In this Discussion

The Anime Appreciation thread

Comments

• QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Oct 6 2006, 11:23 AM)
    and only half of the last saga of GT(which sould never have been made)

agreed... but I watched ALL of it anyways... more than3 times *sigh*
  • Somehow, I can't quite get myself into anime. I love manga and have a 100+ collection but whenever I watch anime, I feel like something is missing. I suppose I'm just a book person.

My favourites include overly dramatic shoujo stories and BL.

Edit: Ah yes. There are exceptions to my first comment, such as Pokemon.
  • It's just that they change the anime alot from the manga most of the time. I love to read the books first though. SO I totally understand what you mean there.

You know this reminded me of another one.. it's a game turned manga then anime, Dragon Quest: Fly.... I used to love that one, but they never finished the anime, which had me HOOKED!! 'twas awsome though.

Hikaru No Go, Zenki, Excel Saga.... yup.
  • i used to watch dragon ball! wow,

is it lame that i love naruto? ever see naruto?
  • The dubbed version of Naruto is horrible, and the anime isn't as good as the manga anyway in my opinion. I'm very biased, however.
  • Totally off-topic, but I just wanted to say, Polaris, that your icon is darling. Who is it a pic of? I always picture that the one making posts is that character. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Polaris @ Oct 9 2006, 01:03 PM)
    The dubbed version of Naruto is horrible, and the anime isn't as good as the manga anyway in my opinion. I'm very biased, however.

dubbed is soooo bad, i get the origionals with captions.... cant do dubbed man.

and im told the mangas are better, less filler
  • why do they hire such lame actors to do dubbing! They sound so unethusiastic and as if they're just reading. Or they use actors who's voices couldn't possibly fit the part of the character. Fruits Basket has pretty bad dubbing. Full Metal Panic's is not too bad. Dubbing is EVIL!
  • what do you guys think of anime music videos?
  • Aaagh, watching the dubbed version of Neon Genesis plus having captions on is horible, it's like you'll hear them say "Hey, how's it going?" and the caption will be something like "why hello there, how are you doing today?" I know it's not much, it's just so damn confusing though!
  • they are making 5 new moves of neon

oh my
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 10 2006, 12:21 AM)
    what do you guys think of anime music videos?

aww... my friend makes amvs.

I think they're cute.
  • I love Naruto, I've seen 1 epesode in the English version and I don't like it at ALL! I love it in Japanese... but there are so many effing fillers *some were pretty good actually haha, I love the rich kid with the hanging booger.. it was pretty hilarious that one*, I'm not complaining here, but I need new Anime episodes pronto... my brother has all the mangas that come out each week *dunno how he gets them* so I'm pretty much in the know of what's happening... so yes Sweetness, the mangas are WAY better wink.gif
  • yeah.... welll.... um.... non pearl is better. so take that.... punk.
  • haha you're too adorable.
  • Now, now Pearl and Sweetness. I'd hate to see your debate turn into this:

Oh, how I love Fruits Basket wub.gif
  • waahaaa sweetness is picking on meeeeeeeee!

lmfao I love it when Kyo picks on Momiji
  • bleach

need i say more

(i can say more if you wish)
  • has anybody ever read Death Note?
  • elfen lied!