In this Discussion

OK Go at Northwestern University

Comments

• Ah, but there will be more.

Once I get home, anyway.
  • Wow I want to hear more. DANGIT! I really wanted to see those jackets. I knew they would use them! Im excited to see more pictures! Beckysuoux those pictures are wonderful!
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... i want ... that is what i was thinking when seeing that video... Awesome and may I ask you what kind of cameras you use? All of your pictures look amazingly clear and i want to make such pictures next time i see them... i know it's been only two weeks, but... aw, i am so jealous.

But do post more pictures!!!!
  • ........I have to say, Andy looks WAY sexier than he did in London..........must be his (kinda new) hair. wub.gif

beckysioux, i love the pic of you and Andy!! You both look sooo, errrr, happy!! and cute!!! biggrin.gif
    Did you get to meet the other three??
  • The show sounds amazing.

That picture of Andy... wub.gif
    I don't know what else to say. New favorite!!
  • GRACIAS GRACIAS GRACIAS GRACIAS GRACIAS wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
  • Here's some more smile.gif
    ^Haha I love how you can see the basketball hoop in the background, the gym reminded me of high school...
  • Ah! Can't forget about Ben. It was the first time I ever saw him and he's adorable, funny and sounds great. He played solo which was sweet...he needs to assistance between him, his guitar and his piano smile.gif

• QUOTE (katieyellow @ Dec 6 2007, 11:24 AM)
    i must add... i was very pleased about andy's pants choice.

QUOTE (Beasle @ Dec 6 2007, 12:13 PM)
    Note: When Andy does his infamous side step dance the camera shakes more significantly than usual (haha my hand isn't that steady when I have that much adrenaline)...that was when Katie grabbed my arm in total utter excitement smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3sYBnkVADM

laugh.gif laugh.gif

You guys took some really really really amazing pictures! I'm so glad you guys had a good time! And the video was amazing. I saw a guy taking pictures in the front...i'm guessing a professional? hmm...time to photo hunt!

• QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 6 2007, 08:09 AM)
    PS Thank you so much Kalinda!!!

You're welcome! I'm glad you had fun and I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Dec 6 2007, 08:18 AM)
    It was a great show you guys, Kalinda and Rachel even got to hear some smile.gif They used the jackets, and Angie got some kickass video... they played Don't Bring Me Down first w/ them on, and then DWYW.

I will also do a run down of the show today either when I'm at work, or when I get home from work. I will add, I did get to talk to Andy and although my face was frozen, I DID manage to say more than "oh my God" so... Rachel is proud I know, and hopefully the rest of you are too wink.gif

Thank you again and I'm proud of you too!

QUOTE (Beasle @ Dec 6 2007, 04:22 PM)
    Ah! Can't forget about Ben. It was the first time I ever saw him and he's adorable, funny and sounds great. He played solo which was sweet...he needs to assistance between him, his guitar and his piano smile.gif

Awww. Thanks for posting those Angie! BK is absolutely adorable.
  • Becky, that first pic is so perfect! He's Prince Eric but better there!
    And your pic with him is so sweet! You're glowing!

Angie, ooomg, thank you for the profusion of beauty! It's an early Christmas!

I'm so glad you guys had such a great time!

And yes! Andy must wear those silver pants every day now! And his hair that way too- more disheveled and a little longer than usual, I think
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 6 2007, 10:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=153481
    Becky, that first pic is so perfect! He's Prince Eric but better there!
    And your pic with him is so sweet! You're glowing!

And yes! Andy must wear those silver pants every day now! And his hair that way too- more disheveled and a little longer than usual, I think

Andy was really nice and well, I couldn't contain my bliss. And yes, a definite on the silver pants.
  • okay, i'm so lame. I PROMISE a full write up and recap of the entire show tomorrow... but for now... how bout a couple pictures? i'll only put up a couple b/c i need to copyright them since i've had problems in the past sad.gif

hope you like!

typical damian pose.. smile.gif

even MORE typical. i love how he talks w/ his hands..

sorry if you guys think they are blurry. i promise i think they look good... i just like keeping the flash off so there's more color smile.gif
  • Like? I LOVE THEM! Katie, you're amazing.
  • Here are some "Not Just Andy" pics:

Check out the bling on Dan's finger.

All photos can be seen here.

And here are two YouTube videos. Turn your volume down, it's really loud.

Get Over It. See Andy's Multi-talented-ness.

Oh Lately It's So Quiet
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 7 2007, 07:58 AM)
    Check out the bling on Dan's finger.

This picture is so cute! I love how they are all doing something different before they bow.

QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 7 2007, 07:58 AM)
    I only got to meet Andy. It was really cold and the guys just hopped into their waiting SUVs. Though Damian did wave at Beasle. Oh, yeah, thank you Beasle for not being able to operate my camera, being in Andy's arms for that long was pretty darn sweet.

Haha oh yea...I totally did that whole 'I can't get the picture to take' on purpose... wink.gif ...well, not really but it worked out for the best!

