In this Discussion

The Newsletter

Comments

• I got this in my Facebook updates biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Tour Dates & Videos. Plus Our Store is Now Dragon-Free

Well, it's December. And you know what that means: Only 390 shopping days until next Christmas, when the hottest items on the market will be the OK Go Presidential Medal of Freedom Official Replicas by the Franklin Mint, commemorating that great day in future history when the boys were (will be?) awarded the nation's highest civilian honor for their contributions to culture and world peace. Small thanks indeed for the blistering awesomeness of the album they're recording right now somewhere in snowy upstate New York.

Little Bundles of Joy
    It seems silly to talk about blowing next year's cash when chances are that everyone on this list not named Tim Nordwind is still shopping for this year. Tim has it easy, though. He gets his friends and family the exact same gift every single year:

http://www.franklinmint.com/product1.aspx?...;Product_ID=806

It's a creepy tradition, and one I invite you to start with a visit to the 100% dragon-free OK Go store. There's a brand new shirt that's just been unleashed on the world. Take a gander:

http://www.okgostore.net/shirts.html

Plus, there's a holiday bundle, which the high-priced Madison Avenue consulting team wants us to call the OK Go Black Cyber Weekday eBundle iSale. For sixty bucks you get a hoodie, a shirt, a flipbook, maybe a pin, a sticker and some wristbands. That's living, my friends.

http://okgostore.net

Some Sets In The East
    More good news: the boys are cobbling together a few tour dates for the new year. So far they're just east coast engagements, but I'm sure the rest of you won't be far behind. You may start considering outfits, potential dates, and next-day excuses... now!

3/6 - Philadelphia, PA - Theatre of Living Arts
    3/7 - Towson, MD - Recher Theatre
    3/8 - Brooklyn, NY - Music Hall of Williamsburg
    3/10 - New Haven, CT - Toad's Place
    3/11 - Northampton, MA - Pearl Street
    3/12 - Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club

Tickets go on sale December 12 and 13.

Your Biweekly Dose Of Fun Little Videos

We have three videos for you today, and hopefully I'm not setting your hopes too high when I say that all three are greater than anything else ever committed to video, or perhaps even rendered as a single image, much less a series of them. I mean these things are hot, hot, hot.

Video #1: OK Go in the studio recording KAT.
    Why is the song called KAT? It's not, or probably won't be when it's done. But you've got to call it something when you're recording it, so this one is called Back From Kathmandu. It has nothing to do with the actual song, but more with how funny it is to hear Damian call people on the phone and say stupid things in classy accents like "Why hello, dearie, it’s me Damian Koooooolash, just back from Kathmandu. How was your trip to the Congo?" I hope that someday it happens to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTuZe1N6MMI

Video #2: You Gotta Have Standards
    Damian in the kitchen, explaining his hamburger making philosophy to producer Dave Fridmann.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H17rWf7kmjE

Video #3: The Notre Dame Marching Band does Here It Goes Again
    This is, quite simply, awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqIVJGFKfg8

What else? That's it. Talk to you in two weeks, silly kids.

Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore

aogiluhela;ighoeilhgliehlgiah This TOTALLY made my morning! I was completely flipping out!
  • Im hungry now... tongue.gif thank you Damian

I did get the newsletter this time, yay!!! and I love the new look of the store
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Dec 4 2008, 12:27 PM)
    It has nothing to do with the actual song, but more with how funny it is to hear Damian call people on the phone and say stupid things in classy accents like "Why hello, dearie, it’s me Damian Koooooolash, just back from Kathmandu. How was your trip to the Congo?" I hope that someday it happens to you.

Me too, Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore. Me Too.
  • jsut tried to buy the amazing bundle, but the new way its done, says no post to the UK, saying the selected country is not available to post too...

well there goes my christmass...
  • aw, I'm sorry Andy smile.gif maybe they'll get that sorted out eventually...

in other news:
    NORTHAMPTON!! HOORAY!
    I'm really excited now biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Dec 4 2008, 03:10 PM)
    aw, I'm sorry Andy smile.gif maybe they'll get that sorted out eventually...

in other news:
    NORTHAMPTON!! HOORAY!

AREN'T YOU???

Also, Rachel and I will be on a roadtrip, so if you want to skip school the next day (and the day after...) and go out to the Boston show, too, you're welcome to tag along. Assuming we haven't already got five people in the car, lol.
  • Hooray! Meg! I get to up my number of boardies met! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Dec 4 2008, 03:10 PM)

I was going to comment with the same thing that you said about Damian cooking burgers medium rare. Coliforms and bacteria sad.gif
  • YES!
    mini roadtrip FTW, totally.
    yay!
    and meeting Rachel! super-yay!

and haha, MFP, that was the first thing I thought of when Damian said that. My brother really did have E-Coli when we were little. I don't eat ground beef anymore because of that.
  • Dear <insert first name>,

Welcome to the <insert newsletter number> edition of the OK Go December Newsletter. This newsletter is brought to you by the letter <insert letter>, the number <insert number> and a generous donation from the kind folks at <insert mega-corporation>.

