In this Discussion

GRAMMY NOMINIATION!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Feb 13 2007, 12:41 AM)
    I have a connection at wireimage that gives me exclusive rights aslong as I watermark them.

wow! that's so awesome!

http://photos.okgoweb.com/displayimage.php...um=15&pos=2

this one is my favorite:
  • There are so many pictures that has all of them in it I do not see why the news uses the one that is missing Andy. Bone heads
  • I uploaded the video where they talked about their shock (and the camera ppl leave Andy out, bah)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWHRUQ4XZkk

but I just uploaded it so it will need like 15 minutes to process or however long youtube takes to process
  • Bastards LOL

QUOTE (Tabetha @ Feb 12 2007, 10:17 PM)
    I uploaded the video where they talked about their shock (and the camera ppl leave Andy out, bah)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWHRUQ4XZkk

but I just uploaded it so it will need like 15 minutes to process or however long youtube takes to process
  • dunno if this has been mentioned before (mainly bc i'm too lazy to go check the past pages), but OK Go was mentioned on Pink is the New Blog! biggrin.gif YAY!!

click linky! (feb12th entry)
    The boys of OK GO, on the other hand, looked great. Obvs they wore these outfits to bring attention to their new music video (which I don't believe has been released yet) which, apparently, will have the guys blending in with the background wallpaper (a la the gag in the movie Garden State). Incidentally, the OK GO guys won the Grammy Award for Best Short Form Music Video for their video Here It Goes Again (you know, the one with the treadmills).
  • QUOTE (keaton @ Feb 12 2007, 09:14 PM)
    I think he's being misquoted. He said "thanks...for NOT being an asshole."

One could guess all day long what inspired him to say that. My guess is that he was reflecting on they first invited Andy to join the band - he was a stranger who tried out, not a known friend or quantity. Damian has said many other times how extraordinarily well Andy fits in, so I think this is more of the same. It just is easy to misinterpret (based on the linguistic concept that a negative actually plants the idea it is trying to refute...so he said "NOT...an asshole" and what the mind registers is "asshole").

Actually, he said "thanks for not being a COMPLETE asshole", which would imply that Andy was being somewhat LIKE an asshole. =X

So I dunno.
  • Bakersfield Fan! Will your sweet connection at WireImage hook me up with a picture or two, so I have a souvenir to show my grandkids? "Gather round, my little peanuts, while crusty, scabby old Granny tells you the story about the treadmills and the paisley and the Grammy ONE MORE FUCKING TIME."
  • I am suddenly shamed in the presence of Profound Awesomeness.
  • QUOTE (Snark-a-Snoops @ Feb 12 2007, 11:03 PM)
    Bakersfield Fan! Will your sweet connection at WireImage hook me up with a picture or two, so I have a souvenir to show my grandkids? "Gather round, my little peanuts, while crusty, scabby old Granny tells you the story about the treadmills and the paisley and the Grammy ONE MORE FUCKING TIME."

I know I've said this before, but, CONGRATU-FREAKIN-LATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely LOOOOOOOOVED your dress! How were the after parties?!?!?!?
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Feb 13 2007, 03:54 PM)
    I love that Dan spoke! He sounded shocked and excited! Now all we need is to hear from Andy sad.gif

There used to be a video on youtube which was an interview with JUST Andy and Dan. I nearly died when I found it. And played several times. And favourited.

It's gone now sad.gif
  • QUOTE (stripygiraffe @ Feb 13 2007, 10:38 AM)
    There used to be a video on youtube which was an interview with JUST Andy and Dan. I nearly died when I found it. And played several times. And favourited.

It's gone now sad.gif

do u remember that video's title? i might have that somewhere.
    i ripped about 200 different ok go's videos from yourtube for my friend, before i joined this fourm... so maybe... just maybe.. wink.gif

edit: is this screen shot looks like the same interview?
  • QUOTE (Snark-a-Snoops @ Feb 13 2007, 02:03 AM)
    Bakersfield Fan! Will your sweet connection at WireImage hook me up with a picture or two, so I have a souvenir to show my grandkids? "Gather round, my little peanuts, while crusty, scabby old Granny tells you the story about the treadmills and the paisley and the Grammy ONE MORE FUCKING TIME."

And the little tykes will reply, "You're so fucking cool, Grandma!" laugh.gif

Congratulations, Trish! Rockin' dress!
  • QUOTE (Snark-a-Snoops @ Feb 13 2007, 02:03 AM)

I almost spit out my tea at that one.

Trish, you're my hero. ;-D Well, not really, but that was a rather funny mental image.

And now, here everyone - have a screen cap and a link from AOL this morning:
    http://news.aol.com/entertainment/music/ar...211212809990001
  • thanks everyone for posting all of this great okgo grammyness! ... heh ill have to wait till i get home to actually see them though..

QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Feb 13 2007, 01:52 AM)
    Actually, he said "thanks for not being a COMPLETE asshole", which would imply that Andy was being somewhat LIKE an asshole. =X

So I dunno.

hahhaha i was going to bring that up also.

QUOTE (Snark-a-Snoops @ Feb 13 2007, 02:03 AM)

woot trish! if snark a snoops releases an album it would surely win best musical childrens album. Or at least best spoken word album?
    and yes your dress rocked it.
  • OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm such a lausy fan!!!!
    I only knew today!!!
    I was at the library with my laptop and I just saw it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I nearly yelled "THEY WON!!THEY WON!!!" but I just said very excited to the people next to me...I haven't yelled...
    OMG it's almost too cool to be true!!!!!!!
  • Another OKGo news article mention. They didnt think the outfits were funny. http://www.chicagoist.com/archives/2007/02...t_that_zing.php
  • Are the people who wrote the article dense!!!!!!!!??????
    of course it was funny!!it was awesome!!
  • awww....

... well screw them
  • I left a comment on that news article and she responded. What a biatch lol.
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Feb 13 2007, 12:23 PM)
    I left a comment on that news article and she responded. What a biatch lol.

I love you, Adrienne!
    hehe, she couldn't even respond to your second point.