In this Discussion

OK Go on VMAs

Comments

• Nevermind.

Ugh. I just checked one of the Hanson forums and there's a post about OK Go on one of them, and they're like, "Do they always lip sync? I like their music, but if they lip sync all the time I'm not interested."

What kind of a fucking stupid question is that. Who sings live when they're trying to dance on treadmills?
  • Hanson does. Didn't you see that video they never made? Yeah. They do.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Sep 1 2006, 04:01 PM)
    Hanson does. Didn't you see that video they never made? Yeah. They do.

Pardon me?
  • (I was being sarcastic)

I've read a bunch of articles that have been saying OK Go was the best performance... some even (truthfully) say that OK Go saved the show.
    (And Damian Mahey--MTV VJ-- says that OK Go was the highlight of his evening)
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Sep 1 2006, 04:09 PM)
    (I was being sarcastic)
    I've read a bunch of articles that have been saying OK Go was the best performance... some even (truthfully) say that OK Go saved the show.

Alrighty then.

Sorry, Hanson fans are very defensive happy.gif

I've been reading similar responses from peeps, that OK Go were the only good thing about it.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 1 2006, 02:10 AM)
    Alrighty then.

Sorry, Hanson fans are very defensive happy.gif

I've been reading similar responses from peeps, that OK Go were the only good thing about it.

I love OK GO and I am also a Hanson fan and it makes me sad that some fans
    would think Ok go always lip sync, that's so stupid, they are on treadmills people! lol

I loved the performance tonight and was so worried someone would slip or something.
    It was awesome!

biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (ncgal @ Sep 1 2006, 04:15 PM)
    I love OK GO and I am also a Hanson fan and it makes me sad that some fans
    would think Ok go always lip sync, that's so stupid, they are on treadmills people! lol

I loved the performance tonight and was so worried someone would slip or something.
    It was awesome!

biggrin.gif

Gasp. A fellow fanson? You shit me. Are you on Hitler.net?
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 1 2006, 02:17 AM)
    Gasp. A fellow fanson? You shit me. Are you on Hitler.net?

Haha, I have no idea what Hitler.net is, but yes, been a Hanson fan since 1997 and
    an OK Go fan since I saw "Get Over It" on the TV smile.gif

I haven't had the opportunity to see OK GO live yet. We had tickets to see them
    open for Panic! at the Disco, this was for a show about 3 hours away. They cancelled
    opening for Panic a few days before, we were so bummed and didn't even want to drive
    that far just for Panic!, so it kind of sucked lol

sorry, babbling on a VMA thread

Okay, I am VERY slow.. I just got the Hitler.net reference hahaha
    Hanson.net. Yes, I am on there smile.gif
  • QUOTE (ncgal @ Sep 1 2006, 04:25 PM)
    Haha, I have no idea what Hitler.net is, but yes, been a Hanson fan since 1997 and
    an OK Go fan since I saw "Get Over It" on the TV smile.gif

I haven't had the opportunity to see OK GO live yet. We had tickets to see them
    open for Panic! at the Disco, this was for a show about 3 hours away. They cancelled
    opening for Panic a few days before, we were so bummed and didn't even want to drive
    that far just for Panic!, so it kind of sucked lol

sorry, babbling on a VMA thread

Okay, I am VERY slow.. I just got the Hitler.net reference hahaha
    Hanson.net. Yes, I am on there smile.gif

Ahaha WHO ARE YOU ON HITLER.NET I DEMAND TO KNOW. QUICKLY I HAVE TO GO TO WORK IN LIKE 5 MINUTES.
  • I LOVE THEM SO MUCH IT HURTS. THEY ARE THE REASON I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING. THEY DID SO AMAZING!!!!!! THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE HOW GREAT THAT REALLY WAS. wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

• man, that performance was so good i had to come here and say so, even though i havent been on these boards in over year!

it warms my heart when an old-time ok go fan like myself can see these boys getting the exposure and love that they deserve. good job guys!:D

makes me fall in love with them all over again *sigh*
  • QUOTE (CinnamonLips @ Aug 31 2006, 11:35 PM)

man, that performance was so good i had to come here and say so, even though i havent been on these boards in over year!

it warms my heart when an old-time ok go fan like myself can see these boys getting the exposure and love that they deserve. good job guys!:D

makes me fall in love with them all over again *sigh*

TANYA
    Jeez. You really haven't been on in years.
  • wow! you're still here amanda? hahaha. i didnt think anyone from the old, original message boards was still around! ah, good times.

i wonder if there's anyone else i'd recognize? i pretty much assumed that everyone was gone and now a new breed of fans had taken over lol
  • Rehearsal picture? I'm assuming they're from rehearsal since they're magically wearing different clothing.

QUOTE (CinnamonLips @ Aug 31 2006, 11:47 PM)
    wow! you're still here amanda? hahaha. i didnt think anyone from the old, original message boards was still around! ah, good times.

i wonder if there's anyone else i'd recognize? i pretty much assumed that everyone was gone and now a new breed of fans had taken over lol

Hahaha uhhh I'm here every once in a while. Usually when big things happen... lol
    Shades of Blue is still here. Jen is here. Darbie is still here I believe. They're a couple of us around, but it is mostly new kids haha.
  • wow, thats all thats left? it makes me feel so... old. lol.

eh, maybe more will come out after this performace? (or not...)

man, i am so nostalgic all of a sudden. havent really talked about ok go in such a long time that all the memories are flooding back to me. wow. those boys are awesome smile.gif
  • QUOTE (CinnamonLips @ Aug 31 2006, 11:56 PM)
    wow, thats all thats left? it makes me feel so... old. lol.

eh, maybe more will come out after this performace? (or not...)

man, i am so nostalgic all of a sudden. havent really talked about ok go in such a long time that all the memories are flooding back to me. wow. those boys are awesome smile.gif

Pretty much. I keep in touch with other people through myspace & livejournal... but that's it really...

Haha I've always stayed with OK Go. But then again, OK Go was with me through high school, and now that I'm off to college, that might mean less with OK Go.

And yeah, who would've thought the boys would hit MTV...
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Sep 1 2006, 02:58 AM)
    And yeah, who would've thought the boys would hit MTV...

its still a shocker to see them catapaulted into the spotlight, but i always knew this day would come. there was no way a band as awesome and unique as them was going to fade into oblivion. now i just wonder whats going to happen next...

it'll totally blow my mind if they become some really huge act selling out stadiums and such, but maybe im getting a bit ahead of myself wink.gif still, i am so proud of these guys. how far they've come since i've first seen them!
  • QUOTE (CinnamonLips @ Sep 1 2006, 12:04 AM)
    its still a shocker to see them catapaulted into the spotlight, but i always knew this day would come. there was no way a band as awesome and unique as them was going to fade into oblivion. now i just wonder whats going to happen next...

it'll totally blow my mind if they become some really huge act selling out stadiums and such, but maybe im getting a bit ahead of myself wink.gif still, i am so proud of these guys. how far they've come since i've first seen them!

I know! I mean, just last year, they were playing to crowds of 20-... and now it's hard to a find a show that isnt 200+... this before MTV.

I think they can really blow up from the VMAs if word spreads fast. If they're the talk of the town, then there's a chance they can blow up. So hopefully *fingers crossed*
  • Oh man, they were awesome tonight!! Haha, I just watched it (time difference) but it was worth the wait. I'm so glad I have it taped too. smile.gif
  • Hee, I'm so, so glad no-one got hurt. And they did it all flawlessly (minus dan's shoe).
    Their little jumping celebrations at the end were so cute biggrin.gif

I really want an OK Go treadmill.