In this Discussion

Teeny OK Go!

Comments

• QUOTE (katieyellow @ Aug 10 2007, 12:13 AM)
    i'm in love with this thread.
    and everyone who posts in it.

Aww, I'm touched smile.gif
  • successfully added the myspace smile.gif
  • Hmm...is anyone else having the problem that this topic wont show up as that it has new posts?
  • yeah im having that problem too
  • Okay, so it's not just me smile.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 9 2007, 07:26 PM)
    Re: water
    *sigh* Well, I'm hanging onto my image of tiny Damian trying desperately to climb into a glass of water to get big again, because I love it. biggrin.gif

The way this story's shaping up, it sounds like Teeny OK Go should always have been teeny--they don't need a full-sized backstory, I think ... They seem like always-have-been-teeny entities. They're OK Go's little evil doppelgangers.

Owner of Little Dami:

I was watching an odd sci-fi show about a shrinking man. He didn't know what to do. One day he got real small and fell into a glass of water. Suddenly just like that, he became big again. But then he started to grow and grow and grow. I got bored and wanted to flip the channel. "Hey wait, I'm watching that!" Little Damian said. I looked up to see Little Damian perched on top of the sofa. Tiny Tim and Diminutive Dan sat on the floor under the coffee table. "This is boring," Tiny Tim said.
    "Yeah," I agreed.
    "No, it's scientific!" Little Damian insisted.
    "Seems more like a cheap copy of 'Alice in Wonderland' to me," Diminutive Dan shrugged.
    "Just you watch!" Little Damian insisted. "Andy! Get over here!" Runty Rusty obediently but somewhat reluctantly emerged from the pantry. Little Damian looked toward me. "Get a glass of water," he told me. "Cold or hot?" I asked. "Doesn't matter. Whatever they used in the movie." A few minutes later, I came back with lukewarm water in a large tea cup.

"Alright Andy," Little Damian said.
    "What?" Runty Rusty asked.
    "Hop in!"
    "Why?"
    "Because! I don't wanna get wet."
    "Neither do I."
    "Fine. Tim you do it."
    "No, I think I'll pass the ball back to you, Damian."
    "What are you planning anyway," I asked Little Damian.
    "Watch! Here hold my coat and shoes." He wriggled out of his shoes and coat and passed them to me to hold. So tiny they were in my normal sized hand.
    He jumped in the cup w/ a splash. We all stared at him waiting for something to happen. He kept hoping in and out of the water but nothing happened. "Are you trying to make yourself grow to Big People size?" I asked.
    "It worked in the movie!" He insisted. "Just because it's on tv doesn't mean it's real." I said. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Oh well....Hey, bring me a towel! This water is cozy. Get me some rose petals. Oh, and can't you do something to make this water fizz?"

Little Damian had created his own hot tub and was completely unwilling to share w/ his other friends. But ah well, it kept him quiet if not demanding."
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 9 2007, 07:38 PM)
    Hey now! It really happened--in the alternate fictional reality involving actual shrunken OK Go members (which the Teeny OK Go one does not have).

Lol, like grow your own date? I have a hillarious little "Grow Your Own Nerd" that you place in water and it grows to bigger size.
  • haha this is amazing i love it
  • BTW, if you want them to have been big sized at one point, the above narrative would be the place for it
  • You guys have been busy while I was at school!! Now I have to catch up on all the amazingness!!

Goodness, i love you guys!!! Seriously, where else but the OK Go forum would you find people dedicating a myspace to teeny rockstars?! wub.gif
  • OMG, Tempe-- laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
    I love it!

All of it, but I just have to bring out these quotes:
    QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Aug 10 2007, 12:44 AM)
    "No, I think I'll pass the ball back to you, Damian."
    I can completely hear Tim saying that.

Get me some rose petals.

Btw, I had never heard of "Grow Your Own Date." That's pretty funny biggrin.gif
  • Tempe! Your writing is so delicious!
    You are tons better than JK Rowling- I don't care how much money she makes
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Aug 9 2007, 11:30 PM)
    Tempe! Your writing is so delicious!
    You are tons better than JK Rowling- I don't care how much money she makes

Aww *blushing* No one's ever called anything I've done delicious. You're all too kind.

Now, get me some rose petals!
  • Rose petals for Rose

• biggrin.gif

Psst, click the smilie.

Love the new story, Tempe! Damian would definitely try and get Andy to hop in first. tongue.gif

I vote for the Teenies having always been teeny.

Edit: Aww, Sheri. You just beat me. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Aug 10 2007, 01:58 AM)
    Edit: Aww, Sheri. You just beat me. tongue.gif
    Ha, yours fit better--they're in water!
  • Ok, I finally caught up on everything and I must say, Tempe, you are an absolute genius!!
    You had me giggling and awww-ing, they're all fantastic stories!

I can see these being released as picture books someday! Really, really good picture books! They have that whimsical feel and the illustrations could be provided by all the talented photoshoppers we have here!
  • Kim, Kim! Your talents are needed!

Well, until Kim can come back, I made a few things. These are not worthy of Tempe's stories, but here's a paltry attempt to illustrate her marvelous teeny epic:

I don't know if you're interested in this type of thing, Krista. If you are, I'll post the others.
  • Ohhh my god! AWESOME!
  • AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH oh my GOD sally. i'm crying.

tears of joy. and laughter.

that's one of the few things i DO know how to do on photoshop... but it's on a computer that's not hooked up to the internet.