In this Discussion

The Newsletter

Comments

• QUOTE (bullshituous @ Oct 10 2008, 06:15 PM)
    uhhh what? Damian's going to be in a movie! Hmmmm, I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later!

I know! I hope it's a big role. All that news was very exciting. Almost too much at one time!
  • QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Oct 14 2008, 09:01 PM)
    I know! I hope it's a big role. All that news was very exciting. Almost too much at one time!

Yeah, true. It was a lot to digest! DAMN.

(Proceed with caution: frequent 90's hip hop slang references ahead..)

OK, Can I get a witness here cause I know somebody has to be smelling me on this -
    I seriously don't want to have a case of the "I want them all to ourselves", and I love the fact that they are successful because they obviously deserve it more than most with the sick amount of talent they have..BUT....BUT, I have to say that I hope we don't start seeing Damian followed around by the pap's and turning up in "In Touch" mag. He's just so ridiculously hot that once his azz is showcased in a film, who knows?! I LOVE the fact that they are still on the DL enough to be kind of regular people who don't rush off in a laundry truck after the show (as the Beatles did!)

wow, I think I'm heading into a manic episode??

• ok, so after rereading that I realize that I am heading into a paranoid state!! LOL LOL...
  • Lori, I think all of us have posted something like that once or twice.
  • haha, I kinda feel like that too.
    Like, it would be awesome if they got well-known and stuff and everybody liked them, but I'm kinda selfish and I don't really want them to get too big, because then they might not get to see their fans as much after shows and such.

Cuz, when my sister went to see Panic at the Disco, which is Her favorite band, they had security people who pretty much told them what they could do. Like, they were telling everybody that they couldn't touch Panic and stuff like that. And it was really guarded and stuff. And I just kinda hope it doesn't get that bad with OK Go : (
  • yeah, we can't help but feel that way to some degree I guess. One of my favorite things about them is that they aren't mega stars - they are just an excellent band with loads of charm and talent that are approachable and real.
  • This is exactly what everyone was saying when HIGA came out. And then when they performed on the VMAs. And then when they won a Grammy. Don't sweat it.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Oct 15 2008, 03:18 PM)
    This is exactly what everyone was saying when HIGA came out. And then when they performed on the VMAs. And then when they won a Grammy. Don't sweat it.

That's what I wanted to say when I responded this morning, but the coffee hadn't yet kicked in and I was not eloquent enough. Thank you, Kay. biggrin.gif
  • Yeah, I'm not really worrying about it too much. Too many people are completely ignorant of their awesomeness. tongue.gif
  • Yeah, it's probably not going to make much diff.
    I remember reading a lot of that sentiment on the JC boards as well.

• So, unless I can't count (which is highly likely), shouldn't we have gotten another newsletter by now?
  • Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, if you're out there, I've signed up for the newsletter. Is there any way that I can actually get it? *sad face*

I'd like to be in the know.

Thanks!
  • Hello, there:

Here's a short little news flash from OK Go's temporary headquarters in the frigid, rain-soaked north. In between trips to natural marvels (Tim's video postcard to little ol' you is below) and long leisurely breakfasts, the boys are whipping together some honest-to-badassness OK Go songs, with a half-dozen already in advanced stages of almost-doneness. I haven't heard anything yet, but Damian himself told me that I'd like what they're doing. And I'm a guy who wrote-in "grapefruit" in the last fifteen presidential elections, so you know my standards are high.

What do we have for you today? Three videos! The first is a high-level OK Go discussion on the causes of Dan's inner pain. The second is a video postcard from Tim, in which he ponders the beauty and power of one of North America's greatest natural wonders, Niagara Falls. Finally, we present to you this first video from Andy's solo album, Cantarell, which comes out November 11th and is pre-orderable here and here. The band is Secret Dakota Ring, the single is "The Fade To Black," and the video is fantastic.

Dan's inner pain:
    http://emi.emreact.com/go.asp?/bEMI002/mON...uTRGEII2/xGPM3J

Tim's inner tour guide:

Andy's inner new single:

A note:

Someone sent us a link to this blog post in which OK Go & Bonearama's version of "Rock & Roll Suicide" was endorsed as the best cover of the year. It's been a few months since it was released, but if you haven't heard it yet, you should. All proceeds from the EP go to help New Orleans musicians, so throw down four bucks and buy it at iTunes

Another note:

If you can vote in next week's election, you should. I'm not going to tell you that it's the most important election of your lifetime, because that's a bunch of hooey. But it is important, regardless. And it's kinda sexy. Just check out this picture of Dan in the studio, voting with his mind.

Love,

Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore
  • ^^ Thanks Andy!!

Hey Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, can I get the newsletter? Please...?
  • Thanks for posting that! Is there a picture of Dan voting with his mind?
  • QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Oct 29 2008, 03:15 PM)
    Thanks for posting that! Is there a picture of Dan voting with his mind?

ditto, thanks Pandy smile.gif
  • QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Oct 29 2008, 02:15 PM)
    Thanks for posting that! Is there a picture of Dan voting with his mind?

Ask, and ye shall receive.

Dan voting with his MIND.
  • Aha! Thanks Becky!
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Oct 29 2008, 03:04 PM)
    Ask, and ye shall receive.

I'd like a large shake with chocolate rainbow sprinkles please.
  • This one made me all nostalgic for some reason. smile.gif

COME FURTHER NORTH AND CHILL IN MY LIVING ROOM.