In this Discussion

Complaints Thread

Comments

• aw wolfy that is crazy!!
    sad.gif
    but yeah i agree with what everyone else said.. its important to keep your iron levels straight.. and try taking a multivitamin as well because a lot people say it gives them more energy (just generally like they feel better, etc).
  • Awww thanks everyone.

Yeah, the gyno told me to take a prenatal. Well, I have 1 a day womens, so I've been taking that until I can drag my carcass across the street to get real deal. I need to get some steak too. I mean I have to right wink.gif
  • Ooh, yeah, avoid milk. I think it's the calcium that inhibits iron absorption, though I can't be sure on that... I was told the same thing, to cut back on dairy products in general until the iron and hemoglobin are back to normal. Vitamin C helps to absorb iron, so drink lots of orange juice and eat lots of strawberries biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Aug 17 2007, 11:44 AM)
    Sprocket I didn't know that about cereal and milk. I do eat cereal in the morning, but I put soy milk on it. Does soy have the same iron inhibiting properties?

Claret is right, it's the calcium that inhibits iron absorption. I'm not too savvy on the calcium content in soy, but looking into it wouldn't hurt. Just don't take the prenatal with a swallow of something calcium-rich if you're going for the iron. Not sure about Mnt. Dew, but cola decreases your natural iron level, so does tea. Gosh, that doesn't leave much to drink, does it? I hope you like lemonade!

**edit: misplaced space***
  • wow im like getting more information about this stuff than i do in school
  • It's good info to have. But what I don't get is if calcium inhibits iron absorption then why does my multivitamin have both. Seem counter productive.

Random Calcium info: Your body can only absorb half the daily recommended amount at one time, so you have to have it twice a day.
  • Hmm. Interesting. Thanks!
  • ugh my eyes and nose itch soo incredibly bad i even took a shower and they still itch i think i might be allergic to something becuase i keep on sneezing too, my eyes feel like big puff balls and the itching is beginning to hurt
  • I'm allergic to winter.
  • QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Aug 18 2007, 09:10 PM)
    ugh my eyes and nose itch soo incredibly bad i even took a shower and they still itch i think i might be allergic to something becuase i keep on sneezing too, my eyes feel like big puff balls and the itching is beginning to hurt

My allergies have been horrible lately, and I haven't missed my medicine in weeks. I heard on the news that ragweed is in bloom, so I'm assuming I'm allergic to that.

QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Aug 18 2007, 09:15 PM)
    I'm allergic to winter.

Do you just mean you don't like it?
    I'm allergic to summer. Er, well, it makes me feel really sick. I don't know why. I hate the heat.
  • No, I mean my nose runs all winter long. I'm sure it's some plant or something, or maybe mold in the HVAC, but i don't know what it is, and it comes in winter. So effectively, I'm allergic to winter.
  • Ohh, now I get it. Have you ever tried to get some sort of allergy medicine for it?
  • it's really not terribly bothersome. Just a mild discomfort. I keep a box of kleenx nearby and I'm fine.
  • Ohh, well at least it's not that bad. I reccomend those tissues with lotion. They work wonders smile.gif
  • omg i know one time i ran out of tissues and i had to use like toilet paper and the skin underneath my nose like turned raw and red and it hurt
  • No one asked, but those lotion tissues drive me crazy! For some reason they always make my nose problems worse. Weird, eh?
  • Aww sad.gif My friend once had a horrible cold, but came to school so I wouldn't have to be partners with the smelly kid in gym, and she had to use those awful brown papertowels from school, and when those ran out, she had to use paper.
    I love her for that.
  • ^^aww, shes a nice friend smile.gif
    that's happened to me a lot too. i can stand the really soft tissues tho, so i have to use the sort-of rough ones.
  • omg ouch! paper as in like lined paaper you use to write on??
  • QUOTE (Kay-tea @ Aug 18 2007, 10:30 PM)
    No one asked, but those lotion tissues drive me crazy! For some reason they always make my nose problems worse. Weird, eh?

Hmm, odd. I only use them when I'm sick, or whenever I'm blowing my nose frequently. I get annoyed by the lotion part, unless my nose is sore. Then, I love it.