In this Discussion

OK Go at Northwestern University

Comments

• Omg thank you so much. I hope its not a Northwestern students only concert either.
  • Thanks for the info smile.gif I'll be calling in the morning with crossed fingers...
  • Once you find out some more info by calling will you post it?
  • QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Nov 25 2007, 09:04 PM)
    Once you find out some more info by calling will you post it?

Of course my dear smile.gif
  • Bad news....

You have to purchase the tickets in person with cash at the box office with a "wild card" which is the NWU student ID card. Students can purchase up to 4 tickets, so if you know someone that goes there they can get your tickets for you. I was too pissed off and forgot to ask if there was assigned seating. But yea...they are on sale.
  • Well, bah humbug.

I'm pretty sure I don't know anyone that goes to Northwestern now.
  • Well poop. Hmm..... im going to ask around for anybody who knows anybody. Ill call and ask if there is assigned seating. Ill post when I find out.
  • LUCKILY Katie knows a girl who goes to Northwestern so she was able to get us tickets today! YESSSS.

It is general admission, fyi.
  • LUCKY! Im randomly messageing people on facebook who go there and asking if they would do it for me. So far no responses. I hope someone helps me out im like desperate. Anybody else know anybody at Northwestern that wants to get me tickets? Lol.
  • QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Nov 26 2007, 04:42 PM)
    LUCKY! Im randomly messageing people on facebook who go there and asking if they would do it for me. So far no responses. I hope someone helps me out im like desperate. Anybody else know anybody at Northwestern that wants to get me tickets? Lol.

Ditto to that. I'd also be willing to pay for their ticket should they be so kind to purchase one for me.

And I've tried the alumni front. They said only current students, faculty and staff are eligible to purchase tickets.
    (haha. They're playing in a gym.)

http://www.collegeotr.com/northwestern_uni...ll_quarter_5496

Super jealous of anyone going to this show. I love BK. I hate this blogger though. "force us to sit through OK Go" This person has obviously never seen an OK Go show before.

I will also use this post to say that OK Go's touring availability has changed to March-April for college/one-offs. Hopefully that means working on the album for January-February.
  • I GET TO SEE BEN KWELLER TOO!?!?!?!? SHIT. I'm so pumped. I saw BK back here at my school back in '04. He's awesome. Pretty sure he was stoned but that's awesome too.
  • I've offically sent messages to 20 random facebook people. One response girl told me nvm shes not getting them for me because she was selling the tickets at a higher price. I don't think im going to be able to go. sad.gif unsure.gif
  • dry.gif Good luck with your tickets. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Nov 29 2007, 08:46 PM)
    I've offically sent messages to 20 random facebook people. One response girl told me nvm shes not getting them for me because she was selling the tickets at a higher price. I don't think im going to be able to go. sad.gif unsure.gif

That's kinda messed up considering the concert is for charity, which is only gonna see the $10 she paid for the tickets and she will pocket the rest.

And I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I probably won't get in either. All the people I know from Northwestern are alumni and not eligible to get tickets.

So, to whoever is going, I hope it's a good show!!
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Nov 30 2007, 12:42 AM)
    That's kinda messed up considering the concert is for charity, which is only gonna see the $10 she paid for the tickets and she will pocket the rest.

And I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I probably won't get in either. All the people I know from Northwestern are alumni and not eligible to get tickets.

So, to whoever is going, I hope it's a good show!!

Yeah I know. So can they not get tickets because they are sold out or because they arn't students?
  • QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Nov 29 2007, 09:49 PM)
    Yeah I know. So can they not get tickets because they are sold out or because they arn't students?

When I called Northwestern, they said that it was only open to current students, faculty and staff. I asked about Alumni and the guy said no.
  • Ohh ok, well im still going to message anybody I see because after watching fuse I want to see them so friggN bad!
  • Good luck!! Seriously.

The Fuse show was swell. Lots of Damian and Tim. Sadly no Andy. sad.gif
  • Thanks ill be needing it.

Omg I know Tim lookd so cute. I love how they Named him as Timothy Nordwind instead of Tim Nordwind like they usually do. It made it even cuter.