In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Mar 7 2007, 07:56 PM)
    Well, we were planning on making a candy bar for him (and naming it the AndyBar biggrin.gif), but we ran out of time. And we wanted to wrap it in paisley wrapping paper. But all we could find were paisley napkins. And I had to set the whole thing up in the car on the way to the concert. So we ended up wrapping a note written on the inside of a napkin around a Hershey's bar(so lame) and then wrapping that whole thing again in a second napkin. The note on the outside said "Happy It's-Almost-Your-Birthday Andy!! Have an AndyBar to celebrate!" Then the inside note said "Well, actually it's just a Hershey's bar, but that's the best we could do on short notice. Love, *insert names here*" The kicker, though, is that we had no tape, so it wouldn't stay together. I ended up using the side of a kid's band-aid. It was yellow and had a monkey on it. tongue.gif I wish I could've been there to explain all the oddness to him, but I kind of like the idea of him getting something so random with no explanation. It's fun.

So....yeah. tongue.gif

That is absolutely hilarious! I'd definitely love to know what he thought of it!
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Mar 8 2007, 01:46 AM)
    Thanks Tempe. I'm not satisfied with my bag though. I'll probably create a new one. I was in such a hurry to have it before the show last Saturday. Which I am glad I did since Damian kinda commented on it. BTW, did any of you board members send the band paisley bags? Because he mentioned it to me. Just letting you know, he still remembers them.

I didn't give the boys a paisley bag, but I did show up to a signing with this purse
    Damian complemented it and I think the whole band liked it!
  • QUOTE (kaydragon @ Mar 8 2007, 04:05 PM)
    I didn't give the boys a paisley bag, but I did show up to a signing with this purse
    Damian complemented it and I think the whole band liked it!

That's pretty awesome as well! Feel free to post it on the facebook group along with your comics!
  • As said before, I did dress up as Damian for that school Heroes day.
    I have a photo, here, but it's the wrong way around, along with lacking in the tie, broach, wavy hair and general smug attitude that was present on the actual day (it was taken the night before).

I did take my HIGA CD insert with me in case people asked (which they did. It was saddening).

..I'll take another (better) photo soon.
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Mar 8 2007, 08:46 AM)
    BTW, did any of you board members send the band paisley bags? Because he mentioned it to me. Just letting you know, he still remembers them.

Hmm, you mean like cloth tote bags of some sort, or gift bags?

I gave them things in gift bags that look like the DWYW wallpaper but I doubt that's memorable (enough to mention, anyway).
  • YKYOW you listen to another band and almost feel like you're cheating on OK Go. Totally irrational!! blink.gif
  • YKYOW...

When someone says "Okay, go," you point it out excitedly.

Example (this was me):
    Me: Chelsea, rewind. Okay...go. Oh, haha. I said "OK Go." *huge burst of giggles* Okay, go. Look! I said it again!
  • Whenever your friend is drawing a picture you go up to her and say:
    "Heyyyy, dude, man, like.... touch the paper, like... with your mind.....
    Then say: "Okay..... okay.... okay.... okay.... okay.... okay...... GO."
  • YKYOW you try to teach your art teacher that story and make him do it as you work. And have a go at him for not having long hair or smoking pot.

He's quite worried about me now biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Feb 27 2007, 05:28 PM)
    Damian said something about insanity last night. Or, he might have used the word "frightening". I can't remember specifically what he was talking about... I think it had something to do with the ping pong paddle I brought to get signed. He thought it was really cool because I'd taken pliers to pull of most of the knobby things that are on ppps so that they'd be able to sign it with no trouble. I'd left a few though so that it read "OK Go" in their logo style. So he told me it was "awesome", lol. But somehow connected to that with something I said, he said "I'm not sure if that's really cool, or frightening". It might have had something to do with Oliver though. I was in so much shock to be talking to The Kulash, I can only remember bits and pieces of things, which makes me quite sad sad.gif But when he said that bit, I wanted to burst out laughing cuz I was thinking "goodness, you've NO idea!"

this is like super late lol, but I still felt compelled to clarify. this is exactly what Damian said when we handed him our ping pong paddles and described how we got them to say ok go:

"that's fucking awesome! actually, that's kind of scary (frightening?)"
    and then he informed us:
    "wow, you guys have reached a whole new level of superlative!"