Katie, the pictures are badass as usual. And I totally agree, I love the talking with the hands biggrin.gif I remember having this conversation, and trying to imitate his hands, in the car in the wee hours of the morning...
  • December 5, 2007-Northwestern University

Well, let me start off by saying the drive there was SMOOOOOTH sailing. Minus a stop in Michigan City, IN... AT Gas City, the gas station w/ a Subway. It was the weirdest fucking place I've ever been in, and I've been in a lot of fucking weird places in my life... I can't really explain WHY it was so weird, it just was, and Angie and I had never been happier to bolt out of a Subway so fast in our lives. However... the subs were made perfectly and tasted totally delicious... thank God. ANYWAY... we got to my friend's apartment, she lives in the Chicago area, right where the NW campus is downtown, cute little apt, great location, view of the lake. Chatted for a bit, thanked her many many times for pulling through and hooking us up with the tickets... then it was time to head north to Evanston...

... which has NO visitor parking ANYWHERE... Ang and I drove around the Patten Gym area for a solid 20 minutes, trying to find a place to park. I must also add, they had their first BIG SNOW that day, so all the parallel parking spots were taken, or we would have gotten our asses stuck had we tried to park there. We eventually settled on a secluded parking lot, RIGHT next to the fucking lake. It was frigid as hell, but far enough away from the main lots, that we figured we'd avoid a ticket or a tow. We got dressed/ready in the car... it was an adventure. Our clothes and whatnot were cold from sitting in the car all day, but it was okay. We got ready fast...

However... we DID get there at 5:30... doors weren't until 7. We were anxious, you could say. A couple people walked up and asked if we were there to help as well, and we shook our heads no. Well, someone came and unlocked the doors to let them in, and didn't lock it behind them, so we made a run for it. So for the next hour and a half, Angie and I made the space between the actual lobby, and outside our home. At least it was warm and we could see in... We spotted Tim right after we got there, looking handsome as always! At about... 6:15-6:30 more people started to show up and stand behind us. They opened up a door so we could see in perfectly, and we caught Tim, Damian and Andy *sigh* walking by, observing, all bundled up. When it was finally 7, they made us all go back OUTside, to come back INside so security could check our shit. We had to wait out there for about 15 minutes til the paramedics got there. Lame. I left the door open so all the security people, and the ticket takers could be cold like us. smile.gif Damn I'm a bitch. DON'T CARE. OH! And this is where we met Becky (beckysioux) and her friend. They were waiting in line right behind us. Nice to meet a fellow boardie... they get it wink.gif

Anyway, we FINALLY get in, and make a b-line for the gym. We walk in, and there's already a huddle of people sitting on the ground in the area right in front of Damian, we head toward Andy's side, and I place myself in, quite possibly, the most perfect spot EVER. Right up against the little barrier, directly in front of Andy's keyboard. Some giant (in all aspects of the word) girl kept trying to move into Angie's space... luckily, she's a little spitfire Mexi and that shit wasn't gonna fly. We held our ground, and well, I must say.

Ben Kweller started a little after 8. He's hilarious. And totally amazing and somewhat underappreciated. I saw him my freshman year of college, back in '04 here at MSU and he had his whole band with him (which he didn't Weds night) and was amazing as well. He played Sha Sha to start with, which is one of my FAVORITE songs of his. He also did 'Run' and 'Penny on the Train Track' and of course, several others, along with some NEW stuff... what a treat! The man rocks a guitar and a piano pretty hard. He was flying around stage in true Kweller form. It was awesome. I'm so glad they booked a good opener for OK Go... made the concert a million times more enjoyable. After Ben was done, it didn't take them long to get his piano and stuff off stage and to get ready for OK Go...

It only took about... 30-40 minutes before OK Go was out on stage. They opened with 'The House Wins' as usual, and I can't TELL you how loud I was screaming and how much I was completely FREAKING out when Andy walked out on stage for the dramatic beginning of House... good grief. Set List was as follows (as far as I can remember!!):

House
    TV
    Don't Ask
    No Sign
    Violent Femmes cover
    Good Idea
    Acoustic Set:
    AMW
    What To Do
    Disaster
    OLISQ
    Invincible
    HIGA
    And for the encore complete with LED jackets:
    Don't Bring Me Down
    DWYW

That could be a LITTLE off, but Becky has the set list, so she knows the real order smile.gif Before they started the acoustic set, Damian did some little bantering while Tim and Andy found a spot WAYYYY in the back, far from us (boo), he talked about how Andy Duncan went to Northwestern, and a couple girls, including myself shouted for him. To which Damian replied "There are three girls in here who love Andy Duncan... woo woo AND woo" now, if you know Damian, you know the way he said it was slightly sarcastic. However, he talked about Andy and what he's been doing since his OK Go days, as well as mentioning they are all still good friends smile.gif which was nice to hear.

Also, there wasn't as much stage banter as usual. Which is totally fine, just being there is all I needed. It was just odd, not having as much Damian babbling as usual. Either way, when he did, I was laughing.

