In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 22 2007, 09:15 PM)
    I don't know why the fuck I bother.
    What's the matter?
  • You OK Katy?

P.S. it's about 60 degrees here in Montreal, and everyone has kind of reemerged from living 6 months underground (almost literally) looking kind of confused yet happy. I CAN GO OUTSIDE WITHOUT A JACKET! One of my roommates and I celebrated by getting Ben&Jerry's and sitting on the porch of our new apartment (that overlooks a construction site that we call "the pit of despair").
  • Yeah, what's wrong, katy?
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Apr 23 2007, 03:56 AM)
    in other news, I visited Smith College on Friday! I really really really really really liked it, too. which is good, cause if I didn't Katy would behead me or something. Cause she's been telling me to go there since I joined the boards.
    they have courses in Medeival Welsh and Old Norse and cool stuff like that.
    plus I can take Volcanology courses if I wanted to, @ UMass.
    and no required courses, which is totally awesome.
    and really cool houses instead of dorm-ish dorms. (I actually saw Park, and I was like, "hey! this's where katy lives when she's not being French!" but I couldnt say anything cause then I'd have to explain how I knew you and it would have been majorly awkward. But it was fun. In my head.)
    And it's in Northhampton, which is also totally awesome.

I need to come back next year to visit again, and maybe sleep over and stuff like that.
    We're four years apart, though. So if I went there Katy'd already have graduated. But that's okay, it's just another reason to come back next year for an extended visit.

WHOOOOO! I'm glad you liked it. wub.gif

The five college consortium is seriously one of the best things about Smith, or any of those schools. I've only taken one off-campus class, but it's nice to know that you have 'round about 5,000 classes to choose from. And the no requirements thing = awesome. And NoHo = awesome. Smith is just a really great place, period.

(Obviously there are drawbacks. Like the lack of men. dry.gif)

You're totally welcome to visit me next year anytime you want. I have the room that I wanted (!!!), which is a pretty nice sized single. happy.gif

Re: all of you concerned people:

You-Know-Who messaged me last night. He told me that I should not deny the power of the heir of Slytherin and that TEH CHUDLEY CANNONS R TEH SUXOR LOL!

wink.gif I kid.

No, the other you-know-who messaged me last night, after we haven't spoken in about a month, which was my doing this time, because I really don't want to talk to him right now. I'm not really sure what I want to do with him; I said I want to keep him as a friend, but it's so much easier to be bitter and hurt and angry than try to figure out where to place him in my life. It's terrible, but it's true. I just don't have the time or energy to waste on him anymore.

But I'd also had a sudden "I really miss him" pang while I was on holiday, especially when I was almost stranded in Porto and just wanted to cry to someone.

So he messaged me and said that he'd wanted to talk to him, that he wrote a letter but didn't send it, that he was thinking of calling me, just to say that he's sorry. Which I know he is, I don't doubt his sincerity, but....I don't know. Instead of saying "I don't want to have this conversation" or "I don't want to talk to you," I instead engaged in a three hour MSN convo in which I did the same-as-usual sit-there-being-upset-and-not-knowing-what-to-say-while-I-stare-at-the-computer-screen thing. And I should have just ended the conversation ages before I had.

I don't know. I don't know what I want. Hence why do I even fucking bother?
  • Oh, I hate that feeling. sad.gif I always have people to talk to when I'm feeling frustrated/lost/sad/etc, but there's nobody that I really want to talk to except that one person... We're all here for you if you need us sweety smile.gif
  • Yeah, we're here if you need a chat. I actually crave your anti-male rants now. smile.gif

Did the conversation end on a positive note, at least?
  • Run for 5 minutes, stretch for 30 minutes, 15 minutes plyometrics, 20 minutes balance and strength, 45 minutes "jumping", stretch for 20 minutes = 135 minutes of do-it-yourself training. Ugh. I must have some sort of mnemonic device to remember all this.

Ronald saw Polly's bright smile, jubilantly sunny.
  • My daily exercize = running straight home and then napping until 8pm... unsure.gif *not quite so fit*

OOooo I had a little camp out on the floor in night school today with a certain Graeme (aka ridiculously attractive boy that wants to be a vet and likes to make squirrels crawl up his leg so he can feed them popcorn) and it was super fun. I didn't know he was in a band but I guess he is. He's a drummer, which is awesome, because drummers are always the best people (see: Dan Konopka).
  • Hehe.

Ooh...Dani. *nudges with elbow* Danny and what's-his-face sitting in a tree...!
  • Oh, I can only wish. laugh.gif
  • Ooooooooohhhh. By the way, I started a cool new thread. A cool revolutionary thread. A cool revolutionary complaints thread. cool.gif
  • I totally posted in it, just for you. cool.gif
  • Aparagus festival? Yuck!
  • She's gone! She's gone! The bitch Heather Mills has finally been kicked off "Dancing w/ the Stars." Stupid bitch is so desperate for attention, she actually brought a goodbye speech w/ her. All the other dancers who lose just do a final dance and leave. dry.gif
  • ooo dani thats awesome!!
    is this the same fellow who you took food to in the hospy?

and YES i'm so happy heather mills is gone!!!
    my friend is in love with apolo haha - i think hes cool though and i hope he wins!! he really is a good dancer!

lalalallala smile.gif
  • hmm well i signed up, i lurked for a day or two, and i decided there would be no place more suitable for my introduction than in a thread about random things.

so hi. i'm amy. i'm a recently recruited follower of the church of ok go, let us sing praise in their names! yes, i'm very odd. nice to meet you all smile.gif
  • Everyone: Hi Amy!
    Welcome to the boards! You'll find that many of us here are odd as well, so you'll fit right in wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 24 2007, 05:07 PM)
    Yeah, we're here if you need a chat. I actually crave your anti-male rants now. smile.gif

Did the conversation end on a positive note, at least?

It ended with him being all smiley and "night sweetie!" (which I told him to stop doing) and me kicking and screaming on my bed (well, I would have been screaming had it not been 3 am) about how much I hate him and don't want to care anymore.

I'm going to send you a man rant PM now. wink.gif

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHA.
  • Alie should reply to my pm before being corupted by you man ranting first =p

james was amazing, but i got done for speeding on a badly signposted road

so the entire cost for the gig is about £100 now, which im not so happy about..

also i have brused a good portion of the ribs on the right side of my body...ouch
  • Awww that's so sweet Dani!
    Look at my little wifey being all adorable with a guy smile.gif

Thank you, Katy, for the man-rant fix. Haha!

Welcome, Amy!