufts, and this other girl got into Cornell and rejected at Tufts.

It goes on like that for a while. It makes NO sense whatsoever.

Also, Tufts got around 15,725 applications for 1,275 spots. That's almost as insane as Harvard.
    So when you think about it, a waitlist is actually still a really good result. There's no possible way they could admit everyone they wanted.
  • You got Waitlisted at Harvard?! That's superb! Congratulations!!! My husband was flat out rejected by them and he was a great student with great activities, test scores, all that. Good for you, Meg. biggrin.gif
  • Woah, meg, well done for getting waitlisted at Harvard!!!! That's AMAZING!! Good luck lovely, I'm sure you'll be snapped up soon. smile.gif
  • My cousin and I live with the worst person ever. She's inconsiderate, mean and stupid.

Only ONE MORE MONTH of her.
  • -being off work due to one stupid little man getting me so angry that ive had a relapce of my M.E so im now off for the forseeable

- probally not being paid for this time off, and still being owed money from work..

-things that are completely out of my control, but i want so badly to help control..

-my kidney, as i just thwacked it on the door handle (FUCK YOU DOOR HANDLE FOR ALWAYS TRICKING ME)

- one of my fave auto pod-casts, and wrestling writers has retired today..

==

things that are good though, seeing james twise in the next 9ish days, and seeing Y2J next sunday

rache, alie, mel, joe and fel
    you guys are so far beyound words that i can say, and i wouldnt be much without you guys
  • Andy, I begin to really really dislike that door handle of yours, it's the third time I read it hurt you (probably even deliberate! That stupid stupid thing). I'd say hit it for me but I'm scared it'd hit you back, as I'm sure it's totally capable of such a thing, so I curse it from afar and it won't know what's going on, mwahahahaaa

- not knowing what to do tonight... reading the book I have to finish this weekend (I'm currently on page 3), going to "Dom" (Hamburg fair) with my sister and people I dunno OR going out second night in a row with some guy... hm, ok, I kinda know what I want to do, but I'm unsure.... and I hate that.

• UMM JENS LEKMAN (FELS FAVE) AND OWEN PALLET AKA. FINAL FANTASY (MY FAVE) ARE HAVING A CONCERT ON TUES AND I DIDN"T FIND OUT IN TIME AND ITS SOLD OUT. EWWWWWWWWW.

... jens never comes too... sigh...

QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Apr 5 2008, 11:50 AM)
    you guys are so far beyound words that i can say, and i wouldnt be much without you guys

awwww andy!!!!!!!!!!

you are way too rad sir.

• QUOTE (agentnumone @ Apr 5 2008, 07:25 PM)
    UMM JENS LEKMAN (FELS FAVE) AND OWEN PALLET AKA. FINAL FANTASY (MY FAVE) ARE HAVING A CONCERT ON TUES AND I DIDN"T FIND OUT IN TIME AND ITS SOLD OUT. EWWWWWWWWW.

... jens never comes too... sigh...

oh I'm so sorry, gah, I should have told Jens to go to Canada and he would've told me he is in fact going and I could've told you and you'd have tickets... I kinda feel responsible here... sad.gif (I know that's stupid, but I'm sorry)
  • awww no way!!! dont feel responsible!

lol if anyones responsible its oranic chemitry and it taking up much of my concert searching time!!!

smile.gif i think fel and I will go super early and pray to get door tickets
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Apr 5 2008, 11:50 AM)

Awwwww. wub.gif We love you too.
  • why doesn't anything work out right?
    seriously?

and why am i always broke?
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Apr 8 2008, 12:48 AM)
    and why am i always broke?

ah, I second that, Why?

how come everytime I think it's going pretty good something really really bad happens and I lose faith in everything?
    Why am I still up at 2 am to finish that paper, which is done now but so so not good and which needs to be handed in tomorrow? Honestly, second week into this semester and I'm already dead because of the workload.

WHY IS IT STILL SO COLD OUTSIDE???