In this Discussion

the offical world cup thread

Comments

• its cause crouch is soooo tall it looks like hes climbing over everyone
  • Yeah, Crouch is a giant
  • Wow, Holland is a great little team. They had possession of the ball like the whole damn time. That was a pretty easy goal, too.
  • holland are the best team to have never won the world cup
  • They should of won it in 70's but the Germans told the world all the players were sleeping with German slags and after many a verbal battering by they're other halves they went out in the final and lost. See, football+women=Disaster.
  • Mexico played a GREAT GAME. Wow, wow, wow! The second half they just walked all over Iran. Two goals in like four minutes! The coach didn't even have enough time to light one up between goals.
    And that one goal scored from the free kick to the header to the tap in.. awesome. Yeah, that was just fabulous.
  • some more great games today, i thought the portys for gonan thrash there opp this eve
  • Man, did you see all of those incredible shots Portugal had? I can't believe they only got one goal! They did so amazing, I thought. God, that one shot that bounced right off the top of the poll - ugh so close! Yeah, they looked like they were about to score a thousand times. Angola's shots were wayyyy too long.
  • QUOTE (Kaylee @ Jun 11 2006, 10:46 PM)
    Man, did you see all of those incredible shots Portugal had? I can't believe they only got one goal! They did so amazing, I thought. God, that one shot that bounced right off the Crossbar- ugh so close! Yeah, they looked like they were about to score a thousand times. Angola's shots were wayyyy too long.

so a great game!

not a bad game so far

tomoro is the big one for my beloved japan

COME ON JAPAN
  • laugh.gif Japan...
    I'm sorry, but I don't see them advancing out of their group. Good luck to them, anyway!

Oh yeah, thanks for the correction. haha, I knew it had a name!
  • dont poo poo my japan =p

they made it though last year

COME ON YOU JAPANIEANS
  • QUOTE (Kaylee @ Jun 11 2006, 04:46 PM)
    Man, did you see all of those incredible shots Portugal had? I can't believe they only got one goal! They did so amazing, I thought. God, that one shot that bounced right off the top of the poll - ugh so close! Yeah, they looked like they were about to score a thousand times. Angola's shots were wayyyy too long.

Yeah Angola's goalie saved them big time--he had some great saves.

USA and Italy start tomorrow!!! Too bad I'm in class for the first hour of each game but hopefully I'll see the second halves...
  • QUOTE (The King of Kings @ Jun 10 2006, 01:07 PM)
    just had somone sent off though
    oh dear

AVERY JOHN!

plays for the Revs.
    that second yellow wasn't a very good call, though. a foul, maybe, but not a yellow.

I think referees have it out for NE. seriously, there was the bull offsides call in the DC United game, then Avery John got sent off when he clearly only touched the ball, and then today in the Chicago Fire game there was an even-more-bull offsides call against Andy Dorman's goal. really now!

anyways, I've been too busy to watch much of the actual games, but tomorrow the US plays WHILE I'M IN SCHOOL!!!!! my dad is taping it for me, though. I just can't hear the results before I go home and watch it, or else I'd be pissed.
    I'm excited. even though I don't usually like Landon Donovan (LA and Revs don't get along), I really hope he and the rest of the team do well.
  • I'm already lack of sleep because I have to watch tv from 10pm to 3am. Damn, too many good games.

QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jun 11 2006, 12:10 PM)
    its cause crouch is soooo tall it looks like hes climbing over everyone

Yeah, it's not his fault at all. I nearly felt sorry for him.

QUOTE (Kaylee @ Jun 11 2006, 10:37 PM)
    laugh.gif Japan...
    I'm sorry, but I don't see them advancing out of their group. Good luck to them, anyway!

Kaylee, wipe that stupid grin off your face.
    joking.
    9 hours to a kick off. I'm so excited but also nervous. Japan play like shit often.
  • Ugh, I hate work (not really, I make sno cones all day)! I am going to miss the 2nd half of the USA game, and the whole Italy game.
    Thank god for VCRs.

The announcers have been talking up the damn USA/Czech Republic game since the World Cup started.
    I can't wait until the Italy v. USA game.. it'll be awesome.
  • Has anyone else here noticed how incredibly wrong the Fifa world rankings are...
    1 Brazil
    2 Czech Republic
    3 The Netherlands
    4 Mexico
    5 USA
    5 Spain
    7 Portugal
    8 France
    9 Argentina
    10 England

How the Czechs in second when they suck.. Mexico and the US above Argentina, England, France and Spain. How on earth do they work it out?
  • they work it out on games played and won

mexico have played far more games then anyone albeit against poor teams

its a joke anyways

we all know england are the best

also

COME ON JAPAN
  • 1-0 to the king of kings of football

japan
  • the auzzys can go f**k off..

we should have had a blatent pen

RAGE
  • WE WON!!!!! THREE GOALS IN THE LAST EIGHT MINUTES!!!!!