In this Discussion

okgosongs yahoo account

Comments

• QUOTE (sherib @ Oct 31 2006, 12:19 AM)
    Der, as some dumbfuck American shouted out during one of the French scenes at the performance of "Henry V" I attended at the Globe Theater in London in 1997,

Talk American

wink.gif laugh.gif

I've never been so embarrassed for my country in my entire life. At least this person was nowhere near my group.

Soooooooooo sorry Sheri!! I was selfish sad.gif sorry to everyone, I just forgot to translate!
    I'll talk my awfull tarzanish american (i'm so embaraced, sorry guys...)

"Sorry guys! I've been missing during this week because I had to go to college everyday! Hi Marianna and welcome. I think you're the first brazilian and I have the honor to think that I'm the first portuguese (I don't actually know if I am or not but it feels good to think that I am). It's great to know that there are more "speakers" of the beautifull (and I have no idea how to translate the other adjective) language of Camões (a dude that lived during the XV century and wrote a reeeeeally long poetry book. It's like our Shakespeare, but not in the theatre, in poetry). I hope you have tons of fun in this forum because people here are extremly nice (Katy is great, you'll see) and ok go are the best band in the world.

Btw, I'll introduce myself, my name is Sara, but call me Mia please because I prefere it and because there are already plenty sara's here. I'm from Setúbal, a city near Lisbon and I'm also new around here. If you ever need anything, just say"

Marianna, I LOOOOOVE the Rio! It's the most beautifull city that I've ever been to. Too bad it has all of those "favelas" . I've heard of Petropolis while I was there. Gosh I miss copacabana's beaches!And the calçadão...don't you want to exchange houses with me for a month?tongue.gif
    Btw, Marianna, how old are you?
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Nov 1 2006, 04:48 PM)
    Marianna, I LOOOOOVE the Rio! It's the most beautifull city that I've ever been to. Too bad it has all of those "favelas" . I've heard of Petropolis while I was there. Gosh I miss copacabana's beaches!And the calçadão...don't you want to exchange houses with me for a month?tongue.gif
    Btw, Marianna, how old are you?

Wow, in the name of the people in Rio, I say thanks! smile.gif
    Indeed, it's a nice and beautiful place, though some poverty and stuff. Petrópolis is quieter than Rio, of course, but is also very beautiful. Fell free to come to Brazil anytime, and stay at my place!! tongue.gif

Hum, I wish Ok Go would read this last sentence and come over to visit me! biggrin.gif

And I'm 26 years old! Are fans here older or younger than me?
  • both!

I'm younger, I'm a mere 16 and a half (grr)

but a good number of the fans on here are the same age as/older than the band themselves, too!

it's actually a very large range, which is very very nice, in my opinion.
  • No no no no no, Mia! You're fine! I was just joking; I was actually trying to make fun of the idiot who said that at the play, the one who made me embarrassed for all of America ...... "Talk American" is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Talk away in any language you want, people! I think it's great. smile.gif

Oh, and Marianna, I'm 33.
  • QUOTE (Marianna @ Nov 2 2006, 01:33 AM)
    Wow, in the name of the people in Rio, I say thanks! smile.gif
    Indeed, it's a nice and beautiful place, though some poverty and stuff. Petrópolis is quieter than Rio, of course, but is also very beautiful. Fell free to come to Brazil anytime, and stay at my place!! tongue.gif

Hum, I wish Ok Go would read this last sentence and come over to visit me! biggrin.gif

And I'm 26 years old! Are fans here older or younger than me?

Thanks for the invitation. If you ever come to Portugal, I say the same wink.gif Petrópolis must be beautifull also. I miss your weather in Brazil.

I'm younger than you, 18.

QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 2 2006, 03:49 AM)
    No no no no no, Mia! You're fine! I was just joking; I was actually trying to make fun of the idiot who said that at the play, the one who made me embarrassed for all of America ...... "Talk American" is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Talk away in any language you want, people! I think it's great. smile.gif

Oh, and Marianna, I'm 33.

I really forgot to translate. It was really stupid.
    There was a simpson's episode where Homer also said "talk american!". It made me laugh... People here also say things like that but related to Brazil. Like "they speak brazilian", there's also no such thing.
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Nov 2 2006, 03:55 PM)
    There was a simpson's episode where Homer also said "talk american!". It made me laugh... People here also say things like that but related to Brazil. Like "they speak brazilian", there's also no such thing.

Exactely!

By the way, Mia, I have a blog, and it's all written in Portuguese. Feel free to read it all and comment. Lots of perspectives on OK Go lately, I must say:

www.wonderfool.blogspot.com

cool.gif
  • Anybody know who recorded the live songs in the account? One of the shows is Montreal--was that Pam maybe?
    And does anybody have date & city information for the other (live) ones?
    Thanks.
  • QUOTE (Marianna @ Nov 3 2006, 11:10 PM)
    Exactely!

By the way, Mia, I have a blog, and it's all written in Portuguese. Feel free to read it all and comment. Lots of perspectives on OK Go lately, I must say:

www.wonderfool.blogspot.com

cool.gif

I'm on it!
    thanks for the invitation laugh.gif
    I'll leave you a comment
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Nov 4 2006, 06:46 PM)
    I'm on it!
    thanks for the invitation laugh.gif
    I'll leave you a comment

Thanks!!!

QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 4 2006, 06:44 PM)
    Anybody know who recorded the live songs in the account? One of the shows is Montreal--was that Pam maybe?
    And does anybody have date & city information for the other (live) ones?
    Thanks.

anybody? I'd like to know too.
  • hum...did anybody change the password for okgosongs@gmail.com, maybe? I can't log in sad.gif.
  • The password is still 'cinnamonl' l for lips.
  • can anybody give the password for the yahoo account? (sorry if it's written on the topic and I've missed it)
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Nov 5 2006, 03:17 PM)
    can anybody give the password for the yahoo account? (sorry if it's written on the topic and I've missed it)

The yahoo account doesn't actually exist anymore, it's a gmail account now, password is cinnamonl. smile.gif
  • ok thank you laugh.gif
  • I have a not-live version of "Tough To Have A Crush"... shall I upload that to the account for anyone?
  • QUOTE (ZzLeigh @ Nov 5 2006, 04:04 PM)
    I have a not-live version of "Tough To Have A Crush"... shall I upload that to the account for anyone?

YES!!! SURE!!!

Thanks a lot for that!

cool.gif
  • Done and done.
  • YAY!

Hum... silly question.

You sent the song to which account? Gmail or Yahoo?

EDIT: found it here!! Thanks.
  • QUOTE (ZzLeigh @ Nov 5 2006, 07:04 PM)
    I have a not-live version of "Tough To Have A Crush"... shall I upload that to the account for anyone?

*sigh*

Okay, now that Marianna has it, I'm going to go delete it.

As far as I know, we're still going with the "nothing that's available for commercial purchase" rule, and the EPs are definitely still up for commercial purchase. In fact, they're probably the only CDs you can buy from OK Go that they'll actually get any money from.

(If there's a major outcry, I will remove said rule, but that's what I'm going with. Just for future reference. biggrin.gif)
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 5 2006, 03:58 PM)
    *sigh*

Okay, now that Marianna has it, I'm going to go delete it.

As far as I know, we're still going with the "nothing that's available for commercial purchase" rule, and the EPs are definitely still up for commercial purchase. In fact, they're probably the only CDs you can buy from OK Go that they'll actually get any money from.
    (If there's a major outcry, I will remove said rule, but that's what I'm going with. Just for future reference. biggrin.gif)

Oops, sorry!! unsure.gif