In this Discussion

Paolo Nutini

Comments

• QUOTE (xxhot-shot-sugarxx @ Jun 18 2008, 11:28 AM)
    YUUPPERRRSSS

weren't you a sophomore last year?
    older men cool.gif hehehe wink.gif

Um...yeah, I was....older men...hahahaha

But he's really young for his grade actually. He was born like 5 days before the cutoff date, which no one really followed anyway. Like one guy in my grade is older than him.

EDIT: Holy OMG. I'm a junior...

AND,

chicken wings!
  • im a junior tooooooooooo
    yayy laugh.gif

CHICKEN WINGS??? blink.gif
  • That's just...too weird, you know?

Creepy. Now I'm a junior? OMG.

Anyways, yes, chicken wings. They were scrumpdillyumptious.

EDIT: I totally see that my birthday rap (yo) is in your siggy. I'm honoured! wub.gif

• QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jun 18 2008, 12:10 PM)
    That's just...too weird, you know?

Creepy. Now I'm a junior? OMG.

Anyways, yes, chicken wings. They were scrumpdillyumptious.

EDIT: I totally see that my birthday rap (yo) is in your siggy. I'm honoured! wub.gif

yeah

haha image

yuuuup
    wub.gif
    i looovee your rap
    haha
    stripperly paolo cracks me up

• QUOTE (xxhot-shot-sugarxx @ Jun 18 2008, 12:25 PM)
    yeah

haha image

yuuuup
    wub.gif
    i looovee your rap
    haha
    stripperly paolo cracks me up

Hahaha at first I was like, Why the heck is she posting a picture of Oompa Loompas? And then I realized I'd used the word "scrumpdillyumptious."

Seriously yo, we should be rappahs.

What wid all our splendor
    It don't matter what our gender.

That picture of Paolo wub.gif

P.S. We've totally forgotten our Paolectra movements!
    I'm thinking video.
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jun 18 2008, 01:44 PM)
    Hahaha at first I was like, Why the heck is she posting a picture of Oompa Loompas? And then I realized I'd used the word "scrumpdillyumptious."

Seriously yo, we should be rappahs.

What wid all our splendor
    It don't matter what our gender.

That picture of Paolo wub.gif

P.S. We've totally forgotten our Paolectra movements!
    I'm thinking video.

haha
    yeah when you said that i just couldn't resist

p.s
    video? as in of paolo? to hypnotize electra?

oo
    more pics
    hehehe

^ haha hes waiting for someone wink.gif
    at the .. MOTEEEELLLLLL tongue.gif
  • ^ Ooh, nice pictures!

And yes, a video to hypnotize Electra!
    Well, not really, seeing as she already is hypnotized by him.
    So maybe to confirm the awesome couple that is Paolectra?

This would be good practice for Vinnie's video, lol.

Oh, and Mia and I decided that we should like exchange stuff for Christmas! Like, cards at least. Or maybe just cards. Handmade Paolo cards, maybe? But IDK why we're planning this now...
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jun 18 2008, 08:15 PM)
    ^ Ooh, nice pictures!

And yes, a video to hypnotize Electra!
    Well, not really, seeing as she already is hypnotized by him.
    So maybe to confirm the awesome couple that is Paolectra?

This would be good practice for Vinnie's video, lol.

Oh, and Mia and I decided that we should like exchange stuff for Christmas! Like, cards at least. Or maybe just cards. Handmade Paolo cards, maybe? But IDK why we're planning this now...

lol
    hmmmmmmm a video is gonna be difficult.

lalala
    thats a cool idea!
    its too bad though cuz i wouldn't be able to do it,
    if my parents found out i was talking to you guys on the internet
    or found a card from a stranger(you or Mia) to me
    they would totally freak and ban me from my computer and life as i know it sad.gif

^ this one is supposed to be paolo when he was little
    idk if its true unsure.gif
  • Ha, I'm pretty sure my parents would do that too.
    But since you're in Oklahoma, I could pass you off as a friend who moved there or something.
    Now as for Mia and Electra...I don't know.

Aw, bless! That cute little probably-Paolo! wub.gif
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jun 19 2008, 02:15 AM)

because in just a veeery few months christmas will kcock at our doors tongue.gif
    Joking...due to the quality of the post offices around here I should be sending a christmas card tomorrow in order to get to the US in time laugh.gif
    Oh Theresa that's too bad that your parents think that we're some internet pervs...sad.gif my mom used to think that too but then I explained that these kinds of forums are usefull to enhance my skills in english wirtting and having interesting conversations with people from around the world. And she was just as exited as I was to meet Katy when she came to Lisbon wink.gif

Maybe we could like hide the senders adress...you really don't have to write the "from" part tongue.gif sneaky I know

oooh little paolo with those cute little bangs!!!!! Just wanna squeeze his cheek laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jun 19 2008, 12:34 AM)
    Ha, I'm pretty sure my parents would do that too.
    But since you're in Oklahoma, I could pass you off as a friend who moved there or something.
    Now as for Mia and Electra...I don't know.

