In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• QUOTE (Electra @ May 21 2007, 05:32 PM)
    ^^ That'd be brilliant, thank you, Sally!!
    You're wonderful smile.gif

no problem smile.gif I'll have it up here in like 5-10 minutes
  • You're such a star smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 21 2007, 05:44 PM)
    You're such a star smile.gif

You're a brighter star smile.gif

Here it is:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7W18DFCF

you might have to turn up the volume a lil
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 21 2007, 04:56 PM)
    Hahahaha!!

Guys, have OK Go ever played There's A Fire live?
    Just wondering...

Yes. I witnessed it - I was at The Downtown in Farmingdale, NY in April (???) '03 and they played it.
  • Ahhh, thank you!!!
    It's lovely!! smile.gif

Sally = image
  • electra =

(I wanted to put your name on that "you're a star" hollywood thing on getyourownstar.com but the site wasn't working,hehe)
  • haha okay so i was bored and had too much time on my hands...

• Who are the admins?
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ May 21 2007, 11:31 PM)
    (I wanted to put your name on that "you're a star" hollywood thing on getyourownstar.com but the site wasn't working,hehe)

Haha, I tried that for you too! tongue.gif

QUOTE (katieyellow @ May 22 2007, 05:24 AM)

I love you smile.gif
    Both of you!

QUOTE (Thomas. @ May 22 2007, 09:58 AM)
    Who are the admins?

Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore runs the place, but that's all I know....
  • QUOTE (Thomas. @ May 22 2007, 04:58 AM)
    Who are the admins?

OKGoadmin has been used by Damian in a thread re: lyrics for Oh No before it came out. And that's the only time that screenname has been used.
  • Katie, you're awesome!
    You deserve one too smile.gif
  • awww shucks!! smile.gif thank you !!
  • when do i get my own star?
  • how bout now?

these are the only 2 names i know you by (someone told me your real name, fyi... that or i read it somewhere... anyway)

• awesome! you get a... ummm... thumbs up! at this point im going to give the thumbs up to my screen.
  • What's with their earlier videos? The "Get Over It" one is kind of cute, but the "Don't Ask Me" vid just seems really...off. (It looks like someone at a post house just had a background and a dancing girl and blue-screened the band in.)

How rare or not-rare are the original EPs? I'd really love to hear some of those songs but don't want to spend loads of money on eBay.

(Rhetorical question time: am I the only one who's relieved that the band's significant others stay out of the limelight? One of the things that really scotched my appreciation of the Decemberists was Colin Meloy's girlfriend's repeated response to the band's critics.)
  • Well, after the first Don't Ask Me vid, they made another version, in which they had random people come in off the street or something and dance (you can hear Dan saying, "We're making a video for OK Go!" he's so cute!!)
    I don't like the girl in the first version either, but it was like one of their first music videos (in fact, and someone please correct me cuz I'm probly wrong, but wasn't Get Over It in 2005 and Don't Ask Me in 2003? So Don't Ask Me was their first music video, other than the Cinnamon Lips dance. So, they were still developing their style at that point). The second version shows how they changed their style in videos I think.
  • Get Over It definitely wasn't in 2005; Andy Duncan had left the band by then.
  • Yeah, we can forgive them for the annoying girl in Don't Ask Me. Sally - I totally agree!! How cute is Dan when he says that?? I love it!! I always imagine he's saying it to Damian or something, who would be totally clueless tongue.gif

QUOTE (Stany @ Jun 13 2007, 09:06 PM)
    (Rhetorical question time: am I the only one who's relieved that the band's significant others stay out of the limelight? One of the things that really scotched my appreciation of the Decemberists was Colin Meloy's girlfriend's repeated response to the band's critics.)

Yeah, I like that too. If they were too heavily involved I reckon Damian's wife would just annoy me - I'm sure she's lovely but purely the fact that she's married to him would bug the hell out of me lol. It's a good thing they're in the shadows.