In this Discussion

GRAMMY NOMINIATION!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• TOTAL & COMPLETE EDIT:

Any Grammy after party pictures? Or did they hop the plane back to Germany right away?

I'm looking at you, ihave7stars. biggrin.gif
  • so, chris isaak was at the grammys interviewing people on behalf of the tonight show i guess. and they showed his vid. on jay last night, and he talked to ok go. i was kind of freaking out. i can't remember all that was said, but i remember that chris said something about he wouldn't have any sex moves if he was wearing one of the masks, and damian told him that it sounded like he needs new sex moves, or something to that effect. it was really quite funny, and i'm trying to find a video. but i haven't had much luck. just thought i would throw that out there, haha.
  • Thank you all for the links, they are great
  • QUOTE (justbelieve87 @ Feb 13 2007, 01:32 PM)
    so, chris isaak was at the grammys interviewing people on behalf of the tonight show i guess. and they showed his vid. on jay last night, and he talked to ok go. i was kind of freaking out. i can't remember all that was said, but i remember that chris said something about he wouldn't have any sex moves if he was wearing one of the masks, and damian told him that it sounded like he needs new sex moves, or something to that effect. it was really quite funny, and i'm trying to find a video. but i haven't had much luck. just thought i would throw that out there, haha.

I think you can buy Leno clips from itunes. I'd do it, but, well, I'm too cheap and I'll just keep hoping it gets on youtube.
  • QUOTE (stripygiraffe @ Feb 13 2007, 02:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=98839
    do u remember that video's title? i might have that somewhere.
    i ripped about 200 different ok go's videos from yourtube for my friend, before i joined this fourm... so maybe... just maybe.. wink.gif
    edit: is this screen shot looks like the same interview?

YES! that's the video! Can you put it up?

QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Feb 13 2007, 10:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=98901
    so, chris isaak was at the grammys interviewing people on behalf of the tonight show i guess. and they showed his vid. on jay last night, and he talked to ok go. i was kind of freaking out. i can't remember all that was said, but i remember that chris said something about he wouldn't have any sex moves if he was wearing one of the masks, and damian told him that it sounded like he needs new sex moves, or something to that effect. it was really quite funny, and i'm trying to find a video. but i haven't had much luck. just thought i would throw that out there, haha.

OMG, I saw that too! I didn't know Chris Isaak was so funny!
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Feb 13 2007, 07:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=98916

this is the video
    enjoy it
  • QUOTE (tinytot @ Feb 13 2007, 12:07 PM)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TL3VBO7H

this is the video
    enjoy it

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif tongue.gif
    Thank you so much!!!! Any other videos you got handy? tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Feb 13 2007, 08:18 PM)
    ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif tongue.gif
    Thank you so much!!!! Any other videos you got handy? tongue.gif

i have 200+ yourtube videos going anyone want them?
  • QUOTE (tinytot @ Feb 13 2007, 02:21 PM)

you are really going to be put to work now. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (HMMbands @ Feb 13 2007, 08:26 PM)
    you are really going to be put to work now. laugh.gif

oh yes... and thanks to you half of those i uploaded them in other forum already

laugh.gif laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (tinytot @ Feb 13 2007, 02:58 PM)
    oh yes... and thanks to you half of those i uploaded them in other forum already

laugh.gif laugh.gif

i know biggrin.gif oh, you know u love it. laugh.gif wink.gif
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Feb 13 2007, 02:52 AM)
    Actually, he said "thanks for not being a COMPLETE asshole", which would imply that Andy was being somewhat LIKE an asshole. =X

So I dunno.

Um, you're reading into this a little too much. That's just Damian's sense of humour.
  • QUOTE (tinytot @ Feb 13 2007, 12:21 PM)

umm....Yeah!?! laugh.gif tongue.gif You need to start a new thread with all these videos wink.gif Everyone will be talking about you! Don't you want the fame and glory?

and just so I'm not soooo of topic......

OK GO WON A FUCKING GRAMMY!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!1
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Feb 13 2007, 09:44 PM)
    umm....Yeah!?! laugh.gif tongue.gif You need to start a new thread with all these videos wink.gif Everyone will be talking about you! Don't you want the fame and glory?
    and just so I'm not soooo of topic......