Aw, bless! That cute little probably-Paolo! wub.gif

my parents are freaks they want to know every detail of my life and practically know every detail.
    unsure.gif
    i remember when i sent the joker card to pandy for electra i had to get my best friend to mail it for me huh.gif

QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jun 19 2008, 09:30 AM)
    because in just a veeery few months christmas will kcock at our doors tongue.gif
    Joking...due to the quality of the post offices around here I should be sending a christmas card tomorrow in order to get to the US in time laugh.gif
    Oh Theresa that's too bad that your parents think that we're some internet pervs...sad.gif my mom used to think that too but then I explained that these kinds of forums are usefull to enhance my skills in english wirtting and having interesting conversations with people from around the world. And she was just as exited as I was to meet Katy when she came to Lisbon wink.gif

Maybe we could like hide the senders adress...you really don't have to write the "from" part tongue.gif sneaky I know

oooh little paolo with those cute little bangs!!!!! Just wanna squeeze his cheek laugh.gif

yeah i wish i could tell my parents that, im just scared! haha
    maybe when im 18 lol then if they freak out on me i can be like "screw you im moving out!"

^ for some reason his hand looks mutated

imagewub.gif
  • QUOTE (xxhot-shot-sugarxx @ Jun 19 2008, 05:53 PM)
    my parents are freaks they want to know every detail of my life and practically know every detail.
    unsure.gif
    i remember when i sent the joker card to pandy for electra i had to get my best friend to mail it for me huh.gif

yeah i wish i could tell my parents that, im just scared! haha
    maybe when im 18 lol then if they freak out on me i can be like "screw you im moving out!"

no you'll never be like that because you love them wink.gif you'll just take a deep breath and explain the things like they're children, like I do with mine, unfortunatly over here we don't have the tradition of moving out when we get to college (unless you live far from your college, which isn't my case) so I still live with me parents even though I'm 19 cause my college is only 30minutes away by train (by our standarts I'm not a freak, by US standarts I know I am tongue.gif).

All of this to explain that I have to deal with some things like arriving home after college parties etc etc. In the beggining they weren't too receptive but sometimes you have to make your parents understand (without arguing our yelling) that you'll only be young for a short period of time and there IS limited time to do some stuff...You have to make them see that life isn't just girlfriends and staying home on saturday night. Life is also studying you ass off to get good marks and then partying your ass off to celebrate them.Is also meeting interesting boys.

And there's just one thing that I do demand from my parents: trust. Just because everyone around you is smoking pot doesn't mean I'll do it and they know it...You just have to prove that you're a smart girl and you know what's best for yourself, and that you won't disapoint them. Try to have like small expectations for example: next saturday noght you'll go to the movies and you'll be arriving at 7:00 pm. You just can't go suddently saying that you'll be arriving at 5 am and that you'll be in the club. It's not a sudden process. And believe me they'll never like it. Everytime I put some make up on on friday or saturday night I see my parents going around and giving me dirty looks. It's not that they don't want me to have fun, they just don't want me to grow up tongue.gif

These are just some valuable tips that some friends have given me, I hope it doesn't sound like I'm patronizing you Theresa wink.gif
    Most of all, remember to keep it cool. They maybe yelling at you but if you don't yell back and just leave the room (without throwing the door, that particular move ruins the hole idea) they'll probably go talk to you after a while and apologize wink.gif
  • Thanks Mia smile.gif
    thats some good advice.

and I am pretty sure my parents trust me, they usually let me go out with my friends as long as they know what time I will be back, and I do really good in school and they always say how responsible I am. The only thing they haven't trusted me on in the past year was boys. They wouldn't let me hang out anywhere if there were boys and no parental supervision. But I have a feeling that is going to change since I am sixteen now. (They have mentioned that I can date after I am sixteen.. YES! lol)
    I guess I just need to have self control and be able to not freak out on them if they yell at me.

One of the things that I really want to express to them, that I have been hiding from them for years is, music.
    They only listen to christian music, and they always say how bad other music is, and I do not like all the praise jesus music(even though I am a christian, its just not my thing)
    So I only have about four cd's that are actually not christian, because either my friends bought them for me in secret or they are semi-mellow. Even OK Go is a secret. My biggest problem is fear I guess. I am always scared and paranoid that if they discover my music or anything they don't know about and that they dislike, that they will take it all away from me, which would be like hell because music is the only thing besides art that i LOVE and that helps me through life.
    and then there is you guys, the boardies. A bunch of freakin amazing people I love.

