In this Discussion

Teeny OK Go!

Comments

• Ahhhh! I missed your stories Tempe!!

Is it really strange that when I read this
    I handed Little Damian the phone, confused. Apparently, he had ordered pizza, a clown, acrobats and possibly an elephant.

I had this really strange image in my head of LD running to and fro each end of the telephone thats sitting on the kitchen counter? Like talking into one end and then quickly dashing back to listen to what the person at the other end had to say? Hahahaha laugh.gif I am thinking way too much into this!

Happy belated b'day to LD along with Regular!Damian.
  • SOOOO CUTE!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 7 2007, 04:18 AM)
    "This is so fucking awesome!" He shouted.

sounds like something teeny damian would say...

tongue.gif best story ever
  • Tempe, I just caught up with reading all your stories and they're just so...heartwarming and sweet and ooooh, so wonderful.
    My favorite part is when they're at the party store and Big Person asks where the balloons are and the cashier thinks she's being spoken to and Damian is amused. It just sort of the ultimate moment of "I have a secret OK Go world and it's awesome."
  • You guys is sweet! *pinch all your little cheeks*

I went on a tour of an old mansion in Flagstaff. For 25 cents, I could keep the little brochure pamplet. The whole reason why I purchased the pamplet was because a paragraph in it amused me and reminded me of Teeny rock stars:

"The stone circle before you was designed and used by the family for evening gatherings and fireside talks. It also recalls an Irish tradition that fairies could be deterred from creating mischief inside the house by providing them a place to light little fires and dance through the night."
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 16 2007, 08:50 PM)
    "The stone circle before you was designed and used by the family for evening gatherings and fireside talks. It also recalls an Irish tradition that fairies could be deterred from creating mischief inside the house by providing them a place to light little fires and dance through the night."

!!

That's amazing.
  • ooohhh, I smell another story coming on!
    I wonder if I could try my own hand at them.... I'm a pretty good writer, all things considered.
    plus that would be so absolutely adorable- Teeny Ok Gos dancing around a fire pit in the middle of the fireplace? I mean, honestly... tongue.gif
    I wonder if I could try my own hand at them.... I'm a pretty good writer, all things considered.
    plus that would be so absolutely adorable- Teeny Ok Gos dancing around a fire pit in the middle of the fireplace? I mean, honestly...

Do it Milky! It'll be fun!
  • Help, I suck at photoshop. But here's my little attempt:

• Owner of Little Damian:

"'Nobody bodders me!' Tiny Tim sang in a pitched voice.
    "Nobody bodders me edder!" Little Damian repeated.
    "Nobody bodders me!" Tiny Tim sang.
    "Nobody bodders me edder!" Little Damian repeated.

"Quiet!" I shouted. "I told you, I have a test to study for."
    "You promised to take us to the park," Little Damian insisted.
    "I know, but the plan's changed."
    "Andy was going to show us how to cook a hotdog using solar power," Little Damian asserted.
    "Look," I said, trying to negotiate, "I brought you home a balloon to say I'm sorry. We'll go to the park tomorrow, ok?"
    "...Alright, but you asked for it," was Little Damian's only reply.
    "What's the supposed to mean?" I asked.
    "Nothing, sweetie, just you go ahead and continue with your studying ok?"
    "Okay..." I had my suspicions that he was up to something. When the tone of his voice got too cutesy and sweet, it was never a good sign. I heard the Teenies tinkering about in the kitchen, clinking objects, and dashing across the floor. Despite this, they were being relatively quiet, so I ignored whatever they were puttting together and got to studying.

I had my notes spread out in front of me on the living room floor. Meanwhile, I heard a soft sound like a distant engine starting up and idliing. Must be the neighbors next door getting read to go for a drive, I thought. I didn't notice the object steadily and slowly rising behind me. The object jetted it's way forward. The object was an engine driven hot air balloon the Teenies had crafted from the balloon I had brought home. They stood inside a little woven basket that I usually kept by the sink to hold spare change. Diminutive Dan stood at one end of a basket turning a crank. The crank propelled the balloon forward and released bubbles out the end of the basket. Runty Rusty was at the helm with a steering wheel. Little Damian wore aviator sunglasses and a scarf commanding Runty Rusty where to steer the balloon. Tiny Tim held a bag full of something. The balloon hovered, coming to a stop in mid air over me.
    "Ready? Fire!" Little Damian shouted.
    Suddenly, I was being pelted at with marshmellows, raisins, and jelly beans hidden in the sack Tiny Tim was holding. With eight tiny hands and plenty of ammunition, the air raid wouldn't stop.

