In this Discussion

Gigs

Comments

• pimpy doesnt like king lizard, due to him hating everything i love, i.e quizmania where flash found his fame

its a lovely friendship we have =p

kj wont go either, as he would get himself shot by anoying someone
  • RUFUS WAAAIIIINWRIIIIIIGHT.
  • Ah i can't wait for rufus' new album.

i'm seeing tapes n tapes and the kooks in may.
    possibly the double in late march and maximo park in july. depends on a lot of things.

i went to jamnesty in new jersey, thrown by my school and half of animal collective was there because they're frineds with First Nation, and First Nation was playing.
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Mar 18 2007, 10:13 PM)
    Ah i can't wait for rufus' new album.

i'm seeing tapes n tapes and the kooks in may.
    possibly the double in late march and maximo park in july. depends on a lot of things.

i went to jamnesty in new jersey, thrown by my school and half of animal collective was there because they're frineds with First Nation, and First Nation was playing.

Ahhhhhh good lineup!

Randomly, Animal Collective went to my roommate's high school. I've never really gotten into them, are they worth a another listen?
  • My friend and I saw Haley Joel Osment at an Animal Collective show, bahaha.
  • The Books the Books the Books
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm2fPA3Dd2k
    (Appparently their visual portion is amazing. As seen per this video)

I'm sorry I'm so excited but I can't sit still

I always feel guilty when I go to concerts of bands that have been introduced to me by my friends without said friends. I know it's silly, but I'm just overwrought with guilt anyway. My boyfriend, back when we were friends in the library, gave me a couple of their CDs. I remember putting them on at home and not really "getting it." So, I went outside and listened to them in the grass, and suddenly, it just made SENSE. It was beautiful and songs compounded onto one another into stories that continued and formed little vignettes that one could follow from song to song.
    I mean, they're lyrics are brilliant. "Smells like content" goes:
    "but then again
    the world without end
    is a place where souls are combined
    but with an overbearing feeling of disparity,
    disorderliness
    to ignore is impossible
    without getting oneself
    into all kinds of trouble
    despite one's best intentions
    not to get entangled with it so much"

And so I tell my boyfriend that I'm going to the concert and I can tell that he's upset that he won't be able to see them since he, too, thinks they're amazing.
    Why do I feel so guilty about something that's really not a big deal?
  • a week till i see james

amazing times are coming
  • HOLY SHIT!!!

the crimea, are playing the social again

this was the best gig of my life last time!

=D

garrgle barrgle...

EVEN MORE HOLY SHIT

guitar wolf are playing in nottingham the day after!
  • I was just thoroughly rocked by The Matches. They are definitely one of the best live acts I've ever seen.
  • rumor: ozomatli, ben kweller, ti and third eye blind are playing sungod (a free concert at ucsd) on may 18th.

laugh.gif excited!! not so excited about ti, but the rest...yes!
    ooh...and seeing the ENTIRE campus drunk...mmm that'll be amusing.
  • hahhaha Micheal Bubble is playing this Tv show that airs at 7am in the morning and i was seriously considering going.... but its too early for it to be plausable to see that olde crooner
    hahah mmmmmicheal...
  • ^^ I saw that guy on Parkinson (British interviews show type thing) and he was hilarious!!!! Love him biggrin.gif
  • I love him too! my dad met him in Vegas... I'm really jealous.
  • he is! i didnt really like his music that much until i heard him in this interview. he was SOO funny, which is wierd, since i thought he would be tres serious
  • FEL! I think we should wake up at 5 or so and see Mr.Buble! We can do it i'm sure! I wake at 6 everyday anyways.
  • kk... i emailed in and asked the time we have to be there... hopefully its not THAT early...
  • i'm gonna see keane tonight yay!
    my friend really likes them and has missed their tour like three times so this time she was like PLEASE LETS GO! and i'm like okay! so that should be good.

and then on sunday, myspace secret shows has a show in san diego with maroon 5!!!!!! ;falskjfsl;kdjf ahhhh so amazing i better get to go!
  • uhhh the kooks and illinois were sooo amazing friday night. i'm like way more in love with them both now.
  • ohmy.gif the kooks! how awesome!

keane was fun! weee
  • I was going to see The Mountain Goats in Brooklyn last Friday, but it ended up being too much of a hassle

so I had a midnight picnic and wore culottes instead.

It was just as fun as the show, I assume, only with less John Darnielle