In this Discussion

OK Go on VMAs

Comments

• Is Damian wearing a velvet suit? Because it looks like velvet, or a rip-off of.
  • It does, doesn't it? I bet its velveteen or a different rip-off, as its thinner than I think of velvet as being, but I really have no clue. could be real velvet. I mean, it is the red carpet, after all.

they look far less glamorous, and more normal, in their attire when on the red carpet. It's kinda funny.

well, plus there isn't much color in their clothes. which probably helps. huh.
  • Have you noticed that they seem to be wearing less color (in regard to pants and jackets)? It's more black & earthtoned & navy blue. I haven't noticed any colorful clothing.
  • Damian's suit is fantastic
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Sep 1 2006, 10:23 AM)
    Screw Timberlake, Ok go has brought Sexy back.

Haha, right on.

I loved loved loved their performance.
  • their performance made me smile, and it was worth watching jack black shoot himself in the foot for an hour. although, a few people said that okgo was ripping off jamiroquai's virtual insanity video, but did HE jump across 8 different treadmills and risk getting his hair caught on a conveyer belt? i don't think so.
  • i didnt think they could pull that off live so well.
    god i love them even more for it.

oh it would be horrible if they got their hair caught in the treadmill! but i can totally envision that happening someday.
  • but they DID have a move dedicated to/ named after him...
    the "Jamiroquai" move (where Damian slipped a bit in the video) was supposedly the hardest one to get right.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 1 2006, 01:16 PM)
    but they DID have a move dedicated to/ named after him...
    the "Jamiroquai" move (where Damian slipped a bit in the video) was supposedly the hardest one to get right.

I think Jamiroquai would feel honored.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Sep 1 2006, 10:32 AM)
    I couldn't let this go without commenting. Have you guys ever even heard anything by AFI besides a single or two? (If you have and you genuinely don't like them then fine, but don't talk shit just cause of the way they look) They're actually talented guys and they've been a band for 10 years. They absolutely deserve some recognition. And you guys said all that without bothering to mention that an actually shitty band (Avenged Sevenfold) got an award without deserving it....Sorry, I'm not trying to start anything but I had to say that. On to Ok Go...

Yeah I've heard more than I couple of singles and I really didn't like them.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Sep 1 2006, 12:37 PM)
    Have you noticed that they seem to be wearing less color (in regard to pants and jackets)? It's more black & earthtoned & navy blue. I haven't noticed any colorful clothing.

probably because like, since the VMAs are such a big thing (well, compared to what they were used to), they didn't want anyone to be like, "we don't even know these guys and WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!" you know? like playing it safe.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjCL0_0Il7w

the only reenactment i approve of. lol, it's really cute.
  • That was f-ing BRILLIANT!
    Oh man... they even got the skating in.
    Wow... Props to them.
  • that is SO ADORABLE. i love how the Tim and Dan ones don't have hair. but you know, i never really noticed that Dan was balding.
  • BWE blog mention... again.

“Isn’t it ironic that the OK Go video “Here It Goes Again” owes its success to You Tube, and their success really had nothing to do with MTV.”

that's all.

but whatever, I felt like posting about it.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 2 2006, 10:26 AM)
    BWE blog mention... again.

“Isn’t it ironic that the OK Go video “Here It Goes Again” owes its success to You Tube, and their success really had nothing to do with MTV.”

that's all.

but whatever, I felt like posting about it.

That made me giggle.
  • A lot of the articles I've read say stuff like that. "Isn't it funny that the best performance of the night didn't even get famous on MTV?"

BWE loves OK Go by the way.
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Sep 1 2006, 06:23 PM)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjCL0_0Il7w

the only reenactment i approve of. lol, it's really cute.

Someone has a lot of time on his hands.

...but I admit, it's AWESOME.
  • now this is truly hilarious.

Clay Aiken fan blog, btw.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Sep 2 2006, 10:36 AM)
    Someone has a lot of time on his hands.
    ...but I admit, it's AWESOME.

Does anyone think that maybe Lego!Damian is hotter than Real!Damian?