In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• Darbie, that is gorgeous!! Why would you WANT to take it off??? Hehe smile.gif

Welcome home, Tempe!
  • Darbie, I want that shirt!! Is it ever hard for you to make these creations?
  • QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Oct 7 2007, 09:10 AM)
    I wish I was a glow worm,
    A glow worms never glum.
    Because how can you be grumpy,
    When the sun shines out your bum.

my younger sis had a glow worm... i was sooo jealous...

and welcome back Darbie and Tempe!
  • You're so talented Darbie! I want to learn how to sew and use a sewing machine.

Welcome back Tempe!
  • Yey, it's great to be back.

Oh dear, I've still got all my stuff scattered about. WHERE IS MY OK GO DVD!? Now I have to rummage thru all the stuff I brought to and from and find it. Eesh, it's as if I moved.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 8 2007, 02:17 PM)
    Yey, it's great to be back.
    Oh dear, I've still got all my stuff scattered about. WHERE IS MY OK GO DVD!? Now I have to rummage thru all the stuff I brought to and from and find it. Eesh, it's as if I moved.

I still don't know where my OK Go CD is or my DVD remote for that matter, which is kind of making life hard for me. Sob sob. All belongings should come with a recovery beeper or something!
  • i may or may not have been forced to kiss michael showalter's look alike at the bar on thursday. whoops. never again.

anyway.

has anyone ever read Looking Backward by Edward Bellamy? I'm supposed to be writing a paper on it, well, I should have written it a week ago, but it's due today and I was looking for outside suggestions... anyone?
  • I want a taco.
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Oct 9 2007, 11:45 AM)
    I want a taco.

a taco [ta-co] or a taco [tar-co]

sorry, i've been bugging all my friends with this question... laugh.gif
  • I am sitting in my room with my scarf that I wore all of last winter wrapped around my face. Montreal has started to get chilly. I put on my scarf and felt suddenly excited for winter. I can't talk about it with my roommates too much because they'll think I'm a crazy, pining for -30 days where I could stay in bed until 4 and no one would call me lazy. Days when Ken came up and we woke up to snow, him still asleep under the covers and me sitting up with my roommates, eating cereal in the window and watching the snow come down. Of waiting for 5 hours outside in the middle of February to get Arcade Fire tickets and walking around at 6 in the morning, unable to feel my toes, down through the Plateau as it snowed and everyone was asleep. I don't remember anything being so quiet. Of hot chocolate and warm rooms and midnight sledding and how slow everything could move and how nice it was.

I can't stop smelling this scarf. That's weird right?
  • Slightly weird, but very understandable.
    I love winter.
    I wish it snowed here...
    actually I don't, because people would freak out and wreak havoc.
    But I love winter. Very much.
  • I love cold weather because I get to wear lots of jackets and scarves. It's also an excuse to hug people for body warmth.
  • Exactly! I am a layerer. I love hats and scarves and "toughing out" the cold (though I'm really a wimp and complain about it every chance I get). I think I'm just a homebody and I like that snow is an excuse to stay in, draw, drink wine, and play Scrabble.
  • tone... i'm seriously the exact same way. i complain about winter from the day it begins past the day it ends... but i'm such a homebody too, i just love winter coats and hats and scarves and boots and sweaters... and i love laying in bed with all my blinds up so i can see outside, but not always have to be in it... and i get to drink all the hot beverages i want without being completely uncomfortable (like i was last night, sipping on tea for my throat in 75* weather...)

and it's not weird that you smell your scarf. i smell my blanket a lot.. .yes, i will admit THAT is weird... but i don't know what it is... it's comforting and it just smells like... comfort.

edit: i'm leaving it, but good god am i redundant.
  • Yeah and you're redundant too. wink.gif
  • har har har wink.gif

i'm on my 3rd cup of tea w/ honey for today...
  • I meant to buy a packet of earl grey from the cafeteria for my afternoon tea, but I forgot. Right now I have this peach white tea that I really loved when I first got it, but I got over it quick. Now it's all old and stale.

I could use the pick me up though.
  • 2 more hours, la la la la
    2 more hours, la la la la
    La la la la la. La la la la
    2 more hours la la la la
  • I have constricted jaws, a premature contact, and a high vaulted palate. Ouch, orthodontists really cut their words deep.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Oct 8 2007, 09:56 PM)
    I am sitting in my room with my scarf that I wore all of last winter wrapped around my face. Montreal has started to get chilly. I put on my scarf and felt suddenly excited for winter. I can't talk about it with my roommates too much because they'll think I'm a crazy, pining for -30 days where I could stay in bed until 4 and no one would call me lazy. Days when Ken came up and we woke up to snow, him still asleep under the covers and me sitting up with my roommates, eating cereal in the window and watching the snow come down. Of waiting for 5 hours outside in the middle of February to get Arcade Fire tickets and walking around at 6 in the morning, unable to feel my toes, down through the Plateau as it snowed and everyone was asleep. I don't remember anything being so quiet. Of hot chocolate and warm rooms and midnight sledding and how slow everything could move and how nice it was.

I can't stop smelling this scarf. That's weird right?

Tonetoile, I always love your posts wub.gif Their so poetic, even the bedbug ones. To me the smell of wet dirt in Arizona means winter and makes me happy. I love winter, sometimes I really miss true winters. My sister thinks I'm nuts for missing snow.