In this Discussion

Gigs

Comments

• QUOTE (amberdino @ May 14 2007, 10:26 PM)
    ohmy.gif the kooks! how awesome!

keane was fun! weee

oooooo! I heart keane! Did Tom melt you with his voice?

I was going to see The Mountain Goats in Brooklyn last Friday, but it ended up being too much of a hassle

I saw sheep last saturday... they were adorable.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ May 15 2007, 03:34 PM)
    I saw sheep last saturday... they were adorable.

Me too actually! I love going to farms in spring 'cause of the lambs.
  • I was SUPPOSED to see Rooney tomorrow night, but I woke up with my right ear ringing (badly!) on Saturday morning FOR NO REASON AT ALL and it hasn't stopped yet.

So no more ear damage for me.
  • i saw the killers on wednesday, regina spektor on sunday and monday and i'm seeing kings of leon tonight!..
    then i've got interpol in june and possibly snow patrol / possibly lolapalooza in august...
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ May 15 2007, 08:34 AM)
    oooooo! I heart keane! Did Tom melt you with his voice?

oh my yes!!!! his voice sounds so amazing live mannn.. and then he seemed so happy and chipper, maybe because it was the first night of the tour? and yeah he was jumping around all over stage it was so cute ah!
    the only downer was the insame amount of ancient people and little kids with backstage passes.. drives me crazy.. i really wanna be like excuse me do you know who keane is?? gaah whatever it was still awesome!

QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ May 15 2007, 08:50 AM)
    i saw the killers on wednesday, regina spektor on sunday and monday and i'm seeing kings of leon tonight!..
    then i've got interpol in june and possibly snow patrol / possibly lolapalooza in august...

wow that is quite impressive darbie! i might also get to see interpol in june but i have a feeling its not gonna happen =/
    seems like fun times for you! smile.gif i like snow patrol live - they have fun lights man haha
  • THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS ARE HAVING A FREE SHOW AT MOHEGAN SUN IN JULY.

HOLY CRAP. HOLY CRAP.

I JUST SPELT "CARP" INSTEAD OF "CRAP" THAT'S HOW EXCITED I AM.

CAPS!
  • thats very exciting tonetoile! cool.gif
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ May 15 2007, 11:48 PM)
    THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS ARE HAVING A FREE SHOW AT MOHEGAN SUN IN JULY.

HOLY CRAP. HOLY CRAP.

I JUST SPELT "CARP" INSTEAD OF "CRAP" THAT'S HOW EXCITED I AM.

CAPS!

ekkkkkk!!! whoa, what a find.... tongue.gif
    hahah when i saw this post i had an intense urge to listen to "dont lets start"
    have fun and post pics, cause im jealous laugh.gif
  • Thanks! If I end up going (which I will, barring, say, a natural disaster), I will mos def post pictures.

Whenever I listen to Don't Let's Start, I end up whipping my head around like John Linnell in the video. Classy.

Apparently their new album is already on iTunes, but I'm just waiting until July when it is released as it should be, in physical form. I've been listening to Mink Car on repeat in order to placate my TMBG craving.
  • hahahah ive never seen the video for it, i just youtubed it and its SOO werid! aww i love it tongue.gif
  • Oh my god.
    The jealousy.
    Tonetoile you are so lucky!
  • QUOTE (Felster @ May 17 2007, 12:52 PM)
    hahahah ive never seen the video for it, i just youtubed it and its SOO werid! aww i love it tongue.gif

It's their flailing/dancing that gets me every time, though the video for Ana Ng is even more random and amazing.

It's the bounding at 2:20 that makes me happiest.

Why are they so fucking cool without trying to be?
  • do you mean the bouncing in ana ng or dont lets start?

... gah! what a useless question, but it would eat away at me for eva if i didnt ask it tongue.gif
  • Ana Ng!

They kind of bounce in both, which is why I love them, I think.

That and Dial-a-Song
  • Free Cute is What We Aim For show on tuesday, I will probably be going.
  • Is that through Myspace Secret Shows? I'm so jealous. Nothing EVER happens in Ohio. Ugh, I really hate Ohio sometimes, no most of the time.
  • The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus did a free show there.
  • its the Just for laughs comedy festivals 25th aniversary, and they are bringing the festival to toronto this year!!!

and guess what, CRAIG FERGUSON is coming to TORONTO!.... but the tickets cost 50bucks so... i wont be seeing fergi...

they are going to have a couple of free events though, so cheap me will have something to do tongue.gif..

and OHMY kids in the hall are reuniting for the festival... but too bad thier show is in montreal... sad.gif
  • KITH IS REUNITING!?? My life may be finally complete.

Hey, I meant to ask you and Mel, did you ever end up going to NXNE? I'm going to be in town for the last day, but I don't know if I need a wristband or if I can just pay at the venue or check out some of the outdoor stuff...etc, etc. Any tips?
  • OOO i got to go right now... but ill check soon and report on it. I know that they are doing this free out door show if you dont have wrist bands... but im sure you can get tickets to single shows...

END TRANSMISSION... for now..?