The jackets were completely AMAZING. Everyone was going ballistic when they came back out, but I think it's because they were expecting a dance... haha little did they know wink.gif very flashy. I love em guys. You're too creative for words smile.gif

After the show, since we were RIGHT in front of Andy, I'm talking, perfect view for someone like me, (he threw a pick and it fell RIGHT in front of the stage, no one else saw it, so I was determined to get it after the show was over) he threw another pick... but this time, he looked DIRECTLY at me, I shit you not, and tossed one RIGHT at me. I pulled my arms to my chest and looked around and I didn't see it. Luckily the lights came up and I was looking EVERYWHERE... I soon found it, and and I snatched up the other one and gave it to Angie smile.gif. We mosied around, sort of just waiting inside as long as possible because it was FREEZING outside... Well, we waited out back by where all the rental cars where, and the trucks for the equipment. Some lady came out and told us OK Go had left 15 mins earlier, and I was like, hmm okay. Yeah right. So we stayed. It was just me, Ang and Becky, so not an outrageous amt of people anyway. Well... no more than 10 mins later, I see Dan, Damian and Andy walking toward the doors. Dan says hi, smiles and walks into a car, Damian bolts for a different car, and Andy, that little prince charming, walks up and asks if he can sign anything for us, we said yes, and I asked if I could get a picture after. And Becky asked for him to sign the setlist, and we chatted with him for a minute. I asked him about the SDR cd's and he was like, "Well, I found 3 in my car, and I have yet to decide what to do with them. Some sort of contest" ANd I was like, okay, well, I would DIE and do just about anything for one of them, so keep us posted! And then I got my picture (gorgeous) and I said, "God, my face is frozen, I can't get my lips to smile" and I got yet another sympathetic giggle (much like the one I got for my several "oh my God"'s last time..) He was super rushed this entire time because they were waiting to leave. And he was like, "Wait, YOU guys... I threw a pick at YOU (POINTING TO ME!!!LKFJDLSKFJSD), and you dropped it." And I reply "Well, yeah, but it's okay, I found it" and he replies, "Okay, good" He said thanks for coming and all that jazz, hopped in the car. ANd then, Angie hits my arm, and she's like,you guys, Damian's waving. He waved at Angie, and then he waved again to all of us. And we got a cute little Damian smile. SO cute.

It was truly magical. Sorry if that was horribly fangirlish towards the end, but it was just so awesome, I couldn't really help myself!!

Hope this provided a little entertainment for you all. I promise more pictures are to come... as I DID take 134 that night... ohmy.gif!!
  • Couldn't have said any of that better myself.

*big sigh* biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Dec 7 2007, 12:55 PM)
    After the show, since we were RIGHT in front of Andy, I'm talking, perfect view for someone like me, (he threw a pick and it fell RIGHT in front of the stage, no one else saw it, so I was determined to get it after the show was over) he threw another pick... but this time, he looked DIRECTLY at me, I shit you not, and tossed one RIGHT at me. I pulled my arms to my chest and looked around and I didn't see it. Luckily the lights came up and I was looking EVERYWHERE... I soon found it, and and I snatched up the other one and gave it to Angie smile.gif.

Andy, that little prince charming, walks up and asks if he can sign anything for us, we said yes, and I asked if I could get a picture after. And Becky asked for him to sign the setlist, and we chatted with him for a minute. I asked him about the SDR cd's and he was like, "Well, I found 3 in my car, and I have yet to decide what to do with them. Some sort of contest" ANd I was like, okay, well, I would DIE and do just about anything for one of them, so keep us posted! And then I got my picture (gorgeous) and I said, "God, my face is frozen, I can't get my lips to smile" and I got yet another sympathetic giggle (much like the one I got for my several "oh my God"'s last time..) He was super rushed this entire time because they were waiting to leave. And he was like, "Wait, YOU guys... I threw a pick at YOU (POINTING TO ME!!!LKFJDLSKFJSD), and you dropped it." And I reply "Well, yeah, but it's okay, I found it" and he replies, "Okay, good" He said thanks for coming and all that jazz, hopped in the car. ANd then, Angie hits my arm, and she's like,you guys, Damian's waving. He waved at Angie, and then he waved again to all of us. And we got a cute little Damian smile. SO cute.

It was truly magical. Sorry if that was horribly fangirlish towards the end, but it was just so awesome, I couldn't really help myself!!

Hope this provided a little entertainment for you all. I promise more pictures are to come... as I DID take 134 that night... ohmy.gif!!

AWWWWWWW, what a sweatheart! I brought them dental goodie bags with traveled sized toothpaste. I knew they would use them cause Andy said, "Great, we can take this on an airplane." He's so darling!

How marvelous, katie! Like ESP, like he knew how much you loved and appreciated him. Maybe he remembered you from the previous show you'd been at? Either way, that story just melts my heart and makes me all happy.
  • OMG KATIE!!! THAT IS AWESOM!! Im so HAPPY for you!! I bet you were gunna pass out!! Omg that is soooo exciting!!!

But no Tim?? Did he not come out or somthing?