In this Discussion

Motivational Posters

Comments

• ChristelAdina said:

OKGO

Why doesn't this show up clearly when I post it here? :(

Compression kills with most reds online - you need to fiddle with it to get the red to be clear. Some shades, tints and hues of blue and green have issues too. I fiddle with colors when I make Facebook Flair so it's as clear as possible.

All that said - I hardily approve of this poster!

• I love these posters! This is such a fun thread.

violetchaos364 said:How did your sweater get so far back on stage??

Amber,

Here's my sweater story.  Sorry to those who have already heard it.  Just move along and skip the rest of this post.Smile

Well, that's not really a "stage", it's the floor at Design Miami.  And they weren't actually performing in that photo, it was a mini-photo shoot after their show.

My sweater was draped over my purse and fell off while I was having my picture taken with Andy.  Here's when it fell (look in front of Damian and pay no attention to my big butt).  I didn't realize it was missing until after I left the room.  When I went back to look for it they were doing the shoot and there was my sweater under Damian's foot. (here's my bad, shakey, no-flash pic taken while waiting).

And after I got home I found strands of fur from the laser guitars on it.  Bonus!

• Snack_Cakes said:

I love these posters! This is such a fun thread.

violetchaos364 said:How did your sweater get so far back on stage??

Amber,

Here's my sweater story.  Sorry to those who have already heard it.  Just move along and skip the rest of this post.Smile

Well, that's not really a "stage", it's the floor at Design Miami.  And they weren't actually performing in that photo, it was a mini-photo shoot after their show.

My sweater was draped over my purse and fell off while I was having my picture taken with Andy.  Here's when it fell (look in front of Damian and pay no attention to my big butt).  I didn't realize it was missing until after I left the room.  When I went back to look for it they were doing the shoot and there was my sweater under Damian's foot. (here's my bad, shakey, no-flash pic taken while waiting).

And after I got home I found strands of fur from the laser guitars on it.  Bonus!

Thanks for sharing the story and pictures (whose are they? I have poster ideas! LOL!). Finding laser guitar fur is awesome!

Side note: I have a picture in my head, and possibly somewhere on paper, of what a laser guitar animal would look like in the wild... yes, I knowEmbarassed ...the idea actually came from about ten years ago when my best friend and I came back from a tour and I helped her talk her mom into letting her cover the piano with pink fur and polka dots (and googly eyes and little strips of fairy lights, naturally). We came up with a bunch of Wild Instruments. Anyway...

Amber: Yeah, I fiddled with a bunch of different shades and combination to try to make it look ok. I failed. That said, I have to ask, was there a slip of the typing in your approval of my poster? I'm not sure how to take that. Wink

• DAMIAN

Ok, now back to work.

• Is there a vote/like/awesome button here? No?

Well, then, that one is SPECTACOUS!! (wtf spelling?)!

• Amber: Yeah, I fiddled with a bunch of different shades and combination to try to make it look ok. I failed. That said, I have to ask, was there a slip of the typing in your approval of my poster? I'm not sure how to take that. Wink

What? >peers<

Oh good grief!

What to do when your vocabulary exceeds your spelling/typing??

HEARTILY! I heartily approve of the 3D/4 poster!

And I looked it up to make sure I was typing what I think I was typing (thank you again, m-w.com):

Function: adverb

Date: 14th century

1 : in a hearty manner
    2 a : with all sincerity : wholeheartedly b : with zest or gusto
    3 : wholly, thoroughly  Laugh

Also, white pretty much is the way to go on this motivation posters, or lighter primary or secondary colors. Reds are the worst no matter what you do. Bolding the type helps. A font like Impact tends to be too narrow for colors on these things - wider fonts like Berlin Sans work better. Anything fancy, though, you go back to your own sadly inadequate Windows Paint. ( I have a freebie program - @ Paint.Net.)

But, you chose the CORRECT COLORS for the theme of the poster – the red and blue of the 3D glasses, so whaddaya goin' to do?

Interestingly enough, and a side note, on FB flair, black is hard to get right, especially with neon type pinks, oranges, electric blues and greens. (Side, side note-I did all the 'Blue' themes flair, and you can tell the different shades of black I had to use with the colors I wanted.)

• Christel,

The "photo shoot" pics came from here. (That's also where I got the photos to make Bunny's guitar.)

And the Battleship Wink photo came from here. (You may need to be logged into Facebook.)

I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

• violetchaos364 said:

Is there a vote/like/awesome button here? No?

Well, then, that one is SPECTACOUS!! (wtf spelling?)!