In the spirit of <insert holiday> we're keeping this newsletter festive and respectful, and also short. We've got West Coast tour dates to go with the East Coast tour dates, and two videos of the boys recording their new album that you're going to love so much you'll want to have them tattooed, frame by frame, across your <insert body part>. The first is OK Go at Johnny Fridmann's junior high school holiday recital. The second is the video Damian, Andy, and Dan will play at ear-shattering levels the next time Tim decides to go to sleep early.

First, New Dates:

3/20 - House Of Blues San Diego
    3/21 - House Of Blues Anaheim
    3/24 - Catalyst, Santa Cruz (ages 16 +)
    3/25 - Great American Music Hall, San Francisco
    3/27 - Wonder Ballroom, Portland
    3/28 - Chop Suey, Seattle

Tickets go on sale Friday or Saturday depending on the venue.

Second, Old Dates:

3/6 - Philadelphia, PA - Theatre of Living Arts
    3/7 - Towson, MD - Recher Theatre
    3/8 - Brooklyn, NY - Music Hall of Williamsburg
    3/10 - New Haven, CT - Toad's Place
    3/11 - Northampton, MA - Pearl Street
    3/12 - Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club

Know that Oppenheimer, Longwave and Hooray for Earth will be opening on some of these.

Thirdly:

Video #1: Blazin' Fredonia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJiF3Mg-IO0

Video #2: A Sleepless Night With OK Go
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW76i2XDOl8

And finally, the great Rock Bailout of 2008 Continues, with the OK Go Black Cyber Weekday eBundle iSale. Available at http://okgostore.net for a limited time.

That's it for today. Remember to tip your gift givers. See you in a couple of weeks. <insert emoticon>

Yours,

<insert Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore>

Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore@okgo.net

http://okgo.net
  • AHHHHHHHH!!!! I just watched the video and Tim's wearing my scarf!!!!!!

And, haha. Shazamed it through the floor. I totally didn't understand what that meant at first.
  • I LOVE the Sleepless Night video!!! I laughed SOOOOOOOO hard!!!!

And that's SO awesome that he's wearing your scarf!!!!! biggrin.gif
  • I finally got the newsletter in my inbox! This makes me joyous.

What also makes me joyous is watching Damian, Dan and Andy rock out to Candy Girl by New Edition. Who knew that we'd get Bobby Brown and Bell Biv DeVoe out of New Edition. Wow, this takes me back to grade school. Alright, enough reminiscing.

And yay K!!
  • QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Dec 4 2008, 06:02 PM)
    I was going to comment with the same thing that you said about Damian cooking burgers medium rare. Coliforms and bacteria sad.gif

LOL so true. ground beef is so scary.

• "Where's the Hannakuh songs??" xD

That's so awesome he's wearing your scarf!

I am so jealous of that middle school/high school having OK Go over.
  • Tim's wearing your scarf? AAAHHH! That IS awesome.
  • That San Francisco date is bang in the middle of my vacation time. And I family have friends there and would easily find a place to stay. I could get flights for about £350, and going to a show with Kalinda is one of my ultimate dreams... And after my previous form... oh, you have no idea how tempted I am. Seriously. Eeek.

Kalinda, that's awesome that he's wearing your scarf!!! So sweet! Seeing as I own one of your scarfs myself, I don't blame him for wearing it as often as he does smile.gif

Those videos were hilarious, I love Tim's dismay at the goyishness of the recital hahaha! I'm getting so ridiculously excited for the new album now.
  • Kalinda - It's so rad that Tim is wearing your scarf! I'll bet he wears it all the time..looks warm!
  • So, I'm pretty much in love with the "A Sleepless Night With OK Go" video!! It's AMAZING!!!! I crack up every single time!!!!! al;ihglIFHEWLIHLIjlijhlhLHALIGHL laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

"We blew the fuses on these speakers again..."
    "And when was the last time you blew the fuses on the speakers?"
    "25 minutes ago"

"The speakers..."
    "They're already gone"

"Number 4"

"No, no you don't have to worry about the speakers, dude, we have more fuses."

"Turn it down, we blew it again"
    "Just when you put it in there for one second?"
    "Yeah"

"We'll buy some more. I mean, they sell these at Radio Shack"

"So, I think we should turn it down just a little bit"

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

• I know!! It's hilarious. I love both of the videos. Not enough to get them tattooed on me, frame by frame, but still.

QUOTE (Electra @ Dec 20 2008, 10:27 AM)
    That San Francisco date is bang in the middle of my vacation time. And I family have friends there and would easily find a place to stay. I could get flights for about £350, and going to a show with Kalinda is one of my ultimate dreams... And after my previous form... oh, you have no idea how tempted I am. Seriously. Eeek.

It would be a dream come true if you came to a show with me. I'm not usually much of an enabler but...COME BACK TO SAN FRANCISCO!