"Alright! Alright!" I shouted, trying to sheild my face from the assault. "What do you want?"
    "Take us to the park!" Little Damian said.
    "I'm busy!" I shot back.
    "Then we continue the attack." Little Damian gestured to Runty Rusty and Diminutive Dan. They moved behind Tiny Tim, who looked surprised and confused about what was going on. They picked him up and started to swing him back and forth, ready to throw him at me.
    "Hold it!" Little Damian suddenly said. He turned towards me, "Dan's got a good idea, you should listen to."
    We all looked to him. "Now?" He asked Little Damian carefully.
    "Yeah, go ahead."
    "Well," Diminutive Dan said, "You seem pretty stressed couped up in the house studying. So why don't you bring your books to the park. We get to see Andy's solar cooking demonstration, and you get your studying done in some fresh air. It'll give you a change of scenery."
    "Hmm," I thought about it for a minute. It seemed as if Diminutive Dan had this idea ready the whole time, but Little Damian wanted to put some fear into me. I didn't really like that, but I did like Diminutive Dan's idea. "Alright, let's do that then." I said cheerily.
    "Great!" They shouted, clapping with glee.
    "Hey man, we weren't really going to throw you overboard." Little Damian said to Tiny Tim, hitting his shoulder appreciatively.
    "We just needed the affect," Runty Rusty added.
    "Oh, gosh, ok," Tiny Tim said, still a bit confused by the whole thing.
    Runty Rusty turned the ship around, and Diminutive Dan went back to turning the engine crank, a stream of balloons came out the back end of the basket as it floated away.

Meanwhile, I gathered up my books and got ready to take the Teenies to the park, on one condition: they leave the hot air balloon at home!"
  • Aww that was a cute story. I love how the teenies have such great creations! Lol. Awesome Tempe just awesome!
  • That was just absolutely delightful, Tempe. No other word will fit to describe it.
  • aww i wish I had a little hot air balloon too!
  • Owner of Little Damian:

"You know what's the best thing about Thanksgiving? Having the day off from school! Yep, a whole Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday to kick back on the sofa and catch-up on some tv watching. And that's just what I was doing: lounging on the sofa with a soda and the remote control on that lovely Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Until...

"Ahem."
    I looked over to find Little Damian sitting on top of the sofa. "What's up?" I said.
    "Well, shouldn't you be getting to cooking?"
    "Why?"
    "It's Thanksgiving."
    "So? It's also my vacation."
    "That's no excuse. You're just going to sit here on the sofa all weekend and let the four of us starve?"
    "It's never been a problem before."
    "Look at Tim, he's desperate to put on his annual Thanksgiving pageant and you're not even going to help." Tiny Tim sat in the corner scribbling furiously at a piece of paper. I half expected him to be writing with a quill feather.
    "I'll help. I just don't see how cooking is going to help."
    "Someone's got to put together the feast," Little Damian insisted.
    "Well, who usually did that before me?"
    "Have we ever even had a Thanksgiving pageant before?" Runty Rusty asked, laying sprawled out on the coffee table doing a crossword puzzle with Diminutive Dan.
    Little Damian quickly changed the subject back to me, "That doesn't matter, sweetie. We've decided to make you apart of our festvities. And that means, you get to cook!"
    "Sounds like you're just trying to sweet talk me into doing work."
    "Nonsense!"
    "Or maybe some sense" Diminutive Dan muttered quietly to himself with a smirk.
    "Here, be a dear and go out food shopping. I've made you a list." Little Damian tossed a rolled up ball of paper at me containing the list of grocery items he wanted. I uncrinkled it.
    "It's the day before Thanksgiving. Do you know how packed the grocery stores are going to be?" I said.
    "Hey, you're the one that waited till the last minute."
    "You're the one who only told me just this last second about all this." I read part of the list aloud, "'Fresh cranberries, not frozen. Tender asparagus--not too tender. Almond slivers, butter, wine. Yams without blemishes. Marshmellows--not too mushy. Rice--not too ricey.' I'm not even sure how to pick out some of these items."
    "Oh yeah," Tiny Tim said. "Don't forget to get a bag of chocolate chips and some canned olives too."
    "You aren't going to make surprise cookies or something are you, Tim?" Diminutive Dan asked.
    "No, I'm never mixing olives and chocolate together ever again!--"
    Before Tiny Tim could go on to explain that thought, I interrupted him. "Alright, wait a minute," I read over the list carefully. "There aren't any hidden friends on this list are there? No old friends who live in jars of mustard or can of relish?"
    "Hey, that's a good idea! We should invite some people shouldn't we?" Little Damian said to Tiny Tim.
    "Yeah, I guess," Tiny Tim said.
    "Alright then, give me that list, I've got some things to add--" Little Damian insisted.
    "No, nevermind!" I said. I quickly forced myself up off of the soft spot of the sofa and got ready to go.