I think maybe the word you're trying to find is SPECTACIOUS. It has nothing to do with SEO keywords, but it isn't quite the same as SPECTACULOUS, either.

Here's how SPECTACIOUS would apply to Tim:

SPECTACIOUS

And here's how it applies to OKGo in general:

SPECTACIOUS

Laugh I need sleep. Gotta finish proposals later today. Proposals! Not Posters!

• I vote "aye!" to the Damian Dictionary-themed posters.
  • Well, does that come from the Damian Dictionary? I was just making it up (and maybe Amber was too). I keep finding things he says that have long been entries in Christel's Concordance, which is a part of The Christel Compendium (aka Big Book of Bullshit). I guess it doesn't surprise me that something I thought that I had just thought of would be a Damianism (from the VernaKulash? Maybe? Nah…).

OKGo is all-pervasive.

After today's appointments, the part where I pretend I'm actually going to do the laundry and a bit of writing on The Perpetual Proposal, I will make more OKGo-themed vocabulary flash-card posters (Sing with me: "It's educational!").

Wink

• ChristelAdina said:

(from the VernaKulash? Maybe? Nah…).

Umm, YES.

• DJRose said:
    ChristelAdina said:

(from the VernaKulash? Maybe? Nah…).

Umm, YES.

YES YES YES. I say that is the official term from now on. Like if it was a book:

VernaKulash: A Damian Dictionary

(c) 2010 Paracadute Publishing 

And I guess mentioned the VK:DD because in one of the TTSP Making Of videos Dami says "Spectaculous." So it's more Spectacular and Fabulous, but whatever. It still applies :)

• Ok The VernaKulash it is. Sometimes I think something is so spontaneously funny that it's got to be something other people WON'T like, so I don't share. Other times, I just don't care. I'm glad this vocabulary mash-up is appreciated. I don't have any other lesson posters ready yet (just got back, pretended to think of doing laundry and will now actually do some real writing). However, in the meantime, I grabbed an oldie but a goodie (If veteran boardies know who took the photo, please identify the photographer):

TOURMATES

I think the odd framing adds to the allusion I'm making, by the way (if you were wondering why I didn't crop it).

• ChristelAdina said:

Ok The VernaKulash it is. Sometimes I think something is so spontaneously funny that it's got to be something other people WON'T like, so I don't share. Other times, I just don't care. I'm glad this vocabulary mash-up is appreciated. I don't have any other lesson posters ready yet (just got back, pretended to think of doing laundry and will now actually do some real writing). However, in the meantime, I grabbed an oldie but a goodie (If veteran boardies know who took the photo, please identify the photographer):

TOURMATES

I think the odd framing adds to the allusion I'm making, by the way (if you were wondering why I didn't crop it).

That one there is awesomesauce!

And it took me a full minute to figure out the VernaKulash pun. I must be tired.

So, in the interest of sharing, my personal dictionary is the Lexiambicon. Wink

The main entry is: http://violetchaos-364.livejournal.com/50088.html

23! YES!

• Okay, this one wrote itself. May not be the wittiest quip, but, hey, it works. Laugh photo by ap. (flickr)

• I thought this the first time I saw this photo, and I found it again a couple days ago:

LET

(the photo was simply credited to the old site)

• violetchaos364 said:

Okay, this one wrote itself. May not be the wittiest quip, but, hey, it works. Laugh photo by ap. (flickr)

Wait, this is a (bad) screenshot of Da Vinci Days! Where'd you get it???

oh and btw there's two things sitting by Dan's right foot, it's a beer bottle and a little square thing, the square thing is a letter I gave him earlier. :)

EDIT: And please, please someone tell me they recorded the Q+A.

• Q & A: They did record/film it. It is airing this week. I don't know where to find it yet (online). But then, I haven't looked yet, either.
  • ChristelAdina said:Q & A: They did record/film it. It is airing this week. I don't know where to find it yet (online). But then, I haven't looked yet, either.

Yeah you mentioned they filmed it, but you weren't in the airing area. I was wondering where the original pic came from, as it looks like it was taken from a TV, but the thing hasn't aired yet... I hope to God they put it on the internets somewhere.

• Aleatory said:
    ChristelAdina said:Q & A: They did record/film it. It is airing this week. I don't know where to find it yet (online). But then, I haven't looked yet, either.

Yeah you mentioned they filmed it, but you weren't in the airing area. I was wondering where the original pic came from, as it looks like it was taken from a TV, but the thing hasn't aired yet... I hope to God they put it on the internets somewhere.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/otterlove/

She's got about 4 or 5 pics of the boys, and two of an orange vehicle. Scroll down on her page.