In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• Lindsay Lohan and Pearl Jam.
  • I have a question.

Where exactly does Pearl Jam fit in with Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs, Panic! At The Disco, My Chemical Romance, The Editors, Muse, and Arctic Monkeys? (and other indie rock bands for the Reading/Leeds festival)

I personally don't like them at all... (they remind me too much of Nirvana, and I don't like them either)

And so Im seriously wondering why theyre on the payroll.
  • Well, I guess people see them as being pretty influential.
  • yeah, no I understand that, because don't get me wrong, I don't like them but I know they're respectable in their genre and to their fans, but I just don't get how they fit the roster.

When I go I'll obviously just not go see them, but I was just wondering if anyone knew as to how they fixed these things up, and do they go by a certain type of music, or just whoever they can get to headline?

Plus, this is going to be my first festival so if anyone can tell me how they usually go about it and what it's like. *are they a multiple day thing/can you get in more than once with your ticket, etc*
  • ooh what festival are you going to? Have you heard the new Pearl Jam song? they've changed compared to what they used to sound like, I think it fits in the roster, same genre on a broader spectrum I guess. you're going to an amazing festival there! Lucky you!

well, it's sleepytime kids for me! c-ya tomorrow!
  • Leeds/Reading, but if I do get the tickets that is, seeing as Im earning the money for them myself.
    It'll be my first proper concert really... but let's hope I get there then, because I would love to see all the other bands.

Really? *about pearl jam* I'll check out their new stuff, but I remember I wasn't too hot on Jeremy, and the other songs of that time for them. But yeah I'll see what theyve got now, thanks.
  • Hey kids, insomnia is fun.
  • insomnia IS fun.

i'm really craving canned peaches right now. even though i'm sure they're full of preservatives and other stuff like that, it still makes me feel like i'm eating healthy. ooh and kiwis too...except those actually ARE healthy. i've never heard of canned kiwis. that'd just be weird.
  • I just ate some canned peaches.... Haha, canned kiwis... You open up the tin and a person from new zealand jumps out, haha...

Sorry to anybody who was offended by that.
  • the group Peaches isnt that amazing, btu I love their song 'Operate'.
  • easter is shit and i wish it was over so I could go and see ryan.
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Apr 16 2006, 11:14 AM)
    easter is shit and i wish it was over so I could go and see ryan.

Easter is AWESOME! What other day creates an excuse to wear pastels???
  • QUOTE (giggleguy @ Apr 16 2006, 05:16 AM)
    I just ate some canned peaches.... Haha, canned kiwis... You open up the tin and a person from new zealand jumps out, haha...

Sounds yummy! Sounds even better if the New Zealander was a pet hobbit and not some kind of crazed machete wielding maniac. Speaking of hobbits, if I had a pet guinea pig, I'd name him Mr. Frodo
  • ^good choice Mr. Frodopants

Easter is AWESOME! What other day creates an excuse to wear pastels???

Easter IS awesome!! because you get to eat yummy marshmellowy goodness Peeps! in multicolors of yellow, blue, and pink and then you get to have a sugar rush and jump all over the place and then crash! yay!
  • i'm slowly but surely crashing... i'm soooooo sleeeepppyyyy... goooooddd nitteeee...zzzzzz....
  • I stayed in my room the entire day today. I am sad.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 17 2006, 12:02 AM)
    I stayed in my room the entire day today. I am sad.

i have a crapload of work to do. chem midterm on tuesday and i havent done any of the hw. blahhh..i'm sad.

actually i'm semi-happy because i LOVE peeps and the people on my floor apparently don't (weirdos)...so i've eaten 2 boxes of them today. YUMM! sooo addictive but sooo good. biggrin.gif
  • I'm trying really hard to actually do work.

It's not turning out as well as I had hoped.

Favorite word for today: "snarfflebutt"
  • I was making some OK Go shirts for the may concerts because if I wait too long I won't be able to do them because of finals.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 17 2006, 10:08 AM)
    I was making some OK Go shirts for the may concerts because if I wait too long I won't be able to do them because of finals.

how're they coming along?