In this Discussion

shut up and kiss me

Comments

• QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ May 20 2007, 08:53 AM)
    Let's put it this way: if you ever even seriously consider breaking up with someone via email, text message, or MySpace, you are LAME. End of story. Ladies and gentlemen, suck it up and grow the balls to talk to the person face-to-face. Or at very very least, pick up the telephone- and NOT while you're drunk at a party.

And remember, what goes around, comes around.

QUOTE (tonetoile @ May 20 2007, 10:19 AM)
    I agree with Katy. I hate to compare this to Sex and the City (no I don't; I love Sex and the City), but it's like Berger breaking up with Carrie on a post-it note. Do it in person, or you are an asshole. Really. Though you may not care about the person as much anymore, you still owe it to them to break up with them in a personal, more dignified manner, IN PERSON.

YESS!!!! I couldn't agree more. Relationships that require a "break up" typically have some type of intimacy attached to them, too. Minimally, it's someone you kissed. It's creepy that we can be so free about intimacy but then be "too freaked out" to break up in person. What a strange imbalance.

He physically split houses that were about to be torn down.

This is amazing. I wonder what his theme was. I live in Missouri and would love to take a year to travel the Midwest and take B&W photos of all the abandoned and crumbling old barns. It would be resurrection and celebration of their old barn lives, in a way.

**hope you feel better!**
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ May 19 2007, 08:34 AM)
    p.s WHY do good guy friends have to RUIN things by saying they're in love with you when you CLEARLY have none back for them?? seriously though...

thats terribly selfish of you! who knows how long this has weighed on his mind, you gotta respect how he feels even if you dont feel the same way, he has a right to express his feelings. poor little guy friends...

kinda like the song says:

"is it cruel or kind not to speak my mind and to lie to you rather then hurt you?"

the libertines have all sorts of practical applications.
  • Sweetness - fair do's, but why when you tell him that you don't feel the same way does he have to insist that he will keep liking you til you like him back (as if that's ever going to work) and try and force himself onto you when you're on the fucking bus???

Grrrrr.
  • well... alls im saying is boys are allowed to have feelings too, just not the sort of feelings that make you come onto your friends on the bus
  • Yeah, of course. I understand that. Just as long as they dont take it too far...
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ May 20 2007, 04:40 PM)
    thats terribly selfish of you! who knows how long this has weighed on his mind, you gotta respect how he feels even if you dont feel the same way, he has a right to express his feelings. poor little guy friends....

maybe i should have elaborated more... but this is after he already kissed me, and i told him that i didn't have those feelings for him... but i still went to prom with him, still went on "dates"/hung out with him because we were BEST friends... but thats when he kept taking it farther while knowing i still didn't have those feelings for him....

i know they have feelings and have a right to express them but if you want to keep a friendship you have to be willing to supress those feelings when you have a notion they are unwanted...

at least that's my opinion.
  • Fuck it.

I'm just going to go gay.
  • oh dear. sad.gif

explain?
  • QUOTE (Thomas. @ May 21 2007, 09:19 PM)
    Fuck it.

That's what I said, and suddenly the male interest multilied.. what is it with guys and lesbians?

What's wrong, Thomas?
  • QUOTE (Thomas. @ May 21 2007, 03:19 PM)
    Fuck it.

Oh crud, you don't have a crush on a long-time female friend, do you? This would be a pretty disparaging thread.
  • QUOTE (Thomas. @ May 21 2007, 01:19 PM)
    Fuck it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PLEAAASEEEEEE.
    gay people have problems too! fuck they probably have more!

gah don't do it thomas!
    whats wrong? we're all here to help with your dilemmas!

cool.gif
  • ok ive got a strange problem
    i dont think im ready for dating yet i do.
    im lonely and want to date, yet i just know if i do ill dump him in less than a week.
    i do want to date i just. i duno
    i cant find the right person.
    i had one of my good friends ask me out again the other day.
    said no.
    do any of u know what i mean?
  • more than you know...

but you'll find someone and you'll know because it'll be on YOUR terms... not someone elses...
  • so... i just noticed there's this guy at my school who is a 16/17 year old clone of Damian.

There's something about his mannerisms and the whole "double-skinny rockstar" thing he's got going on that reminds me a lot of Damian.
    Now if i was to date a guy from my school it would definately be him

lol, after all, he has nice hair biggrin.gif
  • My last real relationship was about a year ago, we had been dating a couple of months 6 or 7. She slept with a now ex-friend of mine a week after we broke up. Of the girls I have dated in the last year, two have had Fiance's (sp?) 1 had boyfriend, bare in mind none of them told me this while we were dating. I've also dated two crazy girls who would not leave me alone after I called it off. and last night I went out with a lovely young women who I actually liked, who decided she no longer wants a relationship.

While gay does seem a little extreme, I am at least going celibate.
  • QUOTE (Thomas. @ May 22 2007, 04:56 AM)

celibate was my choice too... i haven't really had as horrible luck as you (very sorry love) but i have had some baaaad times in the recent past so... celibate was a good choice.
  • QUOTE (Thomas. @ May 22 2007, 01:56 AM)
    My last real relationship was about a year ago, we had been dating a couple of months 6 or 7. She slept with a now ex-friend of mine a week after we broke up. Of the girls I have dated in the last year, two have had Fiance's (sp?) 1 had boyfriend, bare in mind none of them told me this while we were dating. I've also dated two crazy girls who would not leave me alone after I called it off. and last night I went out with a lovely young women who I actually liked, who decided she no longer wants a relationship.

ohmy.gif
    wow i don't even know what to say to that.
    why would they do that!?! gaaah why do some girls have to be such bitches...
    not all socal chicks are like that - i promise!
    i'm sorry thomas!! sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Thomas. @ May 22 2007, 03:56 AM)
    My last real relationship was about a year ago, we had been dating a couple of months 6 or 7. She slept with a now ex-friend of mine a week after we broke up. Of the girls I have dated in the last year, two have had Fiance's (sp?) 1 had boyfriend, bare in mind none of them told me this while we were dating. I've also dated two crazy girls who would not leave me alone after I called it off. and last night I went out with a lovely young women who I actually liked, who decided she no longer wants a relationship.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble, and can imagine several people on this thread have been there, too. It sounds like you've just fallen into an unfortunate cycle of dating people who don't have a clue what they want, and so are cheating or becoming post-relationship obsessive (when it's too late), or just changing their minds altogether. That's not really a bad thing. Better to get them all out of the way now, right? True appreciation for the right person can come from dating the wrong ones.

One big question I would ask you is: Do you know what you want? Would taking time off help or hurt that process?

**EDIT**
    I meant two questions.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 21 2007, 10:53 PM)
    That's what I said, and suddenly the male interest multilied.. what is it with guys and lesbians?

Is that what works?? Fuck, I should have become a LUG three years ago!
  • QUOTE (Thomas. @ May 22 2007, 03:56 AM)

awh! thats horrible!

sad.gif