But with your advice, I am seeing that I can't hide everything forever, and someday they will find out and I guess I'm just going to have to toughen up, but stay calm and explain everything and hopefully they will understand.

• exactlly! if you start acting like a child, you'll be treated like a child, if you act like an adult sometimes they get confused which is good wink.gif
    About music, you should introduce your parents some soft bands and soft music. There are a load of artists that don't talk about extreme stuff but just about nature or even God but not in that boring way that you usually hear in the church (I'm also christian and one of the things that really bugged me when I was singing in the choir was that people were just singing sad songs!!! I just kept saying "if you're praying you should be happy, not just singing about how sad it was when Jesus died, you should sing about the good stuff too, God doesn't want us to be unhappy and I'm defenetly unhappy when I sing these songs"). But then it was just a bunch of old ladies and I just quited. tongue.gif no one made me do that, I just sang in the chruch because I love to sing and I love music.

You just have to show your parents that everything is music!! And it's such a delicate form of art that you can't restrict yourself to just the tippical christian music, there are a looooot more kinds that also talk about deep and spiritual things.And also other stuff. Do your parents know the old school stuff?? Show them covers to see that music evolved...If not, let them know that there were 4 guys that called themselves "beatles" and please, no one can resist the beatles wink.gif they'll see that rock and roll is not a work of the devil laugh.gif is just music with a fast rithm

About boys...well parents will ALWAYS freak out about that, we're girls it's normal tongue.gif My parents kinda tryied once or twice to do something like yours did but I was always straight and they just get embarased when you do that. For example, my best friend is a guy and I've known him since I was 6. We do almost everything together and he knows my parents and I know his. Some years ago he had to come to my house to give me something I can't recall right now and my parents weren't home. I just said to my mom "oh mom latter Johnny will be here" and my mom was like "WHAT? you two alone here??" I just laughed my ass off (because we're just the best friends in the world but NOT that way...) and said "what do you think will happen???I'll jump on his bones as soon as he crosses the door???? LOOOOL" then my mom had the decency to feel ashamed and never made those kinds of questions again. It's like if you really want to do something with a boy, you'll do it anyway and they'll never know! (this is not something you should tell them tongue.gif but it's true) You can have boyfriends as well as girlfriends and just have guy friends without anything happening...they should stop being paranoic.

But don't fell pushed to kiss someone or like date just because you're 16...really you still have time sweetie. Sometimes it's better to make new friends then to have lausy dates wink.gif I had the 16-year-old-panic and it's not good LOL.
  • i've always felt awkward about having never been kissed because all my friends have had boyfriends all the way back into middle school and have kissed and i just feel left out when they are talking about their love life. but i am not gonna try to rush into things. i've always been nervous about dating anyways, since im super shy.
    all i want to do is make some new friends and meet new people (including boys ) and if it turns out that one of my new friends is a boy and he happens to like me and i like him and he asks me out then i don't have to stress about how my parents won't let me go out. but even if that doesn't happen ill still be glad to hang out with all my best friends including the boy ones.

p.s
    smile.gif
    your the best biggrin.gif
    thanks for talking to me about all this stuff.
    its helping me a LOT
    *hugs all the way to where you are*

p.p.s
    oh and yes my parents do know all the old school stuff, and they like a lot of it, but they always say how bad some of it was and how the musicians did drugs a lot, and they grew up through the hippie times and my aunt was a hippie and her life was kinda screwy, so i think my parents are just trying to protect me from anything that could happen
  • ooh no problem dear *hugs* biggrin.gif I'm an only child and I which someone had talked to me about these kinds of stuff. Fortunatlly I have amazing friends and they give me lots of support and usefull advice wink.gif that I try to share
    About not being kissed, let me tell you that I was only kissed at 17. And so you and me we are not freaks or out of the ordinary, it just didn't happen sonner.

And don't worry about being shy because the person who's right for you is the one that makes you fell confortable, so you don't need to be shy. Everyone's shy in the first kiss!;)

I'm really glad that I'm able to help you Theresa wink.gif
  • smile.gif okay smile.gif

i feel better after talking

oh dear, it looks like paolo wishes he had a good advice giver like mia, hes so confused!

wink.gif

• oooh I wouldn't mind at all advising him eheheh wub.gif God I looooove his eyes...sexy look..
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jun 19 2008, 03:18 PM)
    oooh I wouldn't mind at all advising him eheheh wub.gif God I looooove his eyes...sexy look..

hehe
    im sure he wouldn't mind either wink.gif wink.gif
    uuuuuh the "flash" mooove laugh.gif in this case we wouldn't mind if there wasn't anything underneath the trench tongue.gif