In this Discussion

the offical world cup thread

Comments

• watching the swedon match atm kaylee?
  • Yes indeed I am. I'm thinking Sweden will be victorious.

But what I am excited about is the Argentina and Ivory Coast game! Oh, it's going to be a good one.
  • yus yus very true

im hoping the T&T win!

theve got a ex forest player in stern john

just had somone sent off though

oh dear
  • 0-0? come onnn.

Oh well, it just means England has a better chance of advancing (of course they are going to, anyway.)
  • I'm so disgusted with our performance today, we played UTTER SHITE! But atleast we won. I dunno what the hell happened to us in the 2nd half. Balls balls balls. Loada crap. But yeah, we won. biggrin.gif
  • I agree. I thought we would have been able to get more goals that the one the opposing team scored for us (hahaha). We will crush T&T on Thursday thought. Actually, I think they are kind of underestimated. Everyone thought Sweden was going to totally just mutilate them, but it was a draw. England better pick up their game!

This Argentina/Ivory Coast game is getting good. GOAALLLLL for Argentina.
    What about that head in that the goalie saved? It definitely crossed the line, but I think they played it off well and carried on really fast before it was called as a goal. Besides, it's the ref's decision, and he was in no position to see that the ball had gone in.
  • ball didn't go fully over the line though..
  • It sure looked like it did when they showed a trillion replays! Like when he caught it, it looked like it was way over the line and then he pulled it back out and threw it.
    Oh well, they won anyway. 2-0, wow.
    I fell asleep during the last thirty minutes but I guess I didn't miss anything.

Oh yay, Holland vs. Serbia/Montenegro tomorrow.
  • some very good games today!

shame the arg won though
  • Drogba scored, so it finished 2-1.

The england gamed sucked but we played rubbish and won. Only a good team can do that.

Bring on trinidad
  • T&T will pose a bigger threat

they have more heart then most
  • They didn't play with heart, they played with 'we have no hope in hell, so lets enjoy ourselves' attitude. With a point on the table they now have a bit of belief. Fools
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ Jun 10 2006, 11:39 PM)
    They didn't play with heart, they played with 'we have no hope in hell, so lets enjoy ourselves' attitude. With a point on the table they now have a bit of belief. Fools

thats a pretty long way of saying you agree with me =p
  • T&T will pose a bigger threat. We beat Paraguay with an own goal in the first2 minutes. If T&T pose a bigger threat than that shambles we may aswell reverse that open top coach back in the depot cos we'll lose
  • it could be worse...we could be austraila
  • Or Paraguay. I'd hate to be cheating bastards and lose at the same time
  • true they were cheating to some degree

but it was the ref that aloud it

doubt any england fan would complain if the ref was biased towards us
  • I would. I hate cheating in football. If we won the world cup final on a dive or something id be so pissed off. I think its disgusting that grown men will throw themselves to the ground at the slightest touch. Its pathetic, i got so angry today. Yesterday was ok, the ref for the german game was having none of it
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ Jun 10 2006, 07:22 PM)
    I would. I hate cheating in football. If we won the world cup final on a dive or something id be so pissed off. I think its disgusting that grown men will throw themselves to the ground at the slightest touch. Its pathetic, i got so angry today. Yesterday was ok, the ref for the german game was having none of it

thats why it is soo hard to watch italian soccer sad.gif
  • and why did the ref hate Crouch so much? did anyone else notice that?