YKYOW: you completely freak out when you get a postcard from Brown University. and then you tape it to your wall blink.gif (ahaha. I'm so insane)

...and ykyow your parents figure out that the only way they can get you to talk is by bringing up OK Go
  • QUOTE (crazyfrogg @ Mar 10 2007, 11:55 AM)
    ...and ykyow your parents figure out that the only way they can get you to talk is by bringing up OK Go

Haha, that one is actually kind of funny.

YKYOW your mom finally realizes that Damian Kulash is fancied by much more people than her daughter, and starts getting defensive for you. Saying things like, "Don't those hussies know that he's yours?" or, "They need to back off your man!"

Ah, there's a reason why I <3 her so.
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Mar, 12:12 PM)

YKYOW your mom finally realizes that Damian Kulash is fancied by much more people than her daughter, and starts getting defensive for you. Saying things like, "Don't those hussies know that he's yours?" or, "They need to back off your man!"

LOL. A little like my parents watching the DVD with me while I visited.
    Mom: "There's her buddy!" (pointing out Dan to my dad, just because by that time I'd only been to one concert and I got to talk a lot to Dan--woohoo!).
  • QUOTE (crazyfrogg @ Mar 10 2007, 11:55 AM)
    this is like super late lol, but I still felt compelled to clarify. this is exactly what Damian said when we handed him our ping pong paddles and described how we got them to say ok go:

"that's fucking awesome! actually, that's kind of scary (frightening?)"
    and then he informed us:
    "wow, you guys have reached a whole new level of superlative!"
    YKYOW: you completely freak out when you get a postcard from Brown University. and then you tape it to your wall blink.gif (ahaha. I'm so insane)

My parents figured that out as well, I'm surprised they haven't memorized all of OK Go's cds in order to get segway material.

QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Mar 11 2007, 03:12 AM)

That's awesome! I wish my mom was that cool (she is starting to get there, she finally understands why I felt it necessary to buy another copy of OK Go because it was the black version and had a different case)!
  • QUOTE (hyannah77 @ Mar 11 2007, 02:40 PM)
    That's awesome! I wish my mom was that cool (she is starting to get there, she finally understands why I felt it necessary to buy another copy of OK Go because it was the black version and had a different case)!

My parents are rather understanding as well, especially my mom.

She made my birthday cake have paisley pattern icing, pointed out Damian to my dad in a photo explaining that he was to be my future husband, and sang Get Over It to me down the phone when I was nervous that I wouldn't get into the show. And my dad regularly checks ebay for ok go posters for me smile.gif

They understand the obsession. >.<
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Mar 11 2007, 06:12 AM)

Wow, that's really cool. My mom supports my obsession to. tongue.gif

YKYOW you don't run on the treadmill when you're supposed to and your mom says "Oh, Damian misses you." (I have the ipod treadmill workout thing)
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 11 2007, 06:52 AM)
    My parents are rather understanding as well, especially my mom.

She made my birthday cake have paisley pattern icing, pointed out Damian to my dad in a photo explaining that he was to be my future husband, and sang Get Over It to me down the phone when I was nervous that I wouldn't get into the show. And my dad regularly checks ebay for ok go posters for me smile.gif
    They understand the obsession. >.<

My mom doesn't quite understand the poster thing quite yet. In fact, any time I buy something off of ebay OK Go related she gets upset at me.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 10 2007, 07:55 PM)
    YKYOW you try to teach your art teacher that story and make him do it as you work. And have a go at him for not having long hair or smoking pot.

He's quite worried about me now biggrin.gif

OMG
    chkl, the hott one???

u so crazy.
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Mar 11 2007, 07:11 PM)
    OMG
    chkl, the hott one???

u so crazy.

Yes, the hot one biggrin.gif

We have a very.... special relationship.

I once stood behind him and made him stroke the paper, so my hand was on his and he was like "as fun as this is, pretending to be OK Go, this is VERY inappropriate.

So I had to stop.
  • ^^^^

chkl, OMG!!!

poor u had to stop touching the hott guy. sad.gif
    is he really old??
  • Lol laugh.gif

Nah not really - he's 31. But he's going out with the Religious Education teacher - grrr!!!1