Food shopping on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving was not pretty. There was a swarm of old ladies and pushy men getting in my way. Who knew Thanksgiving could be such a big deal. I was getting pretty fed-up with people crashing their carriages at me, children screaming, and unhelpful store workers. The final straw was reaching for a bottle of soda at the same time as an old lady. She pushed my hand out of the way grabbed the bottle, and shoved it in the area under her cart. I swear I could've picked up my purse and start beating her up with it. Instead I sighed and turned away to look for a different soda that Little Damian would tolerate. Then, I felt something hit my ankle. I looked down to see the bottle of soda had rolled over to me. Little Damian sat on top of it proudly, waving hello to me. I grabbed up the soda and placed Little Damian in the child seat hidden amongsty the tomatos, bread, and to the left of the turkey. "I knew you couldn't handle shopping on your own, so I decided to tag along," he presumed.
    "Just don't make a scene" I said.
    "What me? When have I ever done that?"
    "Just stay hidden. I've got almost everything on your list."
    But Little Damian didn't listen, instead he demanded I turn down the next aisle. He climbed out of the carriage and onto the shelves. He started tossing assorted items in the carriage, explaining why the ingredients would come in so handy. "Are you even listening?" he said.
    I couldn't listen. I just kept pushing the carriage forward, and moved my hand in front of Little Damian to make it look like I was the one throwing the ingredients into the cart.
    The very last item on Little Damian's list was a bag of Starbuck coffee, and it must have been the most important item on the list being that it was triple underlined and surrounded by asterisks. As I reached for the bag of Starbucks, a lady got in my way and grabbed it. "Hey that's not yours!" Little Damian insisted.

He jumped into the woman's cart. She didn't notice, but she began to push her cart away from me. "Little Damian! Come back here!" I thought.
    I tried to follow her, but it was hard with so many people and so many carriages in the store. Finally, I caught up to her at the bakery. I saw the bag of Starbucks moving closer and closer to escaping from the carriage. "Um," I went over to the woman. "Don't I know you?" I said, trying to distract her so that Little Damian could get his bag of Starbucks out of her cart.
    "No, I don't think so," she said.
    "Are you sure? You look like someone I know."
    "Look, I'm very busy," she said. She turned away from me. As she did so, I noticed Little Damian and his bag of Starbucks had made it safely out of her cart and into mine, so I moved toward the check-out line as quickly as possible.

I stuffed Little Damian into my purse, then began to unload my groceries. We made it through check-out. While I reviewed the receipt near the exit of the store, Little Damian suddenly said with indignation "I could've helped put things on the conveyor belt you know."
    "You keep quiet" I muttered.
    An old lady smiled as she walked past me, "I talk to my turkey too. I find it helps it come out plumper in the oven if show it I care."
    "Um, let's get out of here," I muttered.

The next day, the Teenys went to work with their Thanksgiving celebration. I didn't get to watch any tv. Diminutive Dan wanted to watch sports and eat chips. Without a tv to watch, I decided to help with the cooking. I had no choice in the matter anyway, Little Damian and Runty Rusty put me to work cooking for them. They insisted I set the table as drawn up in a diagram by Tiny Tim. While we ate, Tiny Tim put on his own one man show where he played both pilgrim and Indian all at once. The dinner ended when the Teenys became so stuffed they couldn't move. I took advantage of this by watching all the tv I wanted with no interruptions!"
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 22 2007, 10:53 AM)
    Owner of Little Damian:

"I read part of the list aloud, "'Fresh cranberries, not frozen. Tender asparagus--not too tender. Almond slivers, butter, wine. Yams without blemishes. Marshmellows--not too mushy. Rice--not too ricey.' I'm not even sure how to pick out some of these items."

An old lady smiled as she walked past me, "I talk to my turkey too. I find it helps it come out plumper in the oven if show it I care."

These lines had me literally crying with laughter. i couldn't breathe, Tempe. You're a genius. biggrin.gif
  • laugh.gif laugh.gif That was so cute!

btw, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who's celebrating today!!!!
  • Haha! Damian always gets what he wants now doesn't he haha. Great work Tempe!
  • QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Nov 22 2007, 02:11 PM)
    Haha! Damian always gets what he wants now doesn't he haha.

Hey, the man needs his Starbucks. Speaking of which, my sister went on a long tirade yesterday about what makes Starbucks so much better than all the other coffees, but I stopped listening cause I don't agree. laugh.gif
  • I love the Thanksgiving pageant.
    I reeeeally love the Thanksgiving pageant smile.gif

Can he sing Timothy Turkey please? B/c that's the best Thanksgiving song ever and Tim's name is in it, teehee!
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Nov 22 2007, 05:33 PM)
    Can he sing Timothy Turkey please? B/c that's the best Thanksgiving song ever and Tim's name is in it, teehee!

Lol! That is awesome! What are the lyrics to it?