OK GO WON A FUCKING GRAMMY!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!1

i should start my list tomorrow morning

and i can rip anything into audio... ok maybe 99.9%... but who care..
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 13 2007, 01:23 PM)
    Um, you're reading into this a little too much. That's just Damian's sense of humour.

Hey hey hey. I don't mean offense. I love them as much as the next person here; I think I'm borderline OCD about them smile.gif I just want to find out the truth though. Aren't we, as humans, analytical by nature? We rip apart and examine all their lyrics and little interviews too, right? And actually, I just listened to it once and that came out as odd to me; I didn't listen to him 10 times and discover, "heey, the treble of his voice decreased slightly at 1:05", hehe smile.gif I'm just saying. Damian didn't chuckle or anything after giving his shoutout to Andy. With Tim and Dan, he paused a bit to think of cute and clever things to say, but with Andy, it was just like, kablam. Unless he smiled and since we can't see that, I am just really overanalyzing this. smile.gif I hope so. I really do.

But of course, no matter what, I'll still follow OKGO with a blind zeal forever and everything smile.gif
  • Nobody's offended, I'm just saying don't take it so seriously. Damian makes really dry jokes all the time, and like keaton said, he's probably just alluding to the fact that Andy's relatively new to the band and didn't end up being an asshole, adding the "total" part just to kid around like guys do with their friends.
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Feb 13 2007, 09:31 PM)
    Hey hey hey. I don't mean offense. I love them as much as the next person here; I think I'm borderline OCD about them smile.gif I just want to find out the truth though. Aren't we, as humans, analytical by nature? We rip apart and examine all their lyrics and little interviews too, right? And actually, I just listened to it once and that came out as odd to me; I didn't listen to him 10 times and discover, "heey, the treble of his voice decreased slightly at 1:05", hehe smile.gif I'm just saying. Damian didn't chuckle or anything after giving his shoutout to Andy. With Tim and Dan, he paused a bit to think of cute and clever things to say, but with Andy, it was just like, kablam. Unless he smiled and since we can't see that, I am just really overanalyzing this. smile.gif I hope so. I really do.

But of course, no matter what, I'll still follow OKGO with a blind zeal forever and everything smile.gif

I didn't really think too long on it, to be honest, because the answer is semi-obvious to me. Andy's the new guy. It's not easy to let a new guy into a band, I'd imagine, because you are putting a lot of trust into someone you've never met. It's almost like asking someone you've never met to move in with you because they take good notes in class and can help you study. I'm guessing here, but really isn't the best thing about Andy in this particular case the fact that he isn't a complete asshole? Because he could've been. And then they'd have to find yet ANOTHER new guitarist. But he's just celebrated his second anniversary with the band, and one of those years has been the most successful the band has ever seen (no disrespect meant to Andy Duncan at all). Hooray! We got this guy and he's a great guitarist and a great keyboard player, he's willing to go along with our wacky dancing and costume shtick, AND he's NOT AN ASSHOLE!!!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!

Ok. So maybe after that long paragraph it looks like I thought about it awhile. I swear it took more time to explain than it took to think of.
  • Ah, I see now. I'm glad then. Good smile.gif

Hooray! We got this guy and he's a great guitarist and a great keyboard player, he's willing to go along with our wacky dancing and costume shtick, AND he's NOT AN ASSHOLE!!!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!

You're completely right! Andy is pretty down to just jump in and go along with the dance. Phew

My world has righted itself again. Yes!

and ah! CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS AGAIN!
  • Here's another possibility re Damian's Andy comment.

(Not to dwell on the subject, since this is a CELEBRATION!, but I will anyway.)

Suppose he meant it as a comparison to the previous Andy?

I've read that he and Damian weren't the best of friends.

So it would be a compliment to A ndy Ross.

Sort of.
  • QUOTE (rkpetersen @ Feb 13 2007, 09:58 PM)
    I've read that he and Damian weren't the best of friends.

Hmm, that's a very clever concept, but I heard somewhere that he and old Andy were high school best friends.