In this Discussion

Interpol

Comments

• awh, thanks for those interviews and stuff, vinnie!

... yeah, their boards annoy the heck outta me. but oh well.

oh, and anything that's ever been printed about the guys can be found at www.interpolarchives.com... honestly, it's insane how much stuff is there.

gosh, I'm so excited... I honestly can't wait.
  • OMG that site is amazing!!! thanks milky!!!!!! wub.gif

HAHA i could spend forever there!

cool.gif
  • haha, I know.
    I HAVE spent forever there.
    the lady who runs it is also a Moderator at the Interpol forums, and she did (does?) these intense trivia contests with awesome prizes and everything.. I've only tried one, once... but I was on that site so much it was insane.

JB and vinnie, I wish I could go to a show with you! If only we didn't live so far away from each other... =(
  • ^^

awww, i know! we should all go to ny some day and watch them there...ahh, that would be awesome!

and interpolarchives is f-in awesome!!

that guy/girl moderator is crazy, and yeah, i hate the boards. i hardly post but im on there like crazy!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhh

im so excited for october!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i think i might pre-order the cd from itunes too...i NEED TO MAKE SURE I GET GA TICKETS!!!

so, that means ima have 3 copies of olta...crazy!
  • wait, three?

how'd that happen?

haha I have two of Antics already.... I probably will end up with multiple copies of OLTA, but not before it even comes out! =O

five days =) so exciting.
  • ^^^

oh, cuz i pre-ordered from the interpol website (deluxe edition)
    itunes
    and since im prob not getting the one i pre-ordered the day of, im getting the regular one.

oh, and yeah, i have both copies of antics too
    i love all their remixes...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

im excited!!!!!!!!!!! 5 days, 1 hour, and 59 minutes biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • haha nice. that's actually not a bad idea.... although my parents would think I was crazy if I went out and bought the regular version.

and that's like a countdown!! on the 9th, we're gonna have a continuous countdown. totally.

they sound REALLY good live.. like honestly, sometimes I can't tell when they're live or when it's a recording. and it's LOVELY. <3
  • ^^

haha, omg, im gonna be so excited!!! IM ALREADY UNBELIEVABLY EXCITED!!

i can't spend the whole listening to the cd tho sad.gif
    im going to some concert...ahhhh, such a horrible day for a concert

omg, and live...ive seen them once...it was FUCKEN AMAZING!!!
    awwwwww, that was my first concert...i had floor tickets too, right in front of paul...<3
    i was soo nervous, awwww, memories....i didn't even know either, my sister surprised my bro and i....omg, that was an amazing day biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
    JB and vinnie, I wish I could go to a show with you! If only we didn't live so far away from each other... =(

aaawww im actually teary thinking of how amazing it would be if we could go and how awful it is that we can't!!!

i guess we'll have NY... eventually. that settles it, milky, you're coming too!!!!!!

cant wait for the one day countdownn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Jul 5 2007, 01:10 AM)
    omg, and live...ive seen them once...it was FUCKEN AMAZING!!!
    awwwwww, that was my first concert...i had floor tickets too, right in front of paul...<3
    i was soo nervous, awwww, memories....i didn't even know either, my sister surprised my bro and i....omg, that was an amazing day biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

yeah, I've seen them once too smile.gif. I was pretty far back, but barely anyone was in their seats yet, cause they were all there to see The Killers... I should have moved up, but I was too scared. It was still amazing though.
    I also saw Robbers On High Street and the Killers the same day. Louis XIV played but I was too busy waiting in line for Interpol to sign stuff, so I missed them... but I did get a poster signed! except Paul wasn't @ the signing booth.... so no Paul mad.gif. But I have everyone else's signature on a poster up on my wall.

and JB, yes I'm coming! how could I miss it?

I love this poster...
  • ooo i want that poster!!!
  • that is a really sweet poster!! omg it's so hot!

Ooo and guess what!

i can write BIG!!!

INTERPOL IS AWESOME!

cool.gif
  • ^^
    hahah, awwwwwwwwwww
    QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jul 5 2007, 01:58 PM)
    yeah, I've seen them once too smile.gif. I was pretty far back, but barely anyone was in their seats yet, cause they were all there to see The Killers... I should have moved up, but I was too scared. It was still amazing though.
    I also saw Robbers On High Street and the Killers the same day. Louis XIV played but I was too busy waiting in line for Interpol to sign stuff, so I missed them... but I did get a poster signed! except Paul wasn't @ the signing booth.... so no Paul mad.gif. But I have everyone else's signature on a poster up on my wall.

and JB, yes I'm coming! how could I miss it?

I love this poster...

omg, i have that poster!!!!

its the sexiest shizit EVAH!!!!!!

that concert sounds AWESOME!!!!
    ive seen the killers once too...the place was HUGE...i almost died! crazy fans
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Jul 3 2007, 07:02 AM)
    EDIT: NEW PERFORMANCES AND INTERVIEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=WaitingForTime
    wub.gif wub.gif

youtube is working!!!!!! i can finally watch all those videos!!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif YES!!
  • ^^^

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

yay!!!!!

be careful tho, lots of new songs..
  • INTERPOL on some german mag...supposedly its their first german cover...
    umm, idk if there is any english translation but, supposedly its real depressing
    It's an article and an interview with Paul. Basically it's about darkness and emptiness and about rising above it all by means of music. About how it was to discover Interpol back in 2002, about memories of the Antics tour and what it's like to see them again now. There's also a review of the concert in Kulturkirche Köln a few weeks ago.

Paul is talking about wanting to write a book and, generally, about the danger of failing and the necessity to take a risk.

And he is talking about the drugs. Haven't seen that in any other interview before. Reviewers were commenting on the lyrics, of course, but they didn't ask openly about it (or they did, but didn't get an answer). It seems that the author was with Paul and Carlos after the concert in Hamburg in 2005, when, according to the author, loads of cocaine were consumed. In the interview, Paul says that he was ruining himself, being awake until the afternoon four times a week, not going out of the hotel any more, losing his girlfriend. It's almost to intimate to write it here, but then, it's an official interview... He says he did it because he was "bored" and that this phase of self-destruction is over now.

from someone on the interpol mb

sad.gif i dont like this.....................but i guess its good that hes changed.
  • ^^aww.. its because you weren't in his life vinnie!!
  • Poor Banksy!! I find it really upsetting reading articles like that, he was pretty messed up. Thank goodness he's back on track now, i just hate to think how he could have ruined his life so easily.

Aww I'm sure he'll feel much better when we kidnap him, obviously because he'll have us to comfort him ................. and he'll be naked

smile.gif
  • aww, poor paul...

like others have said, it's depressing to think about, but at the same time a big relief that it's in the past.
    I knew there was a reason they looked like hell at the end of that tour.. I mean, other than the constant touring, that is...

FOUR DAYS.

=)

it's so close!
  • ^^^
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

i know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4 days
    QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Jul 7 2007, 02:24 AM)
    Poor Banksy!! I find it really upsetting reading articles like that, he was pretty messed up. Thank goodness he's back on track now, i just hate to think how he could have ruined his life so easily.

Aww I'm sure he'll feel much better when we kidnap him, obviously because he'll have us to comfort him ................. and he'll be naked

smile.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

awwwwwww